Revenging a Friend

It All Started as a Dare

Day 17 Wednesday:

  I met Jaeseop at his locker this morning, finding him taking out his books and putting it back in his locker. We didn’t need them today so that’s okay. This was the usual scene I have always seen nearly everyday. I wanted to change it up, but I didn’t know how. I came up to him and pecked him on the cheek. “Good morning!”

  He paused and touched his cheek. I could tell he was blushing. “G-Good morning.”

  Aish. I’d rather see him mad! Not shy! I kicked him.

  “Hey!” He growled and glared at me.

  “There you go.”

  He rolled his eyes. “Why do you always want to see me mad or annoyed?” He asked while continuing what he was doing.

  I smiled. “It’s more amusing. I’m not comfortable with your shy side also. It’s so weird seeing you like that!”

  Jaeseop shook his head. “You’re very strange.” He closed his locker and held out a hand to me. “I’m sure you’ll like my gentleman side way better than my annoyed side. Come on. Let’s go to class and talk there.”

  I took his hand and let him lead me down the hall. By halfway near our classroom, I spotted Kiseop in the distance laughing with this girl and an arm around her shoulder. Anger filled me with that sight. So that’s the girl he cheated with. I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.

  I tore away from Jaeseop’s hand and stomped my way towards Kiseop. “Hey you! Lee Kiseop!” I exclaimed, pointing a finger at me.

  He gazed at me with a surprised expression. As I neared, he asked, “Who are you? What do you want?” This time he was annoyed since no one calls him out like that especially a girl. If it was a girl, then they would usually be swooning over him, but not me.

  “I’m Nana’s friend.”

  “Oh!” He scoffed and heaved a deep sigh. “Is she too afraid to talk to me so she brought you here? She’s so weak.”

  I glared at him, wanting to punch his pretty face. “She’s not weak! Why in the hell would you date her if you’ll just cheat on her in the end.”

  “It’s obvious, is it not?” He gave me a look. “I asked her out because people told me she liked me. I gave her a chance but it didn’t work out for me. She was too boring for my taste.”

  Boring? How dare he call my friend boring? I’ll let that slide. “Well, you could have at least broken up with her properly and not cheat on her with that .” I looked at the girl who Kiseop has chosen. She didn’t look like a total but she was giving me death glares and held Kiseop close to her. Why in the world would anyone fall in love with a guy like him? Sure he has a pretty face, but his morals are terrible!

  “I never really loved her anyways. I kept giving her hints, but she was so blindly in love with me! It was annoying how she gave me all these things when I don’t need them and she wouldn’t even kiss me!”

  That was the last straw. I clenched my fist and was ready to take a swing at his pretty face but a hand grabbed my wrist. “What the hell, Jaeseop?!” I exclaimed already knowing it was him without looking.

  “You’ll get suspension if you fight,” Jaeseop warned.

  I bit my lip and jerked my arm away from him. I glared at Kiseop and advanced towards him. I was near his face as I pressed a finger at his chest. “Don’t you dare say those things about Nana. She’s way better than any girl you have picked up in your life. At least she showed you what love is really supposed to be like.” I glanced at his new girlfriend. “All those other girls you have picked up are rotten apples. You’ll never find a fresh apple if you keep picking off the ground. One day, you’re going to get it.” With those threatening words I spun on my heel, grabbed Jaeseop’s arm, and walked to class.

  We sat at our desk.

  I laid my head down and closed my eyes. I really wanted to punch him, but Jaeseop stopped me. I need to think of another way to get my revenge. I have to avenge my best friend.

  “You really need to hold your anger in better,” Jaeseop stated.

  I grumbled, “He hurt Nana.”

  “I understand that, but I’m sure Nana doesn’t want you to do that.”

  “I don’t care. I’m going to get my revenge.” I lift my head and gave an evil grin. “I think I know what I’m going to do.”

  He stared at me, blinking his eyes a couple of times. “I have a bad feeling about this…”

  I flapped my hands. “Don’t worry, it won’t be that bad.”

~~~

  So, my plan was to take Kiseop’s shirt and switch it out with a girl’s uniform. I knew when he had P.E because he was in the same class as us. Like I said, I had everything planned, but I realized he’s a guy and that meant I would have to go in the boys’ locker room. If only I had thought about it before, I could have asked Jaeseop to help me but he was already in the gym with everyone else.

  I already signed in and asked to go to the restroom so I don’t have to worry about being counted absent, but hopefully no one was in the locker room.

  Oh, another thing, I don’t know his locker number. Ah! None of this is going to work! Forget about this! I’m going to find another plan to do!

  I turned around only to bump into someone. My heart was beating fast as I believed I got caught by a teacher. But when I met the gaze of the person I bumped into, I relaxed. “Oh, Hoon!” Yes, I certainly got over him. It’s not as awkward, but I’m sure it is for him.

  “What are you doing in front of the boys’ locker room?” He asked, staring at the shirt in my hands.

  I hid it behind my back and took a step back. “Oh, it’s nothing…” My eyes trailed to the side.

  He smirked. “You’re trying to get revenge on Kiseop?”

  My eyes widened. “How do you know?”

  “Everyone is talking about what happened this morning.” He reached behind my back and took the shirt. “I know where his locker is and I know his combination. I had to help him open it one day.” He gave off a devilish grin. “I’ll help you in one condition.”

  I raised my eyebrows. What could that condition be?

  “I’ll help you as long as you tell Da Som to leave me alone.” He scratched his head. “She gets annoying after awhile.”

  I laughed. “Yeah, she does. I’ll tell her, but I can’t guarantee she’ll stop talking to you.”

  “I don’t care.” He started towards the locker room. “If it doesn’t work, then you’ll owe me another kiss.” With those words, he entered the locker room.

  I glared. That boy. He’s still the same. He’s still that cheeky little bastard, but I guess he isn’t that bad. I hope Da Som will stop talking to him because I don’t want another kiss from him! I’m completely loyal to Jaeseop now!

  I waited for him to return as I thought of an alternative.

  When he saw me still standing there, his eyes widened. “Why are you still here?”

  I grinned and kissed his cheek. “There’s your kiss!” I exclaimed and ran for it. Ha! He didn’t specifically say what kind of kiss. A peck on the cheek is still considered a kiss because my lips touched his. Take that, Yeo Hoon Min!

~~~

  When P.E was finished and I was going back to our homeroom, I heard someone scream in the boys’ locker room. “What the hell is this?!”

  I smirked.

  Jaeseop was beside me and gave a worried glance. “What did you do?”

  “It’s nothing bad. I just switched his clothes to a girl’s uniform shirt.” I snickered.

  He shook his head. “I don’t understand how you did it, but wow. That’s all I can say.”

  “Don’t worry. His shirt is somewhere in the locker room. He would just have to look for it.” As I recalled, Hoon didn’t return with his shirt. I wonder where he put it.

  “Why is it in the toilet?!” Kiseop’s voice echoed in the hallways.

  I gulped, knowing he meant his shirt. I turned to Jaeseop. “Okay! I had Hoon help, but I didn’t know he was going to do that! I swear!”

  Jaeseop shook his head in disappointment.

  “Jaeseop! I didn’t know it would go that far!”

  He turned to me with that same disappointment, but it soon disappeared and changed to a smile. “I find it funny though. He does deserve it. I mean, at least you didn’t fight with him bare handedly. I would be even more disappointed.” He patted my head.

  I smiled. At least he’s understanding.

  “But that’s still unacceptable.”

  My eyes widened, wondering what he would do.

  He kissed my lips gently and walked away.

  I stood there, frozen on the spot. What the heck? Why did he suddenly kiss me? What did I do to deserve that?

  As if he read my mind, he called, “That will be your last kiss of the week! No more kisses after today!”

  My jaw dropped. No more kisses? What?

  “And no hugs either.”

  It felt as if my world crumbed. No more hugs and kisses! That’s just torture! “Jae-”

  He turned around. “That’s your fault.”

  I pouted. This boy is definitely unfair! It was only a prank and I only thought of it! I didn’t do it! Hoon did! But then again, I told him to do it in the first place. This is so unfair! Why does Jaeseop have to punish me when it has nothing to do with him! That boy!