Almost Big Mistake

It All Started as a Dare

Day 15 Monday:

  I was hoping to find Kiseop today so I could beat the crap out of him, but he was no where in sight. And when I asked some students, they said he was absent. They didn’t know why because he’s never sick before. I sneered at that thought. He’s probably skipping to be with his new girlfriend. I knew he was trouble from the beginning!

  Throughout the whole day, I couldn’t stop staring at Jaeseop. We didn’t talk much because I was embarrassed to say anything. Plus we’re going to meet after school. I was excited for it.

  It was strange not talking to Jaeseop since I’m usually bugging him. I would expect him to confront me, but we kept our distance. I don’t know what’s going on in his head but it was bothering me. I was thinking he didn’t like me and everything he said yesterday was a lie, but that’s not him.

  The big problem was Da Som. She saw everything and at lunch, she confronted me, “Is your boyfriend not your boyfriend anymore? Did you two break up after your date? Don’t you remember what will happen if-”

  “We didn’t break up.” I shot her a glare.

  She made a face and sneered. “Whatever. It seems like he’s not interested in you anymore. If he breaks up with you, then you lose. You were suppose to date him for a-”

  “He’s not going to break up with me.” I continued to interrupt her, knowing it would annoy her.

  opened to say something, but Jaeseop’s voice stopped her, “Will you leave her alone. Our relationship has nothing to do with you.”

  Da Som rolled her eyes and strutted away.

  Jaeseop stared at me, still not wearing his glasses. He looked amazing without them, but I missed his cute spectacles. I’m glad he got contacts but I liked him with his glasses. He looked smart and cute. Now he seemed like one of those regular teenaged boys. All that’s left is his braces.

  “You do remember what we agreed on yesterday, right?” He asked.

  I nodded.

  “Meet me at the gate and you can finally see my house.”

  I wanted to hug him right then and there, but I stayed in my seat. I was excited with that thought. Ah! I’ll finally be able to see his house! It took half the month for me to figure out where he lives!

  I watched him go, disappointed he wouldn’t be eating with me. Those were the first words he said to me. I don’t know why he doesn’t want to speak to me today. I guess he’s saving it for later? Who knows?

~~~

  After school I met Jaeseop at the gates and grabbed his arm. I was getting comfortable with the position and I’m sure Jaeseop doesn’t mind me doing this anymore. If only he would let me hug him…

  “Let’s go?” He asked, pulling me down the sidewalk.

  I nodded and let him lead me to his house.

  We entered the same neighborhood where I met with Hoon that one day. It was strange thinking he lived near Jaeseop. I hope they don’t beat each other up when they find out about that fact.

  The way there was silent and the moment we stopped, he said, “Alright. We’re here.”

  I looked up to find a one-story house. It seemed cozy and cute compared to my two-story house. I wouldn’t mind living in something like this! But then where would my piano go to?

  Jaeseop led me inside and walked to the kitchen. “I’ll grab some tea. You can sit on the couch and watch T.V if you like.”

  I nodded and watched him disappear in the kitchen before plopping myself on the couch. It was cozy but wrinkled by a lot of butts sitting on the cushions. I found the remote in front of me and the T.V. I flipped through channels until I found a drama I have been following since it came out. “Yes! A new episode!” I exclaimed and bounced in my seat.

  Jaeseop returned, carrying a tray of tea.

  “Where’s your brothers?” I asked.

  “My brothers? Oh! They’re not here today. They’re visiting our parents.” He exclaimed quite panicky.

  I nodded and was concentrated on the drama. I took a cup and drank out of it.

  Jaeseop was still standing, his gaze switching from the T.V to me. “You like that cheesy stuff?”

  “Of course I do! It’s so cute!” I squealed.

  He shook his head and sat next to me.

  I stiffened at how close we were. I was suddenly distracted from my drama which was pretty rare because nothing could break my concentration on watching. I kept my gaze at the T.V but in my peripheral vision, I could see Jaeseop watching, too. I bet he watches dramas, too.

  I grinned sheepishly and poked his side. “You watch dramas, too, don’t you?”

  He jumped and became offended. “No I don’t!”

  I giggled. “Don’t lie. You seem like the romantic type of person. After all, the song 0330 was kind of cheesy. What did r²π mean?”

  He blushed. “Okay fine. You got me. I do think of cheesy stuff…”

  I wanted to pinch his cheeks. Oh how long I’ve waited for this day to be close to Jaeseop like this. It feels like a dream. I puffed my cheeks. “So… Why did you suddenly thought of bringing me here? I mean. To tell you the truth it didn’t seem like wanted me to.”

  “I didn’t want you to see my crazy brothers. That’s all.”

  “Oh.” Again, I puff my cheeks as my eyes trailed to the T.V. I wonder what it would be like to feel his lips on mine once again.

  “I actually wanted to see you personally because…” He paused.

  I looked at him.

  He bit his lip. “To tell you the truth, I-” Another pause.

  This boy is seriously making me crazy! Why can’t he just spit it out?

  “I-I like you.”

  I grinned from ear to ear happy to hear his confession. I leaned close to him. “Do you, really?”

  He blushed and leaned back. “Y-Yeah.”

  I narrowed my eyes. Did someone tell him to say that? It didn’t seem like he had any emotions when he said that. “Are you sure?”

  “Yeah. I’m sure.” He was getting annoyed now.

  I giggled. “I’m just playing with you.” I looked at the ground. “Since when?”

  “I guess after you helped me when Hoon punched me. I don’t know. My feelings actually grew when I met your parents on Friday and Saturday…” He stopped. “I was just afraid to show my feelings because the only reason why we’re together is because of a dare.”

  My eyes drooped. “You’re right. It did start as a dare, but I like you, too…” I flushed.

  I knew he was staring at me but I didn’t do anything. I was afraid of moving.

  “Myungie.” His voice came soft.

  I faced him, my eyes immediately landing on his lips. Oh how I wanted to kiss them right now. I wanted to know what it’s like to kiss him with a long, passionate kiss. I didn’t want the quick peck on the lips.

  I closed my eyes.

  “Myungie.” He repeated.

  “Huh?” I kept my eyes closed.

  “I’m still not convinced. I still don’t think you like me the same way as I do. After all, you did like Hoon for a while and the heart always remember those feelings.”

  My eyes flung open. Does he not trust me? I do love him and that’s the truth! I’m over Hoon! I convinced myself after the day he kissed me. That kiss wasn’t true. I know it was only lust for him. As for Jaeseop, I know his feelings are true and I love that about him.

  I scratched the back of my head and grinned as an idea formed in my head. “I’ll prove it to you.”

  “Huh?”

  I grinned and leaned forward, my lips pressing on his. Oh how I loved the feel of it. It was a simple kiss, but soon it made a total new turn.

  I felt his lips moving against mine as his tongue poked out, asking for entrance. I allowed him, feeling his tongue rub against mine. I moaned at the feel and ran my hands through his red hair. I pushed him deeper into the kiss as our tongues danced with each other.

  His low moan made me go crazy! I didn’t know what this feeling was, but I wanted to go farther.

  As if on cue, he pushed me down on the couch, his body pressing against mine. His hands slipped behind my back, sending chills up my spine.

 Jaeseop pulled away to breath. We stare into each others eyes for a moment before kissing once again.

  I was lost in his kisses as a whole new rush came over me. My hands moved on its own as I rubbed them against his chest. They slowly went lower but before I could reach to his pants, he pulled away, gasping.

  His eyes were wide. “Let’s stop.” He said.

  “What?” I wanted to go farther.

  Jaeseop stood and bowed. “I promised your Umma I wouldn’t do anything to you.”

  I bit my lip. I was thinking about this situation. Could this be like what happened to my parents? Was that why they didn’t want me to do it because if I made that same mistake, I can’t turn back?

  “You should go now.” Jaeseop gulped and closed his eyes.

  I didn’t know what to say and sat up. I didn’t argue knowing this was the right decision.

  “I’m sorry.” I heard him mutter.

  I didn’t want him to apologize. After all, I was the one who started it. “It’s not your fault.” I said before leaving. I knew if I stayed there, things would get worse. I quickly walked down his driveway with my hands on my lips. I couldn’t believe we kissed like that, but I enjoyed it. It felt as if he did kiss someone before. Could his brothers be lying or was it because I’m an amateur so it felt amazing to me? I shook my head. I seriously need to go home to clear this up.