Gym Mishap

It All Started as a Dare

Day 20 Friday:

  I told Umma that Jaeseop couldn’t come and she was a bit disappointed but there’s nothing we could do about it. She said if it’s a family matter, then we shouldn’t push him to go.

  The whole day was like any other day except for P.E. Since it was Friday, we had a free day where we got to do whatever we liked until class is over. Some students played sports, some played around, and some sat and talked. As for me, I stood next to Nana as we talked.

  Nana sighed. “I hate how Kiseop’s in this class.”

  I stared at him sitting with his group and new girlfriend. I swear I’m going to punch this guy in the guts one day if he ever does something worse. And by that I mean getting someone pregnant.

  “Well, at least you’re over him, right?” I asked while tearing my gaze away from him. I can’t even stand looking at him!

  She nodded. “Majority.”

  I nodded my head. “Take it in slowly and then you’ll realize he isn’t for you.” As I said those words, I saw Hoon jogging around the gym. He’s such an athlete. I wish Jaeseop could be like that! I mean, look at those muscles! I mentally slapped myself for thinking those things. Jaeseop is perfect no matter what! Okay, he has his flaws, but it’s still attractive.

  Nana followed my gaze. “Hoon. Do you still like him?”

  I continued to stare at Hoon. I have been convincing myself I don’t like him, but it’s clear I still have slight feelings for him. He’s still placed somewhere in my heart. I can’t love him though. At least not after I realized he isn’t the one for me.

  “I’d like to say I don’t, but I still have slight feelings.” I respond.

  Nana patted my back. “It’s okay. We’re girls and that’s how girls think. But always remember you have Jaeseop and you shouldn’t be cheating on him. It hurts to see someone cheating on you. Take it from someone who has experienced it.”

  I nodded. She had a point there. My eyes trailed even more. It’s very crazy in the gym since the coaches weren’t around. Since it was a free day, they don’t stay in the gym. Instead, they stay in their office and if they hear something wrong, they’ll step right out and end the free day.

  I noticed Da Som staring at Hoon as he jogged, but as he disappeared from her sight, she switched to watching something else. I followed her eyes and saw Jaeseop sitting on the bleachers while reading a book.

  Typical Jaeseop.

  But why is Da Som staring at my boyfriend? I don’t understand why she wants him so badly? Is she trying to make me loose the dare? It’s not going to work because we’re in love with each other. There’s no way she’s going to win.

  I continued to watch her until she stood up.

  I stood and walked towards him. Every second, I would glance at Da Som and she would glance at me. Our pace got quicker with each step and each glance. It soon became a run. I climbed up the bleachers at the same time she did and met with Jaeseop at the same time.

  He jumped and looked at both of us. With a sigh, he closed his book and closed his eyes. “What’s going on?”

  Da Som and I glared at each other as we sent daggers. I don’t know why she’s being so competitive with me when it’s clear he’s not going to fall for her. He’s all mine.

  Da Som rolled her eyes but smiled at Jaeseop. “Why don’t you do something other than read a book? It’s free time so you should do more than just read.”

  “Don’t tell me what to do,” he shot while opening his book again.

  I sat next to him and stuck my tongue out at Da Som.

  She sneered at me and sat next to him on the other side.

  I wrap my arms around his and squeezed him tight.

  Da Som does the same thing, but Jaeseop pulled away from her.

  He gave her an annoyed look. “What are you doing here? Leave me and my girlfriend alone,” he spat at her and scooted closer to me.

  Ha! He called me his girlfriend! I made a smug look at her and leaned against Jaeseop’s shoulder. I bet he mind, but he didn’t say anything. After all, he wanted Da Som out of here.

  She rolled her eyes. “Like you two are actually together,” she muttered only loud enough for us to hear.

  “We definitely are together. It’s no longer a dare. It’s real.”

  Da Som stared at both of us. “Oh really?”

  “Do you want me to prove it or something?”

  She bit her lip, knowing if she said yes, he’ll do something. However if she says no, then that meant she believes it. Making a decision, she snorted and walked off.

  Jaeseop smirked and returned to his book. Remembering I had my arm linked with his, he jerked away and scooted over. “She’s really getting annoying, don’t you think?”

  I giggled. “Yeah.” I stared at his book. “What are you reading?”

  He closed it. “Nothing. I’m tired, actually.” Jaeseop placed the book on the bench and laid down, head on my lap.

  I blushed like crazy as I saw him staring up at me.

  Jaeseop’s eyes looked at me with admiration as he smoothed my cheek. “You’re really beautiful.” His hand switched to my hair as he twirled strands around his fingers. For a moment, his expression showed admiration, but it soon turned to sadness. I’m not sure why, but something was bothering him.

  “What’s wrong?” I asked him.

   He shook his head as his smile came back. “It’s nothing.” Jaeseop paused. “No matter what happens, will you still love me?”

  I gave him a look. “What do you mean? Of course I’ll love you!”

  He managed a weak smile as his eyes slowly closed. “I hope so.”

  I don’t understand what he was talking about. Why wouldn’t I still love him? I’ve been through a lot with him even though it’s not that long. I can put up with his ups and downs. I can put up with his attitude. There’s no way I won’t stop loving him. He’s one of the few people who I can be myself with. I definitely will never stop loving him.

~~~~

Sorry, it's short once again, but next chapter will be longer.