When disaster strikes

1+1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey!" we suddenly heard Kris yell and wave at someone. It was Kim who was walking towards us with round eyes. She was wearing a simple sky blue dress.  Simple and beautiful in her own way.

"Hi guys! What are you doing here?!"

"Your dad invited all the people under his sponsorship to this party" said Chanyeol.

"Kimberly, you look great" Kris said and made her blush madly.

Dammit! I wanted to say that!

"Just call me Kim. You don’t look bad yourself, very handsome in a tuxedo" she said and giggled. She had all the signs that she liked him and it was irritating. Her giggles, her blushing, everything she did indicated the word ' crush'. I started doubting myself, I thought all those moments when our eyes locked and the time slowed down was for real but it seemed like I was wrong.

"We are all wearing tuxedos" I remarked and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever" she said ignorantly.

I figured she was still mad because of last night. But what else did I have to do? I apologized; she was the one who didn’t reply my text.

"Kim I have to admit, I fell in love with your mansion. Would you mind showing us around?"

"Sure, c'mon guys" she said and motioned us to follow her.

"Oh, we'll just stay right here, you two go" Chen said and winked at Kris.

"Do something!" I mouthed to Chanyeol.

"What should I do?!" he mouthed back and looked at the drink in his hand. Suddenly he walked over to Kris and spilled his blueberry juice on Kris's white blouse.

"Oh! ! Sorry man! I guess you have to wash or else your blouse is gonna get sticky"

I gave Chanyeol thumbs up with a malicious smile on my face.

"Oh! This doesn’t look good" Kim said and grabbed Kris's wrist" come with me"

All the members scattered to different places and it was just me and Chanyeol standing in the middle of the ballroom as couples danced, regretting what we did.

"Maybe I had to spill the drink on you" he stated.

"We have to follow them!" I said and dragged Chanyeol towards where they were going. We hid behind a wall and watched where they went.

"Oooo! I feel like a spy" he said and I glared at him "you know? The tuxedos, stalking people…. Get it? Ugh! Forget it"

We ran up the stairs and tiptoed towards the room they got in. The door was about 1 cm open, making our eyes hurt as we watched them. I saw Kim getting a white blouse from a drawer as Kris took off his coat.

"Lemme see! Lemme see!" Chanyeol said and sneaked a peek.

"This ain't good!" he gasped making me shove him away and watch them myself.

"Do you need help with that?" Kim said when she saw Kris was having difficulty opening his bow tie. She walked over to him and opened his bow tie for him. Their faces were a few inches apart making my heart beat crazy. With an irresistible impulse I was about to rush towards them only to be stopped by Chanyeol.

"They're not gonna do anything" He whispered as he tightened his grip on my arm.

Face the reality Kai. This guy is older, funnier, taller and more muscular than you! Of course she chooses him over you!

"I'll wait outside" Kim said making us jump ten kilometers away from the door. When she came out she was biting her lip, trying hard not to smile widely. Her face fell when she saw me and Chanyeol.

"W-what are you guys doing here? You weren’t eavesdropping were you?" she said and narrowed her eyes.

"No we weren’t!" Chanyeol said and dragged me away in an instant. We followed them wherever they went until they reached the backyard. I couldn't help but to get heartache. I remembered the night of her birthday when I gave her that necklace, when we were running in the maze hand in hand in that magical atmosphere. I noticed she always wore that necklace. That gave me a little hope.

 They sat on a marble bench surrounded by red and white roses in front of the maze, chatting and laughing. Kim rubbed her arm as a cold breeze blew. Kris took off his coat and placed it on her shoulders making her giggle.

"You know, I'm not really into the Asian type since I was raised in America, but you're different Kris"

What?! What does she mean she's not into the Asian type?!

"You were raised in America? I grew up in Canada"

"Oh! I visited Canada once. It's beautiful!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter