Guess we're stuck with eachother

1+1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My first reaction of being stuck in an elevator was a huge panic attack.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! WE'ER STUCK IN THE ELEVATOR! OH GOD! OH GOD!" I said as I moved around the tiny space and my heart was racing madly.

"Kim"

"OH GOD! WE CAN DIE HERE YOU KNOW! WE'LL RUN OUT OF OXYGEN!" I said still moving around and panting. I absolutely forgot about my sprained ankle.

"Kim"

"SOMEBODY HELP US! WE'RE STUCK IN HERE!!!!" I shouted as I banged on the door.

"Kim!" Kai yelled and grabbed my arm and made me face him and cupped my face with his warm hands " We're not gonna die okay? Someone is probably out there and they are going to help us get out of here, so just calm down" he said and looked at me straight in the eyes "we can try and open the door. You can't make anything better by panicking"

Weirdly my heart rate decreased and I stopped panting. His words made sense and were calming.

Thank god he's here or I would've got a heart attack

"So what should we do?" I asked and placed a hand over my forehead.

"There's an emergency bell right here" he said and pushed the button but it wasn’t working. "Great" he said with a poker face.

"Alright let's see if we can call anyone" he said as he looked at his phone "Oh dammit! There's no way we can call anyone!" he said and put his phone back into his pocket.

"Oh! I have a few bars!" I said hopefully as I stared at my phone but just then……." UGH! My battery died!" I said and stomped my foot but ended up hurting myself "Owww! My ankle" I said as I held my ankle with both hands and Kai started laughing.

"It's not funny!" I said but he wouldn’t stop laughing.

"Lemme help you" he said and helped me sit at the corner of the elevator.

"Alright, we have to think of another solution" he said and looked at the door. He tried to open it but it was just impossible so we tried something else………….SHOUTING.

Two hours later…..

"SOMEBODY HELP US!!!" we kept shouting and Kai was banging on the door , but it was useless.

"This is useless, if anyone was out there they would have heard us by now" I said. Even Kai gave up and sat next to me.

"Can you pass me my backpack?"I asked and he did as I said. I took my back pack and searched it for my inhaler. When I found it I placed the front part inside my mouth and sprayed it once. Kai was just staring at me.

"What?!"I asked

"Um….nothing" he said and looked away "I didn’t know you have asthma, seems like you've been hiding it"

"Yes ,and you better forget what you just saw "

"But why?" he asked as if it wasn’t a big deal.

"Because! It's embarrassing! Okay?! Plus, people pity you once they find out you have a medical condition" I said with a pout.

"I don’t" he said and pointed at himself.

"Yeah right! I saw how you were looking at me! As if  you felt sorry for me "

"I was looking at you wondering why you hide it, not cuz I felt sorry for you or anything. Kim, many people have the same condition as you" he said and there was an honesty in his voice.

"Really?"I said as I looked around and he nodded.

"I feel like a loser" I said and looked at the inhaler.

"Well you shouldn’t feel that way. You won't believe it if I told you about my condition, it's so embarrassing"

"You have some kind of condition too?" I asked

"Yeah. Whenever I drink water my tommy makes these weird noises" he said and took his water bottle and drank some water.

"Oh, listen" he said and we waited quietly then suddenly………Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

"Hahahaha! Oh my god! This is so funny!" I laughed my head off and so did Kai.

"I bet my hyungs and your parents are looking for us" he said after a while.

"Maybe your hyungs, but not my parents" I said and looked down.

"Why?"he asked.

"They're not home to realize I'm missing and when they come back from work it's noon and they'll think I'm in my room or in the park, then night comes and it's time for dinner, the maid steps in my room and sees I'm not there, she gets shocked and that’s when they start searching for me" I said in one breath.

"Wow. But don’t you guys…….see each other when they come back from work?" he said and I shook my head.

"Me and my dad, we are so different and though sometimes he makes me frustrated, we still talk to each other at least…."  He said but stopped once he saw that I was so into myself. I was sitting, holding my legs in my arms with my head buried in my knees.

"Are you………crying?!" he asked with round eyes.

"Oh god! Of course not!" I said but my voice was shaking.

"There's something you're hiding" he said.

Does he read minds?!

I thought, because there wasn’t a single person in this world who knew about my family problems.

"Um…yes kinda" I said awkwardly.

Should I tell him? I really need to tell someone, but I don’t know him well, I don’t know if I can trust him. What if he makes fun of my feelings? He's a boy after all.

 Okay here we go  "I hate……..my home and the people around me"   WOW! Finally!

"Okay, that was a bit sudden, but why?" he asked as he twitched his eyebrows as if it was something strange. He could never understand my feeling.

"You know how sometimes you talk to the people around you and you try hard to become close to them but they don’t listen to you, making you feel invisible as If you're dead? Or like how sometimes you wanna scream at the top of your lung telling them listen to me, understand me or when you feel like you're the only one on this planet. That’s how I feel all the time" I could hardly speak because I felt like there was something in my throat choking me and he just looked at me in the eye with an unreadable expression.

"Wow, you probably think I'm a freak or something, stupid me! Why did I open my mouth?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"No no! it's okay, I know how you feel" he said

"Really ?"

" Yeah. I might be surrounded by my fans but sometimes I feel lonely too. There are things I can't talk about with the members and even my dad and if I talk about them with other people they usually take advantage and spill it to the media, that’s when I feel completely lonely" he said and sat Indian style.

"Well, maybe you should do what Hannah Montana did! Living two lives!" I said trying to change the heavy atmosphere and laughed.

"Oh shut up!" he laughed and pushed my head lightly.

"So what time is it?" I said after a few minutes.

"It's around 9" he replied after looking at his watch.

"Oh god!" I said and  placed my chin on my knee.

"So about the whole stay-away-from-me thing, were you serious?"

"Yup!" I said and looked around. *but then I'll be a total loner!*

"You are so heartless! After all those things I wrote about you that’s how you treat me?!"he said with round eyes.

"Oh god! I thought we were even!" I said and rolled my eyes "Um…those things you wrote about me, did you mean them?"I asked and came closer.

"Your point is?" he said and looked away.

"Do you really like my smile?" I asked.

"I don’t just c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter