Sudden Appearance

It All Started as a Dare

Day 7: Sunday

  I woke up late today because I needed to catch up on my sleep. I was completely refreshed and ready to take on what my parents will tell me to do. Well, that is after church at least.

  We got ready, wearing appropriate clothing and head out. Afterwards, we head straight home and Umma and Appa sat on the couch, watching T.V. I sneaked upstairs hoping they wouldn’t tell me to do anything. It’s one o’clock which meant there are things to be done.

  Umma may have cleaned yesterday but there’s always one or two things left.

  “Myung Hee!” Umma called from downstairs.

  I was halfway up and snapped. Darn! So close! “Yes, Umma!” I shouted while trotting down the steps. I stood next to the couch and bowed.

  Appa grinned and wrapped an arm around Umma’s shoulder. “Would you like to go somewhere today?” He asked.

  My eyes brightened. “Like where?” I hope we go to the zoo or something! It’s been a long time since I’ve been there! Plus I have nothing to do at home. I hope it will be somewhere fun!

  Umma smacked Appa behind his head. “Byunghun! Don’t tease your daughter like that.”

  He chuckled and pinched Umma’s cheek. “You’re still as hot headed as usual.”

  She sneered at Appa before turning back to me. “Is it okay if you buy the groceries? The list is on the counter. I have to finish washing the clothes and your Appa will be mowing the grass!” With every word, she gave Appa a look.

  “Ah!” He flung his head back and sighed.

  She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms around her chest.

  Appa stared at her. In defeat, he said, “Okay, okay. I’ll do it.”

  “I’ve been asking you since last week!”

  “I’m sorry Jagiya!” He pouted and kissed her cheek.

  I giggled at the sight. Umma and Appa always fought like this, but they were never really mad at each other. They would have arguments here and there but they would forgive each other. The main culprit however, is Appa. He’s the main cause of all the problems.

  As Umma and Appa were having their argument, I grab my bag and the list of groceries on the counter and head out. Our town was pretty small so the market was walking distance. I could practically walk to any store around here.

  I was humming to myself while swinging my bag. Want to know what I was humming? Well… I was humming 0330. I still don’t understand what it meant, but I will soon. Whenever I see Jaeseop, I’m going to ask him.

  In about thirty minutes, I finally arrived at the market. I looked at the list and saw I had to get five things: milk, carrots, spinach, eggs, and cereal. I have no idea if Umma is going to cook something involving these or we just need them around just in case.

  Whatever it was, I grabbed a basket and headed to the vegetables.

  I grabbed what I needed and looked for the milk.

  As I was walking down the aisles, someone in particular caught my eye. I paused and stared. I look up and found he was on the cereal section. I stared at my list and smiled. At least I have an excuse to come up to him.

  I strode down the aisle, pretending I didn’t see him and looked for what I wanted. The closer I got, the more I noticed how concentrated he was in picking out his cereal. I silently laugh at him.

  “Good afternoon, Jaeseop!” I greeted while leaning close.

  He jumped, nearly dropping the cereal box. He glared at me. “Are you stalking me?”

  “What? No!” What is he talking about? I was probably here first considering I have way more items than him! Plus I didn’t know he was here until now!

  Jaeseop rolled his eyes. “I can never get away from you, now can I?”

  I grinned and pinched his cheeks. “Aw, you miss me, don’t you?”

  “No.” He took a couple of steps away from me and picked up a different cereal box.

  He’s picky, isn’t he? I watch carefully as he stared at the box in his hands to the boxes on the shelves. It’s just cereal! Why is he making things so complicated?

  Jaeseop’s gaze went to me in an irritated expression. “Why are you still here?”

  “Ah…” I look at my list. “I came to buy cereal, too! See look!” I held out the list for him to see.

  He didn’t even look at it before returning to his own duties.

  I still didn’t get my cereal and kept staring at Jaeseop. Does he always take that long just to pick out a cereal? I find that quite time consuming. Doesn’t he have other stuff at home? “What’s taking you so long to choose?” I asked him as he placed the box back on the shelves.

  “My… Family is very picky on food. I don’t know what they like. One person likes marshmallows while the other doesn’t.” He sighed through his nose and shook his head. “I’m trying to find something everyone likes because- Wait. Why am I telling you this?!” Jaeseop groaned and walked farther down the aisle.

  I followed and spotted the Fruity Pebbles. “How about this? I like these!” I picked it up and held it out to him.

  Jaeseop stared at it for a moment before shaking his head. “The crunchiness goes away fast.”

  “But I like the taste.”

  “Then you buy it and leave me alone!” He snapped and picked up the Cocoa Puffs. “Maybe this one,” he mumbled to himself.

  Chocolate? “But aren’t those hard?”

  He rolled his eyes and picked up the Reese’s Puffs.

  “Aren’t those almost the same except the Reese’s Puffs have peanut butter? No one in your family is allergic to peanut butter, right?”

  Jaeseop placed the Reese’s Puffs back on the shelf and picked up the Cap’n Crunch. He still had the Cocoa Puffs in his hands and looked back and forth to both. His eyes squint as he thought which one to choose.

  “I like the Cap’n Crunch more.” I stated.

  His eye twitched. “Would you just stop talking? I can’t think.”

  “Do you really need to think to pick out cereal?” I asked in curiosity.

  “Yes… Like I said they’re picky. So shoo. You got your cereal and I want mine.” He muttered something I couldn’t understand and tossed both cereals in his basket. He must have given up on choosing.

  “Where are you going now?” I asked while following him.

  He shot me a glare. “I’m going to get milk. Please don’t follow me.”

  I don’t care what he told me, I still followed him. I don’t have anything to do in the house and I still needed to get milk also.

  Irritated, Jaeseop snapped, “Why does a girl like you have to exist?”

  I pouted. “I need to buy milk, too. It’s in my list. Plus the eggs are near the area, too. Do you need to buy eggs, Jaeseop?” I asked cutely.

  He muttered something again. “I just need milk.”

  I grinned. This boy is fun to mess with. I don’t know why but his reactions are precious!

  Once there, I checked the expiration date and grabbed the one that wouldn’t expire until later. And as for Jaeseop, of course he would check nearly every single date before getting his.

  While he was busy with that, I walked off to grab my eggs. I made sure none of them were cracked before carefully placing them in my basket. I came back to Jaeseop who just now chose what he wanted and asked, “Is that good enough?”

  “Yeah. It is.”

  “Is there anything else you need?”

  “No.”

  “Oh…” Then an idea hit me. Since I have nothing to do today and Jaeseop is with me, we could probably do something. Of course I have to tell my parents I’ll be a little late, but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind. “Hey, do you-”

  Jaeseop cut me off. “You already asked me five questions today. I don’t want to hear anymore.”

  My mouth gaped. “Wait. Since whe-”

  He started walking away.

 “Hey, wait!” I called out for him. So he was keeping track this whole time? Was that what he was muttering? This boy is one of the sneakiest boy I have ever met. I called out for him, but he didn’t hear me. That is until I called out, “Hey! Kitty!”

  He paused in his tracks.

  Oops. I think calling him a kitty was a big mistake.

  His body turned slowly, revealing an irritated Jaeseop. His eye was twitching while his face was burning with rage. He stomped towards me and jabbed a finger to my chest. “Never call my kitty ever again.” He spat through gritted teeth.

  I bowed my head. “I-I’m sorry.”

  He scratched his ear and sighed. “You should go home. It’s a Sunday. You should spend time with your family.”

  I didn’t saw a word and watched his retreating figure. When he was nowhere in sight, I let out a deep sigh. He’s scary when he’s mad. I’ll never try to annoy him that badly anymore. I thought I was going to die! And his bruised eye wasn't helping at all!

~~~~~

Hehe~ Kitty~ AJ will always be a kitty :3