Do I Finally See Your House?

It All Started as a Dare

Day 11 Thursday:

  I yawned the biggest yawn you could ever see or hear. I was really tired from thinking too much last night. I guess you could say, it takes me forever just to fall asleep. Every time, I would shut out everything, but then something comes up, making me feel awake. It's the worse thing that I have. I wished I was one of those people who could sleep so easily and whenever they wanted to.

  The thing that I was thinking about was Hoon, Da Som, Jaeseop, and Hoon all over again. I can't get out the fact that he kissed me and Da Som kissed Jaeseop. I would never forget to mention it at all, not until high school is over, I think.

  Well, it’s day eleven of my relationship and the afternoon, lunch time. Eleven days of dating and eleven days of torture from Da Som and Nana's uncontrollable talk about Kiseop.

  I finally saw Jaeseop came out of the lunch line and escaped from Nana. She was following Jaeseop where ever he went. For a moment he paused. His head whipped towards me and he glared. "What do you want?" he asked.

  I began fiddling with my fingers and head bowed as if trying to look innocent. "I just want to sit next to my boyfriend.”

  He shook his head and continued walking. We ended up at a table where it was empty enough for the both of us to sit next to each other. I wasn't that hungry so I didn't bring anything. Although Jaeseop had bought a lot: school's hamburger (yuck), an apple, apple juice, a brownie, and some mash potatoes. I never knew a guy could eat so much and not get fat.

  He noticed me staring at his food. "If you're hungry, you should've gone on the lunch line and not glomp all over mine."

  "No. I'm not hungry, I was just wondering..." My voice began to trail off, trying to see if Jaeseop was curious enough to hear what I have to say.

  Nothing came out of his mouth and he started eating, squishing his hamburger flat.

  I smacked him on the back of his head and he scowled, "What the hell was that for? I'm eating!"

  "Do you not want to hear what I'm going to say?" Okay, I sounded a bit spoiled, but I really did want to get it out of my head.

  He sighed in annoyance and stared at me. "Go on." He mumbled the next few words, "It's not like I can eat with you next to me."

  I shot him a look, but shook it off. "Since we're together, how about you show me where you live."

  His eyes widened for a second and his eyes shifted to the side. "No. It's okay if you don't see where I live. I don't want a stalker right now."

  "I'm not going to stalk you!" Maybe. "I just want to see where you live. After all, our date will be this weekend and you'll have to pick me up, which means-"

  "Yeah. Yeah. I get it." He interrupted, "I'll have to pick you up right? I'll do just that, but I won't tell you where I live."

  I started whining. "Why not? What's wrong with your house? It couldn't be as bad as a box."

  He rolled his eyes as if getting more and more annoyed by me. "I'll show you later. Just not this week. I'll see when... My brothers... are away. If they see you, they'll keep bothering you and me and probably annoy me to death after you're gone. Okay?"

  I managed a smile. "I'm okay with that as long as I see your place someday.” I spread my arms out for hug. This time, I wanted to see if he would hug me without being forced to.

  He stared at me, raising an arm as if wanting to give me a hug, but picked up his spoon and started stabbing his mash potatoes. “I told you, I’m not a hugger…” With that he ate.

  Not a hugger? It seemed like he wanted to. I could’ve said that to him, but decided not to. I guess he’s still not used to me just yet. Tomorrow, I’ll invite him at my house and show him all the things I love to do and maybe I’ll get another hug from him and maybe I’ll get a little gift from him too: a kiss that I’ve been longing for a long time. Well, more like for the pass few days, but that’s pretty long for me if you count it in minutes.

  Just you wait. I’ll see where he lives and make him like me, not Da Som. And soon, I’ll forget about Hoon, the one who I had admired for the pass years…

~~~

   After school, I met Jaeseop at his locker. I smiled and came up to him. “Hello!” I greeted while watching him carry his books once again.

  Jaeseop stared at me and rolled his eyes. “You are not going to see my house, okay?”

  “I know.”

  “Then why are you here?” He started stuffing his books in his backpack. He flung it over his shoulder and waited for my answer.

  “Can’t I say goodbye?” I pouted.

  His eye twitched from annoyance.

  I giggle. Why is he so cute? I mean even though he’s always angry, I find him super cute like a kitty! I need to have a nickname for him but I don’t know what? He didn’t like Kitty, so I need to make something that’ll suit him and won’t make him angry.

  “I’m going now…” He turned to leave, but I grab his arm.

  “Wait!”

  Jaeseop didn’t look at me. Instead, he was looking behind me. His eyes turned cold as he rolled them to the side.

  At first I thought it was Da Som, but when I turned around, I found Hoon coming up to us. My heart skipped a beat. What can I do now? I’m trying to forget about him and here he comes, coming right at us!

  Hoon stopped in front of me and gazed at Jaeseop. He suddenly bowed, causing Jaeseop to raise his eyebrows. When he stood straight, Hoon looked deep into Jaeseop’s eyes and said, “I’m not going to give up.”

  I continued to stare at Hoon. What is he doing?

  Jaeseop smirked. “Do what you like. I don’t care.”

  Hoon gave him a look. “You don’t care about your girl being taken? Huh. You’re a strange boy.”

  Jaeseop remained silent.

  Hoon scoffed. “What kind of man doesn’t take care of his woman?” He turned to me. “Are you sure you want this guy as your boyfriend? It doesn’t seem like he cares about you.”

  I glared. He doesn’t know anything about Jaeseop. In fact, I’m sure he does care but he doesn’t want to show it. I don’t know why, but I do know he cares. “Just shut up, Hoon. I don’t like you anymore and that’s final. I’m over you. I don’t care if you beg on your knees and ask me to be your girlfriend because I refuse! Get out of my sight!”

  Hoon was taken aback. His mouth opened as he tried saying something but nothing came out. Instead, he walked passed us, purposefully bumping into Jaeseop.

  I watched him go with a sneer. “Don’t worry about him, Jaeseop.” I said. I turned to him and found him staring at me with wide eyes. I blushed and looked away. “What is it?” Why is he looking at me like that?

  “You don’t like him anymore?”

  I bit my lip. “N-no… Wh-why?” This time I meet his eyes.

  His eye fell to the ground as he shrugged. “I don’t know.”

  I grinned and decided to . “Why? Could you possibly have a crush on him?”

  “What?! I’m not gay!”

  I laughed hysterically. Ah… He’s so fun to tease. “I’m just kidding Jaeseop.” I patted him on the back. “I know you’re not gay unless…”

  “I’m not!” He was blushing.

  “Okay, I’m done teasing. So do you think you can go to my house tomorrow?”

  “Why would I?”

  “So you can meet my parents! You are my boyfriend, right? It’s just the way it is for my family. If I ever get a boyfriend, I have to bring him over and get my parents permission.”

  He rolled his eyes and muttered, “Seems like you’re really close.”

  I nodded. “We sure are!”

  Jaeseop pursed his lips as he thought about it. “I-I guess I’ll go…”

  I jumped and clapped my hands. “Really?! Yay! That’s great! I’ll see you at the front after school tomorrow, okay?”

  He nodded. “But I’m going to leave right when the interview is over.”

  I giggled. He called it an interview. Most likely after that “interview”, my parents will ask him to eat with us, but I won’t tell him that. Anyways, he can’t refuse the offer. “Okay, do whatever you like.” Just wait Jaeseop. You're going to be in for a big surprise!