collecting your jar of hearts

Leave It All Behind

That was one month ago. The busiest and most enlightening month of my life so far.

Ki Young had become a good friend and silent supporter through my struggles and listened intently to my heartbreak. He advised me to take studying more seriously incase I don't get a contract. It was the best advice given to me. I decided to start studying business and marketing. I knew I had a long way to go but I needed my mind to be occupied of things other than Seung Jo so I drowned myself in the busy schedule. In my mind, if I had failed and never recieved a contract then I would run my fathers resturant as a mogul since I had no skill in the kitchen. My father was delighted.

My father, Mum, Dad and little brother Euon Jo were helping at home. They kept me motivated to keep studying and reminded me to keep up with my vocals. After the shocking announcement that I had musical talent, Mum and Dad agreed to keep it a secret from Seung Jo. I wouldn't have the heart to hear any of his criticism.

Throughout the month I had seen glimpses of Seung Jo. He would come around the house frequently and I'd see him at uni. Whenever he saw me he'd have a comtemplative look on his face but it would turn cold if anyone else was near. Everytime my heart would start racing and my hands would reach out to touch him but I would always stop myself. I couldn't go through the pain again. Love was harsh

 

Today was the day that I was waiting for. Today I would find out whether or not I would be able to have a future in the music industry.

Getting out of bed, I rushed through my morning routine.

Ki Young said he would call during breakfast to tell me whether or not I go signed.

Running down the stairs I fly into a chair at table and patiently wait for the phone call. Tapping my fingers rhythmically, i can feel everyones stare on my face. They all know how important this one phone call is. They too are waiting.

A hand suddenly reaches out and grabs mine to stop the tapping

"Whats wrong with everyone this morning? You're all fidgeting and its making me anxious!"

I hadn't even realised Seung Jo decided to join us for breakfast. Hes looking at me for an answer. I turn to Mum amd she shrugs apologetically telling me she was unaware that he was coming today.

Just as I was about to reply my phones rings and Ki Youngs name is on the screen.

No one is speaking. Its quiet. All of a sudden everyone is rushing to me telling me to answer the phone quickly. Seung Jo is still staring at me in confusion.

-"Hello.. yes.. really.. I can't believe it!"

When those words come out of my mouth every one besides Seung Jo is hugging and celebrating while he sits there looking dumbfounded and starting to get angry. In my joy I unknowingly jump into his arms suprising him but he just holds me as I continue talking on the phone.

-"Thats amazing.. yes you're amazing.. Okay I'll see you soon then" with that I hang up and realise where I am. The smile slowly diminishing as I leave his arms.

"Sorry Seung Jo"

"Yah just forget it and tell me whats going on" he says looking at me intently

Ding Dong

"OHHH HHHAAAA NNNIIIII"

Everyone rushes to the door realising its Ki Young and when I see him I fly straight into his arms while everyone else is congratulating us and patting him on the back.

"What the hell is going on? And who is he?"

Oh No! Seung Jo. How the hell are we going to keep this a secret!