Things About Jaeseop

It All Started as a Dare

   Day 1 Monday:

  As you all know, I am dating a nerd. It may have dropped my reputation, but it was for the good of the group. I wouldn't mind if I had to date a girl... Well, maybe I will...

   I never noticed Jaeseop was in the same class as me! I never paid any attention to him until now. I've been staring at him a lot. Most of the time he would be reading a book or taking notes from the board whenever I looked over. All I do is slouch in my chair and smack on my gum. I knew all of this. I don't need stupid notes. My brain is all I need.

   I kept staring at him until the end of the class period. When the bell rang, he immediately got up and headed out. I quickly scrambled out of my seat and caught up to him.

  "Where would you like our first date?" I asked, keeping up with his pace. Geez, this boy walks really fast!

  Jaeseop continued walking and gave me a look. "I'm not going on a date with you. I don't mind you saying we're going out, but going out ON a date, that's a whole different story," he spat rudely and sneered.

  "Why not?" I was being persistent.

  I saw him clutch his books tightly. He gave off a huge sigh. "Why? Wouldn't you telling a lie about us be better than a stupid date? I’m a nerd right? So you wouldn’t want everyone to see us together, right?"

  I pursed my lips and pouted. What’s wrong with this boy? He’s so antisocial! And I don’t mind if people see us together! It’s not like we’re official, official. "You don't go out much. Do you?" I got in front of him, causing him to stop right in front of my face.

  There was a long silence as our eyes met. Then he turned his head to the side and up at the ceiling, eyes closed. From side view, he looked even cuter. I shook it off. No nerd can be that cute. Can they?

  "Fine." He said later on. "This weekend," he mumbled, "At the park. I haven't been there for a while. Maybe we could buy some ice cream… My parents never let me have any because they felt like there isn’t a need for ice cream in the world.”

  I laugh. What a strange thing to say! "You’ve never been to a park and you've never had ice cream? You're lucky, I happen to know the person who works at the ice cream stand. Maybe we’ll be able to get free ice cream!"

  He eyes averted to mine, showing a bit of excitement. "Really?" Jaeseop slightly smiled, which melted my heart away. Even with braces, he looked adorable with his cat-like expressions.

  "Yeah." I smiled back at him.

  When he saw my smile, his disappeared and he rolled his eyes. "Now get out of my way," he commanded, rudely.

  I moved out of the way and watched him go. Whoa. What a major mood change. I guess he doesn't trust me just yet.

~~~

  The next day I met/followed Jaeseop at his locker. He was taking out his books, when I came up to him and gave him a huge hug. For a moment he didn't move, but then he swung his arms in every direction to get out of my grasp. "I'm not a hugger!" He shouted, "Now let me go!"

  I let him go and laughed. "Not a hugger, huh? What about a kisser!" I teased, pursing my lips toward him.

  He held out a hand and pressed it onto my lips, shoving my head away from him. "I'm not a kisser either." Jaeseop spun on his heels and took a step, only hitting his head onto someone else's locker, causing it to close. He dropped all his stuff along the way.

  "Hey. Thanks," the kid said, carrying a ton of books and walking off. He was unable to see the huge mess created by Jaeseop for the book concealed most of his vision.

  Jaeseop rubbed his forehead. "Ow..."

  "Are you alright?" I asked, trying to touch his forehead, but he swatted my hand away.

  "I'm fine! I don't need you to help me." He began picking up all the things he dropped.

  I helped him, ignoring his comment. He had a ton of papers of music sheets. I examined them. I was able to read all the notes for my parents forced me to take violin and singing lessons. I didn’t mind because I loved both of them, but I haven’t been doing either since I’ve been hanging out with Da Som. I held one of the music sheets up. "Do you mind if I keep one? I want to try playing it and maybe I can show it to you."

  Jaeseop continued picking up his stuff and shrugged. "I don't care."

  I considered that as a yes, so I chose a random one and found the rest of the piece. I wonder how this will sound when I start playing it. It doesn’t seem too hard. I caress the paper. I wonder what other things I didn’t know about Jaeseop.

  When we had everything picked up, I said, "Let's walk to class together."

  "No." He held his books and binders close to him and head to our classroom.

  "Why not? We're in the same class. It won't hurt if you do." I persisted.

  “I still need to go to the restroom!”

  “But I can walk with you afterwards!”

  He sighed in defeat. I guess he’s getting to know my personality. "Fine. So far, you are the only one that I've met that is so persistent. It gets really annoying."

  "But we're together. It's typical for couples to be walking together."

  Jaeseop gave me a look. "Not for me." Then he sped up.

  "Whoa! Wait!" I shouted and tried catching up to him once again, but someone tugged my arm. "Oh! Hoon!" My eyes became wide. I still had a crush on him. Even though he rejected me in sixth grade, I couldn't help but still like him. Every time I see him, my heart still beats. I wanted to forget him, but I couldn't.

  His brown eyes stare at my burnt umber eyes. Man, his hair is just perfect: brunette and layered, not to mention, naturally straight. Lucky bastard. I have to straighten my hair once in a while and it gets tiring.

  "Why are you hanging out with him?" Hoon asked, indicating Jaeseop. I think I could hear a hint of jealousy.

  An idea sparked in my mind. I gave off a playful smile. "I'm dating him. What's wrong with that?"

  He raised both eyebrows. "What's wrong with that? He's a nerd. Who would want to date someone like him?"

  My heart dropped. I was like Jaeseop before. Apparently, Hoon hasn’t changed his attitude. "I did." I said, "Do you have a problem with that?" With those words, I turned around and headed to Jaeseop. I didn't notice he was watching us and I could see a faint smile came across his face, but when I was into full view, it completely disappeared. Why won't he show me his smile?!

  Once I was next to Jaeseop, I looked back. Hoon was no longer standing there. I didn't know where he went. The swarm of students hid him.

   Off to class.

~~~

   At the classroom, I didn't pay attention to anything at all, not even Jaeseop. My mind was in cloud nine. I think I even slept because the next thing I heard is the bell ringing. I quickly gathered my stuff (I bet Jaeseop was already standing up) and walked towards the door where I found him just a couple of steps in front of me. "Hey Jaeseop!" I exclaimed once I was next to him.

  "What do you want now? We’re at break, so let me use the restroom this time," he retorted.

  "Well, since we're going out, how about we get to know each other."

  "I already know you well."

  "Oh really? Then say it." I said too pompously.

  "You are the type of people that play tricks on the low class and try to embarrass them in front of everyone so that you will feel good about yourself."

  I shook my head. "That is not totally true!" I shouted smacking the back of his head.

  "Then what?" He crossed his arms over his chest, ignoring the hit I gave him.

  "I... I..." What should I tell him? If he knew I was like him before, what would he say?

  Jaeseop rolled his eyes and walked off.

  "Hey wait! What about you? You probably like reading and writing in books! You probably study for a living! You want to be a doctor or some technical job like all those nerds! You also probably play videogames and watch anime!”

  He sneered and pointed a finger at me. “I’ll have you know, It’s not nice stereotyping people.”

  “Well, you were stereotyping me!” I spat. “What do you do then?”

  "I Write lyrics, compose, and rap..." He stated plainly.

  "Seriously?" My eyes widened. This guy is talented! He’s almost like my Dad!

  "Yeah. I'm serious."

  "Okay... Now what else? If you tell me more, I won’t judge you so easily."

  Jaeseop swatted his hand around. "This is pointless. I'm leaving. I need to go to the restroom.”

  "Fine! Go ahead! I don't care!" I shouted out to him.

  He waved his hand. "I bet you do!" He shouted back.

  I crossed my hands over my chest. I'll get him to trust me. I know I can.

~~~~~

  Kekeke~ I enjoy writing this~ Haha So this story will be about 30 something chapters unless I decided to extend it a bit... Geh! I made Hoon such a horrible person! T^T My ultimate bias is an enemy here! Oh well, I hope you guys enjoy and continue reading. Comment if you like, I don't mind if you're silent or not~