The Day

1+1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ugh! Where is this boy?! He was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago!

I thought as I glanced at my watch for the third time and waited my the school gate helplessly.

"Happy birthday!" I heard someone say from behind. It was Kai.

"Kai! You idio- you remembered?" I asked impressed and he nodded.

"Yup! And guess what? You're not going home 'cause we are going out!" he said cheerfully.

"Going out like this?!" I said and pointed at my school uniform.

"Yes!"

"Um, are you okay? Are you sure you're not Chanyeol?" I said as I waved my hand in front his face.

"Positive. Now let's go"

"Kai I don’t think-" I was about to say something but he was already dragging me down the street towards the train station.

Alright he's definitely not okay

I thought as we walked down the street.

Does he think I don’t realize his weird behavior for the past week? Especially towards Minwoo.

"Can I at least know where we're going?"I asked.

"No" he replied.

 

"Kim, can I ask you something?" He asked  after a few minutes of silence with his eyes fixed on the street.

"Mm"

"Why do you nag about your life all the time? I mean as long as I know, you nearly have everything. Prosperous parents, body-"

"The only thing I have is money. That’s it, nothing else" I interrupted and we arrived at the train station. We bought tickets and got into the train. The train was overcrowded with people pushing us around trying to find a seat and the smell of sweat was filling the air. We had to stand since there was no empty seat.

"Isn't that what's important? Money makes most people happy" he said as he held on to the handle for support.

"Kai, you don’t have to be poor to be unhappy" I said with a wave of sadness in my voice. He looked down with an expression of guilt.

"I rather live in a hut than this stupid mansion" I said and he looked at me startled.

"Why would you say that?"

"You see, when you live in a small house no matter which corner your family members run to they're always close to you. In contrast, when you live in a mansion everybody's scattered to different areas" I explained and he got that the real meaning of what I said was deeper than that.

"Don’t you think you should be thankful?"

"I wish I could. I do try" I said.

 After a few minutes I felt like suffocating. The crowd seemed to be taking away all the oxygen. I started panting.

"Kim, use your inhaler" he said and I shook my head side to side in disagreement.

"Kim!" he hissed and rounded his eyes in a somewhat scary way. I wouldn’t obey.

"Kim!" he nearly yelled "If anything bad happens to you I'll leave you right here and go!" he said and I was finally convinced. I took out the inhaler out of my bag unwillingly and used it. I looked around and noticed no one was staring at me. I looked at Kai who was smirking out of victory.

"See, it wasn’t hard was it?" he said and pinched my cheek.

"Do that one more time and….never mind" I said and we arrived to our destination.

"Kai you could just simply tell me we're coming to the mall" I said as I looked at the mall placidly.

We went inside and the first thing he did was buy me a box of chocolate. I asked him why did he do that and he said it was because I was a good girl to use my inhaler in public. After that he asked me several times if he made me upset by yelling at me because he didn’t want to upset me on my birthday.

"So what should we do now that we're here?" I asked as we wandered around the mall.

"Anything you say. It's your birthday"

"Mmm, lemme think" I said profoundly in thought, as I tapped my chin.

"Oh look! Arcade games! I use to come here with Smith and Will!" I yelled and pointed at the arcade sign made of LEDs, hanging above the entry.

"O c'mon! I hate arcade games!" he whined.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter