Birzday! (part 2)

1+1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was actually really nervous when dancing with her but tried my best to hide it. I was sweating  madly, afraid that she would sense the smell and my palms were sweating so much I thought they would wet her dress.

I wonder how she feels right now. Does she feel nervous as well?

I think I'm freaking her out by looking at her right into the eyes, but that’s what Sehun told me to do.

"So how did you invite all these people? It should've been hard" she said as we danced.

"Hmph! It was a piece of cake. They couldn’t say no to the Kai of Exo-K" I replied.

"Alright now don’t get too confident" she said and laughed.

"Seems like someone is going to party alone tonight!" I said and grinned evilly.

"Shizuka?! you didn’t invite her?!" she asked shocked.

"C'mon, admit it. You're happy about that aren't you?" I said and she smiled with her head down, not being able to deny.

"You look...you look really nice tonight. I mean no! You look beautiful" I corrected myself.

Am I doing it right?  That’s what Sehun told me to do. Aish! This boy and his instructive points!

"O my god really?! I think I look stupid! I mean look at this costume! I'll kill Minwoo for picking such a revealing costume!"

"I picked that"

"What?!" she said with wide eyes.

"I mean Minwoo and I, we picked it together"

"Oh. Sorry" she said and looked down.

"It's okay"

"You know? Not that I don’t like this costume it's just that I'm not comfortable with showing lots of skin" she said and looked down sheepishly. By that time of our friendship I was aware of the fact that Kim wasn’t confident about her figure and the way she looked. I remember she told me she doesn’t wear two-pieced swimsuits 'cause she didn’t want people to get a full view of her structure.

"Feeling  unconfident?" I said and smirked.  She looked at me with a smile and nodded "Kim, how many times should I tell you to have confidence?" I said and she laughed. I was happy that she was able to tell me how she feels, that she trusted me, but sad at the time because I didn’t want her to feel bad about herself so I was determined to give her what she lacked. Confidence.

As we danced everything seemed to slow down and the atmosphere got more peaceful. Suddenly our eyes locked and Kim gave me a sweet smile.

What did that mean?!

We couldn’t break eye contact.  I leaned closer to get a better view of her face and my gaze fell on her pink lips. Our faces came closer and closer until I could hear her heavy breathing and my eyelids began to fall. 

Dear heart,

Please beat more slowly 'cause I think she can hear you

"Can we let my turn to begin?"

If only, if only that…that boy came a little late our lips would have met. I felt like a snake whose nest has been disturbed.

"Whoa Kai! You look so red! Are you sick?" asked Minwoo.

Kai, calm down, calm down, calm down. Just take a few deep breaths, you can't punch a fan.

I thought and walked away as I watched them dance slowly while laughing and chatting comfortably. She even rested her chin on his shoulder.

He could have at least waited for the song to finish.

It was getting late and the party didn’t seem to end.

"Kim, come with me" I said and dragged her towards the backyard. Their backyard was just as incredible as the rest of the mansion.

They had a huge garden in their backyard consisting of red and white roses along with a grass maze. It was a magical place indeed.

"Kai, where are we going?"

"Nowhere" I said and laughed.

We ran through the maze hand in hand, laughing and skipping under the starless sky. The only thing lighting our way was the full moon, making the atmosphere vivid and magical. Now that we were inside the confusing maze Minwoo couldn’t interrupt us.

"I think we're lost!" Kim gasped when we couldn’t find our way out of the maze.

"Chilax" I chuckled and stood in front of her.

"Kai, what is going on in that head of yours?" she said and crossed her arms.

"Remember you told me to hand you your gift?"

"Yes"

"Remember I disappeared for a while when you were at the arcade?"

"It wasn’t a while, it was for an hour but yes I do remember"

"Well, I was gone to get you this. I ordered it just for you" I said and took a small, black box out of my pocket.

"Kai! You got me a gift?!" she said surprised yet happy.

"Open it" I said and handed her the box. She opened it and took out  the small, golden necklace that was shaped like a skateboard with the sentence ' you're the best kiddo!' craved on it in small, silver letters.

fell open as she stared at the necklace.

"Oh! I have something else for you" I said and took out another gift which was hiding beneath my coat. The second gift was the picture we took with her at the carnival. The one in which she was snow white and we were the 'six' dwarfs.

"O my god Kai! You framed this picture!" she said excited like a kid as she looked at the picture.

"I'm sorry if it's not that much or expensive or- Oh! I can give the necklace to the guy to change the sentence if y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter