Have You Ever...

It All Started as a Dare

   Day 3 Wednesday:

  Third day of the nerd boy, popular girl relationship. How is it you may ask? Boring. Flat out boring. I can never imagine a guy to be as boring as Jaeseop! I really need to work on him big time! Ugh! It's going to be so hard when it comes to this guy! Do most nerds have to be all over their work?

   So this morning I met Jaeseop at his locker. He was doing the usual routine.

  "Good morning!" I shouted and attempted to hug him, but he side stepped, causing me to hug the locker instead. There was a loud bang as I came into contact with the locker. "Oh c'mon. Just one hug." I said, rubbing my forehead. I think I could feel a bump forming.

  "Hm... Let me think about that..." He scratched his chin. "No," he stated and walked away.

  "You're so boring! What's wrong with one hug?"

  "Everything. It's not my thing." he said, not meeting my gaze.

  "Hugging can't be your thing. You'll get used to it anyways."  I insisted. Just one hug, that's all I need, then I'll leave him alone, for a while, but if I tell him that, it won't be a real hug.

  He sighed, shaking his head. He took my hand and pulled me close, spreading butterflies in my stomach. His hug was very light, but it felt like he has done it a million times. If he's not a hugger, then why does seem like he hugs as if he's had practice? Hm... Something else I need to know about Jaeseop.

  He pushed me away. "Happy now?"

  I decided to , seeing what he'll do, "Could've been better," but it was a lie.

  He rolled his eyes. "Whatever." Jaeseop continued walking without taking a single glance back at me. Well!

  I followed him into the classroom and there were papers on top of every desk with our names written on them. I hope I'll get to sit next to Jaeseop or Hoon; either one I'm fine with. I searched for my name. The desks were set in pairs, so I had to look over some of the desk to see the paper next to the other one. I found my name and guess who sits next to me?

  If you guessed Jaeseop, you're right, if you guessed Hoon, you're wrong. Better luck next time.

  I smiled to myself. This is going to be great. Now I'll get to talk to him even more. I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank you Mrs. Kim.

  The moment Jaeseop found his name, he sat down. But when he saw me, he immediately got up, and asked Mrs. Kim, "Can I switch."

  She gave him a look. "No. That's going to be your seat until the grading period is over whether you like it or not."

  He sighed and sat back down. "I bet you're happy right now."

  "Yupp! I certainly am." I leaned towards him and he leaned back. "Have you ever had a girlfriend before?" I whispered in a hushed voice.

  His eyes roll away while he blushes. "No..."

  I smirked. "That's not what your eyes say."

  That caught his attention. "Okay. I did back in middle school. Happy?"

  "Yeah. Even more happy." I said and slouched in my chair, thinking. "Have you ever been to a party?"

  "Of course I have!"

  I glanced at him. "I don't mean like a relative party but a party with your friends."

  He sighed. "Yeah I have. Now stop asking me these stupid questions. Why do you need to know anyways? And don't say 'because we are together.' We are not really together. It's more like you forced me into this."

  I sat straight up. "What are you talking about? I didn't force you, you agreed on it on your own." Does he even know who he's talking to? Because of me, he probably has more friends than before.

  "Okay. Let me put it this way in simple terms. You begged me to be your boyfriend because of something that you were doing with these girls and I agreed since you won't leave me alone no matter what I did. See. We're not a real couple."

  I crossed my arms over my chest. "Fine, be that way then." In my head I added, Someday you'll like me.

  I could see Da Som coming over in the corner of my eye. "So how's the lovely couple doing?" She asked in her sweetest tone.

  Jaeseop glared at her and turned his head away. "It's going great," he replied with obvious sarcasm.

  I stuck my tongue out without him knowing and smiled at Da Som. "He's right." (This time there was no sarcasm.) "It's great. We're going to have our first date this week."

  "Aw! Where?"

  "The park and some other places I guess."

  "Well. I know this great place-"

  "Thanks for your help, but we don't need it," Jaeseop interrupted without looking at her.

  She raised both eyebrows and her lip. "Yeah, you do. Now let me explain."

  "Don't need your help," he repeated in a more strict tone.

  I could tell she was taken aback and wanted to slap him right across the face, but I stopped her by laughing nervously and saying, "Class is about to start. You wouldn't want Mrs. Kim to count you tardy now do we?"

  Da Som caught my message and cocked her head. "I'll talk to you later," she said to Jaeseop, narrowing her eyes.

  He shrugged. "If you can find me."

  "Oh it's on!" She gave him one last glare, spinning on her heels.

  "What a ," I heard him say under his breath.

  Oh god. This is not good, not good at all. If you are an enemy of Jessica, you are the enemy for life unless you bribe her somehow. I have to figure out something to stop her or else my situation will get worst than before.

~~~

  After class, Jaeseop sat at his desk.

  I gave him a look. “You’re not going to the restroom this time?”

  He glared at me. “I don’t go to the restroom every break.”

  “Well, it seems like it sometimes.”

  He scoffed and stood up. “On other thoughts, I feel like walking around.”

  I stood. “Wait! I’m coming with you!” I didn’t want to be sitting at the desk without my partner! Why does he always want to be away from me? I’m just trying to be friendly!

  “Ah! Stop following me!” Jaeseop exclaimed and quickened his pace. He muttered under his breath with words I couldn’t hear. His face was burning red as rage took over him.

  I knew he was annoyed, but I didn’t leave his side. I wanted to be near him. I wanted to talk to him. It’s been a while since I’ve last spoken to someone like this. I would usually be afraid to show this side of me in front of other people for the fear of being hated. No one liked the me in the past and the me now is popular.

  “I just want to know you better!” I exclaimed and grabbed his shirt.

  He stopped and sighed. “You’re never going to give up, now are you?”

  I shook my head.

  Jaeseop sighed. “Fine, let’s go back. It’s easier to talk when you’re sitting down.”

  My eyes brightened. “Really?!” He’s actually going to talk to me now? Ah! Two things in one day! I’m on a roll! I wonder how far we will go tomorrow. Hmm…

  He rolled his eyes and headed back to the classroom with me trailing behind. In the corner of my eye, I spotted Da Som glaring at him. Ah… I forgot, Jaeseop had made her an enemy. What am I going to do with them? I don’t want them to hate each other.

  Once we were in the classroom, I attacked him with a ton of questions all at once. It must’ve gotten him crazy because he shouted. “Oh my god! One question at a time! I can’t answer them all at once and make them make sense!”

  I cleared my throat. Yeah, I need to chill. “Well, first question: Have you ever kissed someone?”

  He blushed. “Wh-What?”

  “Have you kissed someone before?” I repeated, coming closer.

  “No! Now, next question and stop getting close to me again!” He shoved me away.

  I grinned like a fox. Heh. So he hasn’t kissed someone before. No wonder he gets all flustered when I attempted to do it. “Uhm… How about have you ever preformed any of your songs?”

  Jaeseop pursed his lips. “Not yet.”

  My eyes glittered. “So if I ever preformed one of your songs at the talent show would you be proud of me?”

  “No.”

  “How about if someone else preformed it?”

  “No.”

  My eye twitched. Why won’t he be proud of me? This boy! “Do you answer with anything other than no?”

  He shook his head. “No.”

  “Okay… Uhm… What’s your favorite song?”

  “Why do you keep asking irrelevant questions?”

  “I’m just trying to get to know you better! Is there something wrong with that?” I shot. The more I know about him whether it is relevant or not, the more I could relate to him. If I could relate to him, then maybe he would be able to open up to me.

  He shrugged. “Nothing. I’m just wondering because you’ve been doing it since the first day we’ve met.”

  “Ah…” I bit my lip, thinking of another question to ask. “What about pets?”

  “None.”

  And so, that was basically how the whole day went. I constantly asked him questions at every break and at lunch. I also noticed Nana was getting annoyed and asked me why I was doing it and if I would stop sometime. I will stop but not until tomorrow. As for Da Som, I didn’t pay attention to her, but she was giving Jaeseop cold glares during lunch. Ah, she must really hate him now. She just hates people who don’t listen or respect her. It’s quite scary…

  At the end of the day, I made a bargain with Jaeseop since he couldn’t stand all this questioning. “Starting tomorrow, you are only allowed to ask me five questions. Once that is all used up, I won’t answer any of them until the next day!” Jaeseop exclaimed as he was taking out his books from his locker.

  “O-okay…” I stared at him as he held the pile of books. “You do know you don’t have to take those book with you.”

  “I know!” He burst and cleared his throat. Saying in a calmer tone, “I-I just want to study them, okay? There’s nothing wrong with that.”

  “I guess…” I saw a book was about to fall, but Jaeseop fixed it before it could meet the ground. “Do you need help?” I asked.

  “No. Thanks for offering, though. And didn’t I tell you, no more questions?”

  “But it’s not even about you! I’m just asking-”

  “I know. I was just making sure you remembered the deal.”

  “Oh…”

  “I’ll see you tomorrow.” With those words, Jaeseop left.

  I smiled to myself. He played a joke on me! How cute!

~~~~~

  I had to extend this chapter for it was so short when I first wrote it. So there's now more information~