Why We're Still Together

It All Started as a Dare

Day 16 Tuesday:

  I couldn’t get that kiss out of my mind! I don’t know what’s going on with me? I would have never expected myself to actually do that! I bet Jaeseop hates me not. I can’t blame him though.

  The moment I entered the classroom, I found Jaeseop already sitting in his seat reading a book. He looked up for a moment, our eyes meeting. We blushed and avoided each others gaze. What’s worse is I’m having to sit next to him.

  I walked passed our desk to visit Nana knowing her current situation. I grinned and exclaimed excitedly, “Good morning, Nana! How are you?”

  Nana doesn’t say anything.

  “Are you still sad about you know what?” I asked being worried for her. That was her first love and it ended tragically. I’m definitely going to get my revenge the next time I see Kiseop. He’s not here once again. Aish. Where is that boy?

  She shook her head. “No. I’m over him. I was just thinking.”

  “What are you thinking?”

  “About you and Jaeseop.”

  I tilted my head in confusion. “What about us?”

  “You two are perfect for each other. Even though your personalities are opposite of each other, you still hang out as if everyday was your first meeting. It’s quite obvious you two will have a beautiful relationship compared to mines with Kiseop.” She dropped her head as a tear was about to slip.

  I patted her back. But it doesn’t seem like the truth now. After yesterday, things might get awkward. I don’t want it to be but I just can’t speak to him after that. “I’m sure you’ll find someone for you,” I reassured.

  “I can wait this time. I’ll probably start dating in college instead!” She stuck her tongue out as she winked.

  I laughed. “Ah… You amuse me Nana. Well, we’re only juniors so I’m sure you’ll find a guy here. It might not be now but maybe in senior year you’ll find someone. You’re very pretty.”

  “Don’t flatter me.” She swatted her hand on my arm. “Anyways, you should go back to your boyfriend. He looks lonely.”

  I stiffened. I didn’t want to go up to him now. That’s why I headed straight to Nana, but I guess he does seem lonely. I usually bug him at this time. I waved to Nana. “Alright! I’ll be going now!” Quickly, I scurried in front Jaeseop and bent down to meet his eyes. “Good morning!” I greeted cheerfully.

  He jumped and blushed. His nose goes back to burying in his book.

  Ah… That awkward moment when I don’t know what to say. I just stared at him while he read. I knew he wasn’t really reading because his eyes weren’t moving across. Instead it remained to one spot.

  Jaeseop lifted his head. “About yesterday-”

  “Don’t worry about it.” I said even though I was worrying about it, too. It’s my fault for moving too fast. I bit my lip. “We shouldn’t think too much about it.” I smiled. “We’re a couple, right? We’ll have complications but we should forgive and forget as long as you don’t cheat on me. If you do, I’ll never forgive you.”

  He blushed again as a slight smile spread across his lips. “I’m glad you don’t about it.”

  “What?”

  “I’m glad you’re not avoiding me as if we have never met before. Girls usually do that and it annoys the crap out of me.” He scratched his head and made a face.

  The Jaeseop I know is returning. “I don’t like you being all embarrassed anyways. I like you when you’re always annoyed.” I playfully slapped at him.

  He glared at me.

  I giggled. “See? You’re just so cute when you’re like that!” My giggle soon turned to a laugh.

  Jaeseop stood and reached for me. “Get over here!” He took my shoulder and pressed his lips against mine.

  When we pulled away, I was blushing like crazy! My mind went blank and I couldn’t say anything. Damn Jaeseop for making me feel this way. But I’m glad he’s getting close to me.

  “I see your relationship has grew.” Da Som interrupted our moment. She was standing near us, arms across her chest and an annoyed expression plastered on her face.

  Jaeseop rolled his eyes and sat back down.

  I sneered. “What do you want, Da Som?”

  She raised her hands defensively. “I don’t want anything! I just came at the wrong time,” she stated.

  “Okay. If you have nothing to say, then leave.”

  Da Som scoffed. “Rude much.”

  “You’re the one who in our business.” Jaeseop stated, giving her death glares.

  She smirked. “No matter how many times you give me an attitude, my feelings for you don’t change.” With a hair flip, she strutted to her desk.

  I watched her go, sending daggers behind her back. Oh how much I wanted to punch her. I don’t know why I was friends with her. She seemed sweet when we first hung out but now she’s being a total .

  I let out a sigh and sat next to Jaeseop. “So, what are we going to do this weekend?”

  “Is five days a week not enough for you?” He exclaimed.

  “I know you’ll miss me but next time, make sure your brothers aren’t spying on us.”

  He chuckled. “I know Eli won’t mess with me anymore. He’s the one who planned it and dragged Soohyun with him. I gave him a lesson on Sunday, so I’m sure he’s not going to mess it up. Should we have another date?”

  I tilted my head, thinking. I would actually like another date and one where we could actually do more than last time. Last time felt rushed all because his brothers were watching us. If only Jaeseop didn’t spot them…

  “This weekend?” I asked him.

  He nodded.

  “I’ll think about it.” I have a feeling I’m busy this weekend but I’m not sure what it was. I think it has something to deal with Appa and his company. I can’t place my finger on it.

  “Oh.” He looked disappointed.

  “Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll have another date sometime soon. I’m not sure if I’m busy on Saturday and Sunday is usually family time.”

  Jaeseop sighed, trying to make me feel guilty.

  It’s not going to work. I kick his leg.

  He glared at me. “What was that for?!”

  I laughed. “There’s the real Jaeseop I know!” I pointed at his face and continued to laugh to where it hurts. “Your face is always funny when you’re mad! It’s so serious and old!”

  He crinkled his nose. “Well you look ten times as old as I do with that make-up on! You shouldn’t wear much make-up.”

  I frowned. “You don’t like my make-up?”

  “I don’t like make-up, period.”

  “Huh.” I thought about it. Maybe one day I shouldn’t wear make-up at all and show how much of a child I look like. Then we’ll see who looks older. I smirked. “Without make-up I look like a middle schooler!”

  “Whatever.”

  “I’ll prove it to you!”

  “You don’t have to…”

  “I will!” I started getting persistent.

  He shook his head. “I don’t care if you look young or not because you’re still old.”

  I glared. “Shut up.”

  “I will if only you will.”

  I closed my mouth and narrowed my eyes at him. I watched as his gaze went to me, then to the front. A slight smile curved on his lips as he looked at the ground. Soon that smile turned to a snicker.

  “What’s so funny?” I asked, admiring this side of Jaeseop. I’d always want to see him smile.

  “It’s just at first I thought you were just some low life .” Jaeseop turned to me, “But now I know you’re just a naïve little girl that always gets what she wants no matter what.”

  This time it was my turn to be shy. I blushed and looked down. I’m glad Jaeseop is the only one that could make my emotions like these. I loved the feeling of getting confused, happy, and shy at the same time. It makes me feel like I’m human. If only I had met him earlier, I would have never get caught up with Da Som. I just want her to back off, but she won’t. I’ll need to do something about it later.

  I wanted to talk to him more, but the bell rang, ending our little play. Well, I’ll be able to talk to him later at least.