Getting closer

1+1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously:

Kim's parents are getting a divorce and Exo-K  has lost a sponsor. Can things get more devastating?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So just like that we lost our sponsor?!" Suho yelled as he walked around the living room.

"Suho hyung it's okay. Kai was just trying to help his friend" Baekhyun said and placed a hand on my shoulder in sympathy.

"Yes and if he didn’t in their lives we would still have our sponsor!" he yelled again. Everybody was silent. All eyes were on the furious leader.

"Suho, none of this is Kai's fault okay? So stop blaming him" said D.O.

"This is his entire fault! Can't you see?!"

"Hey! What's going on here?" We heard my father's voice as he ran down the stairs.

"Nothing Mr. Kim"

"What's with all the yelling? Huh?"

"Mr. Kim I'm sorry but your son better control his feeling for this girl or else we can all say goodbye to our career-"

"Stop right there Suho" said my father and raised his hand "Maybe it wasn’t right for Jongin to enter the lives of other people but this is definitely not his fault. It's not his fault that the sponsor was a psycho to just cut everything like that" with that Suho shut his mouth and sat down. A smile of content appeared on my face as I watched my father defend me.

"You're right Mr. Kim. I'm sorry for my irrational behavior" said Suho but he seemed to be ending the argument so that it wouldn’t get more serious.

It's been near a week since what happened at Kim's house. She haven’t came school since that day. I didn’t call her because I wanted to give her some space but I was starting to get worried. Why would she be absent for one week? That was it. I had it all. I decided to call her.

"Park residence, can I help you?"

"Um, yes. I'm Kim's friend. Is Kim home?"

"…"

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry she can't speak right now"

"Um, can you tell her to call me?"

"I'm sorry but no. Is there a message you want me to give her?"

"No, I have to talk to her myself"

"But she can't talk"

Why does she keep telling me that? What happened? Maybe something bad happened to Kim!

"Miss, you're getting me worried, what happened to Kim?!"

"Don’t you know? Ms. Park is in her worst state"

"What?!" I yelled but she hung up quickly.

Worst state? What does she mean by that? Oh God! I have to run! I have to see Kim!

As usual I didn’t bother putting a coat on so I just ran out of the house in hurry.When I got inside the mansion they wouldn’t let me see Kim.

"Why?! What happened to her?! Let me in!"

"Sir, Ms. Park doesn’t want to see anyone at the moment" the maid continued as she stood in front of me "She refuses to eat and she's been locking herself in her bedroom all week"

I approached her door slowly and knocked softly. No reply. I went closer to the door and stuck my forehead against it.

"Kim, it's me. Please open up" the sound of the lock unlocking was heard instantly. And there was Kim, standing right in front of me. She was in her pajamas, her face was swollen and her hair messy.

"Kai…."

"Shhh, don’t say anything" I said and got inside her room. I locked the door behind me to stop the maids who were all lining behind the door from interrupting.

"Now you missy have a lot to explain after not coming to school for a week"

"Kai, not now" she said and threw herself on her bed with her face buried in the white puffy pillows.

"Fine, but seriously why didn’t you come to school for-"

"My mom left" she cut me off. I was so shocked I didn’t get it the first time she said it.

"K-Kim….you mean-what?"

"My mom left to America" she lifted her head and lied down while petting her cat who was lying next to her lazily "She left without saying goodbye" she buried her head in the pillows again. I could see her shoulders move up and down as she sobbed. I started to panic.

"K-Kim!" I ran towards her and sat on her bed "Um, don’t cry"

"You don’t expect me to laugh do you?!" she lifted her head from the tear stained pillows. Her face was wet with tears and her eyes were red. How could I tell her to smile or laugh or whatever in such a bad situation? Instead of telling her not to cry I had to do something to stop her tears falling like a waterfall.

"Okay, that’s it." I held her waist and made her sit up on the bed "Now tell me what happened"

"I-I came home from school," she kept sobbing and sniffling making it hard for me to catch a single word "and then-and then I was-"

"Shhh, I can't understand a single word you're saying when you're crying like that" I handed her the tissue box and she wiped her tears "now, continue."

"I came home from school a week ago and asked where my mom was. I wanted to check on her to see if she's okay since she'd be probably the one affected most by this whole thing. The maid said she left a few hours ago without saying where she was going. I went to my room and checked my mail. And there it was. An email from my mom saying:

"Kimberly I'm so sorry but I can't live in that house anymore. Your father and I started from zero to reach this point and we did it together and made it through all these years so I can't see him with another woman. I'm in America right now. Sorry if I was a bad mom but trust me, whatever I did was for the good of all of us and for you to live happy."  Well you know I wanted to tell her "Live happy my !" I don’t know what to do Kai! I'm going crazy!"

"You should probably call her" I suggested.

"What?! Hell no!"

"Kim, locking yourself in your bedroom all week and not coming to school doesn’t help. In fact it doesn’t help at all. You're mad at her right?" she nodded in response "well then you should talk to her. I'm sure she has a reason for leaving without saying goodbye."

"Kai she didn’t even call me in this one week. She doesn’t-"

"Just do it." I said and handed her the phone. She just stared at it. I sighed and dialed the number (of course after hours of fighting with Kim so that she would give me her mom's phone number) but when I gave her the phone she kept moving her head side to side saying she doesn’t want to talk to her. I forced her to take the phone and she finally did. She even put it on speaker.

No sound came from the other line for like a minute.

"Hello"

"Mom! H-Hi!"

"Kimberly is that you?"

"Y-yes" she stuttered as tears started to stream down her face again "Why did you leave?! Come back!"

"Kimberly hon. I….I can't"

"You could have at least said goodbye!"

"I know baby and I'm sorry”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter