A Party?

It All Started as a Dare

Day 18 Thursday:

  The next morning, I woke up with the sound of my alarm. I tossed and turned in my bed as I was too tired to wake up. I groaned and turned off my alarm. There’s no way I’m going to get up now.

  “Myung Hee!” Umma exclaimed as she barged in my room.

  Ah, great… I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. “Can I have five more minutes, Umma?” I begged her.

  “Nope.” She pulled down my covers and grabbed my arms. “It’s time to wake up because I have something to tell you and it’s going to be long.” She tugged on my arms until I got up completely. With that, she left the room.

  I stood in that same spot like a statue, my eyes half opened. I glanced at the clock and saw it was 6:33. I always set it at 6:30, knowing I wouldn’t wake up ten minutes later. It’s not too late to fall back on the bed, but Umma would definitely call me back.

  I sluggishly get ready for school. By the time I was done, I was fully awake. I climbed down the stairs and found Umma sitting at the breakfast table. I sat in front of her, finding a plate and ate what we had.

  “Okay.” She clapped her hands and announced excitedly, “Your Appa as done a collaboration with another company and to celebrate it, we’ll be going to their house and have a party. It’s going to be elegant and I want your boyfriend to come. You need a date.”

  I blushed at the thought. “So you want Jaeseop to come.”

  She nodded.

  “When is it?”

  “This Saturday.”

  Perfect! Jaeseop wanted to be with me this Saturday, so now I can tell him we’ll be celebrating! I liked the idea. I’ll be able to see him in a suit! I wonder what that’ll be like…

  I nodded my head with a huge smile on my face. “I’ll definitely ask him.” I took a bite of my food.

  Umma nodded. “I still haven’t told your Appa about your boyfriend, but I’m sure he won’t mind…” Her eyes trailed as if she’s not sure.

  Appa is very strict about guys because of his past experience. He didn’t want to repeat what he has done years ago knowing it’ll cause trouble. He didn’t want that. That’s why I have never gotten a real boyfriend in my life. He’s really skeptical when it comes to boys.

  “Don’t worry, Umma! I’m sure Appa will like him if you do.”

  Umma and Appa are close and sometimes they think alike while other times they completely disagree. They argue a lot, but still smile in the end.

  Umma nodded her head. “I’m sure he’s much better than your Appa.” She giggled, remembering a distant memory.

  I took my last bite of food and got up. “Bye, Umma! I’ll be going now.” I headed over to her and kissed her cheek.

  “Bye, Myung Hee and remember to ask Jaeseop about the party.”

  I nodded and headed out the door.

~~~

  In school, I saw Kiseop glaring at me while I passed by. I just smiled and continued walking. He can’t do anything to me. After all, it’s not like I did anything that bad. I just showed him a lesson.

  The next person I passed by was Hoon. He gave me a heart warming smile and nodded his head. I could see he was blushing a little bit – probably because I kissed him on the cheek. I really don’t know what he thinks of me. I’m not sure if he still likes me or we’re just close friends? Who knows?

  I waved to him and kept walking.

  I spotted Jaeseop in the distance, but Nana blocked my way.

  “Did you seriously do that to Kiseop?” She asked, eyebrows raised.

  I nodded hesitantly. I hope she’s not too mad about it. I mean, he deserves it!

  She looked at me disappointedly, but it soon turned to a smile. Nana heaved a sigh. “I guess he deserves it.” She laughed. “You should’ve seen him! He was wearing that shirt all over the campus just to find the front desk! It was ridiculously small on him, but he looked y.”

  I laughed with her. Ah. “He would make a pretty girl though.” I commented.

  “Yeah!”

  We high-fived.

  Nana glanced behind her and said, “You should go to your boyfriend now.” She leaned near my ear and whispered, “It looks like he’s getting jealous.”

  As she walked by, I saw Jaeseop staring at me. I waved at him.

  He blinked and waved back.

  Time to tell him the good news.

  I skipped towards him and jumped right in front of his face.

  He took a step back, surprised of my actions.

  “Good morning!” I greeted.

  Jaeseop shook his head, realizing it was the usual greeting. He let out an annoyed sigh. “Ah… You’re just saying good morning? I should have expected that.”

  “That’s not the only thing! Are you still available on Saturday because-”

  “I’m sorry, I’m busy,” he stated. His expression was emotionless, telling me he was saying the truth. I know he wouldn’t lie to me anyways, so I shouldn’t be too upset, right? It’s not like he’s going to meet up with someone else and ditch me, right?

  But I guess I did look disappointed.

  “I’m sorry, Myungie but something came up with my family. It’s a family matter. Don’t worry. I’ll make it up to you next week.” He smiled.

  I was kind of disappointed but there’s nothing I could do about it. At least he’ll make it up. Some guys say they can’t go and they don’t make it up in the end. I wonder what I’ll say to Umma when I come back home. I hope she’s not too disappointed. I could see she really likes Jaeseop.

  I pouted. “I guess.”

  Jaeseop stared at me. “Like I said, don’t worry. It’s not like we’re going to break up, okay?”

  I shrugged. “I guess.”

  “Okay, let’s head to class. I think the bell is about to ring.”

 ~~~

 Yes, super short chapter from what I usually write, but I promise it's going to get longer later on~