I Love You

It All Started as a Dare

Day 30 Tuesday (Final Day):

  It’s the final day of the month and you could say that Jaeseop and I are together. It was still slightly awkward because we still don’t know what to do about our current situation. We were thinking about convincing Jaeseop’s Appa not to buy my family’s business, but we didn’t know how to tell him. We didn’t know what to say to convince him. I mean, we’re sister companies now, so why does he want to buy it for his own?

  During school, it was basically a regular day, but Da Som didn’t confront us. She was keeping her distance for some reason. It worried me because it seemed like she was planning something. I had to do something before she does it. So during lunch, I confronted her.

  I stood behind her, hands on my hips as she was sitting and eating with her friends. They noticed me and nudged her. Slowly, her head turned towards me with a smug look on her face. “What do you want? I’m leaving you alone now. Is there something wrong?”

  I narrowed my eyes. “You better not be planning something.”

  “I’m not.” She kept a straight face. Da Som is good at acting, so I wasn’t sure if she was lying or not.

  I continued to examine her. “You’re not lying?”

  She smirked. “What do you think?”

  I think she is but what could the plan be?

  Da Som rolled her eyes and heaved a deep sigh. “It’s fine if you don’t believe me. I mean, I wouldn’t either.” She laughed to herself. “But I’m not planning anything. It’s the end of the month and I’m tired. I can’t break you anyways.”

  I glared. So she has been trying to break me this whole time?

  She smirked. “You’re pretty strong, but you were still embarrassed in the end. Now, can you shoo?” Da Som flapped her hand, indicating me to leave.

  I wanted to leave, but I didn’t want to. “The reason why I came here is to request for you to leave me and Jaeseop alone. Forever.”

  “Forever?” She giggled. “I can’t promise you that, Honey. I mean, why would I leave you two alone. After all, I want him, too.”

  I thought she only wanted him so she could win? Does she really like Jaeseop? “What?”

  “Yeah. I said it. I know his secret.”

  My eyes widened.

  “I even know your family. After all, my Umma is one of their past friends. You should ask them about Chae Rin. That’s my Umma’s name.”

  My jaw dropped. Chae Rin. I remembered Umma and Appa talking about her years ago. They told me that Appa was about to marry her but then Umma came along in his life and they got married instead. Wow… Fate certainly brings people together in strange ways.

  “Yeah, so I’ll do anything to get him.”

  “Well, it’s too late now because he loves me and we’re going to tell his Appa that we are willing to get married after our studies!”

  Da Som raised an eyebrow. “You better hurry before things change. Who knows what will happen. After all, you two did turn down the offer last week.”

  How come I didn’t see her at the party and yet she knew about this? “How-”

  “I know everything. You may not see me, but I’m everywhere,” she muttered.

  I’m definitely going to punch her one day. I can’t believe what I’m hearing! Of course her family would be rich, but did it have to be my Umma and Appa’s enemy? I mean, out of all people, it was Chae Rin’s daughter. Oh, fate can be such a horrible thing!

  With one last glare, I spun on my heel and head towards my table with all my friends. I sat on my chair and pouted. “Damn it.”

  Jaeseop stared at me. “What happened? Is Da Som messing with you again?”

  “No.” Should I tell him? It wouldn’t hurt since he’ll know about it sooner or later. “I have something to tell you about Da Som.” I paused to take a deep breath. “Her family is also rich and in a company.”

  “I know.”

  My eyes widened. “What? You knew?”

  “Yeah. That’s why I’ve been cold to her from the beginning. She didn’t recognize me at first because when we first met last year, I had orange-ish hair and no braces or glasses. I looked like a complete different person but ever since I changed my hair and stuff, she remembered me. She was from the beginning so I never liked her. I even told my parents so they did a background check. Sure she was rich, but they didn’t like her attitude either. That’s why they send me to find you. That and because they wanted to take your company.”

  “I’m confused.” Nana piped in.

  “I am, too. What’s going on?” Hoon added.

  Oops, I forgot they were there and I’m sure Jaeseop did too.

  Jaeseop cleared his throat. “I guess there’s no way in kidding this now that you guys heard us. It’s kind of complicated but I’ll explain everything to you.” He took a deep breath and told them everything I knew. When he finished, Nana and Hoon’s eyes switched from him to me and back to him.

  “So you were pretending this whole time?” Nana asked.

  He nodded.

  Hoon’s jaw dropped and he bowed his head. “I’m sorry for punching you weeks ago…”

  Jaeseop sneered and through gritted teeth, he said, “It’s… Okay.”

  “It doesn’t sound like it…”

  I laughed randomly, easing the tension. I don’t want them to fight over something so stupid if they’ll ever fight about that… Hoon does have a strange temper, so I can’t guarantee him not swinging another punch at Jaeseop.

  “Well, now that we have that cleared up, you guys can’t tell anyone!” I warned. “Not now, not ever or at least, not until Jaeseop wants to reveal it.”

  “But Da Som knows…” Nana sighed.

  “She hasn’t told anyone yet, but she might.”

  Jaeseop shrugged. “I don’t really care. She could tell everyone, it’s not like that’ll ruin our relationship.” He grinned at me, causing me to blush.

  I turned away.

  Hoon chuckled. “Ah, you’re so cute!”

  Jaeseop glared at him.

  He whistled as if he didn’t say anything.

  I laughed. Ah, jealous Jaeseop sure is cute! But I’m still worried about what his Appa will tell us if we ask him about not taking my parent’s company.

~~~

  After school, I called Umma and told her I’ll be with Jaeseop for a while. She said it was fine and was happy that we had made up. She knew this would happen because she could see I was madly in love with him. I was embarrassed by her words, but I didn’t dare to show that in front of Jaeseop. I just cleared my throat, told her I love her, said my goodbyes and hung up.

  We arrived at Jaeseop’s house and found his Appa’s car parked in front. I guess Jaeseop had told him to come. I’d rather have that than go to the mansion. It’s a pretty long ride anyways.

  We found Jaeseop’s Appa sitting on the couch while Eli and Soohyun were speaking to him. The two boys spotted us first since they were facing us unlike Jaeseop’s Appa. He turned his head and Jaeseop and I bowed.

  He got up and looked at us. “Why did you call me out here for?”

  “Halapoji.” Jaeseop started. “I just wanted to ask-” He choked as he looked straight into his Appa’s eyes. He truly is intimidating but I won’t let that ruin anything.

  I decided to finish for Jaeseop, “I don’t want you to buy my family’s company.”

  Eli and Soohyun’s eyes widened as they heard my words. It must be the first time someone had confronted him like this. It’s understandable since he was an owner of a big company. It would be risky to go against him.

  Jaeseop’s Appa raised an eyebrow. “Is that so?”

  I nodded. “You’re sister companies now so why would you want to take our company. It’s not going to make a big difference. You’re already sharing the products and money, so why would you buy it. It would be a hassle if you buy another.”

  He smirked. “It’s business. The more you have, the more people will respect you.”

  I stomped my foot. “But that’s my family you’re dealing with! I’m not going to let you take the company just because you have a lot more money than my family! We’re keeping the company whether you like it or not!”

  Jaeseop grabbed my arm, telling me to stop, but I don’t. “I won’t give up. If you do buy it, I’ll try buying it back no matter how long it will take me! It’s my family company anyways!”

  Mr. Kim stayed silent as he gazed upon me.

  I didn’t leave his eyes, not wanting to show any weakness. The moment I show weakness, that’s when I know I lost.

  He chucked. “You’re a very stubborn girl.”

  I crinkled my nose. Everyone tells me that so it’s nothing new.

  “I need someone like that.”

  “What?” My jaw dropped. What did he mean by that? Could it be he was planning that this whole time? “Wait a minute, you were planning this from the beginning?! You wanted to make me think you were buying the company? Why?!”

  His chuckle turned to a laugh. Everyone in the room was so confused. “That’s right. I was wondering who will inherit my money. After all, Jaeseop does need a wife soon.”

  I blushed.

  “I needed a girl who could handle him and the company. I can tell you’ll stand up for what you believe in and if the company is in trouble, you’ll do whatever it takes to defend it.”

  Jaeseop opened his mouth, but I cut him off. I knew he was going to protest and explain how I don’t want to be part of the business, but I made up my mind. I smiled. “Wow… You’re just as smart as Jaeseop!”

  He chuckled and came up to me. His eye gazed at me for so long, it felt awkward. “Out of all the girls I have seen, you’re the only one who has put up with Jaeseop’s stubbornness.”

  I blushed even more.

  “I’ll accept you in the family only if you truly love him and will take care of the company as much as yours.”

  I nodded. “I love him and I love the company.” Or at least, I’ll grow to love the company. For right now, I still hate it. It seemed like a waste of my time, staying in the office and going to meetings.

  Mr. Kim turned to Jaeseop. “And you, young man, I don’t want you hurting her or the company, understand?”

  Jaeseop nodded his head frantically.

  “If you break it, I’ll cut off all your allowance.”

  He continued to nod,

  I laughed. Ah, Jaeseop is just too cute.

  Mr. Kim patted my head. “And don’t worry; I won’t take your parent’s company. They’re good people.”

  I nodded. “Thank you Mr. Kim.”

  He grinned. “Well! I have to go. I have a meeting to attend to. I’ll see you boys later.” And with that, he left.

  I turned to Jaeseop and grinned. “Did you hear that?! He’s not going to take my family’s company! He never had the intension to do so in the first place!” I exclaimed.

  Eli clapped. “That’s good!”

  Soohyun just smiled.

  And as for Jaeseop, he took me in a hug. “I’m glad.”

  I hugged him back and buried my head into his neck. “I am, too.” I paused as I realized how much we have been together. “And Jaeseop. I love you.”

  He stiffened, but relaxed as he whispered. “I love you, too, Myungie.”

~~~

  Next is the last chapter! D: Yes, it's quite short... And I feel as if it was rushed, but at the same time, it wasn't... I'm not sure, but I'm happy with all teh readers and subscribers I have! Thank you for reading till the end! I'm sorry if it wasn't as good as what you would expect but I did my best. And I didn't want to ramble on. I wanted it to stay in one topic and not into random small stories like I usually do. Now for the epilogue!