So that's what happened.....

1+1000
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously~

Kai found out about Mr. Park's betrayal and he doesn't know whether to tell Kim or not as keeping the secret itches him more and more.

I was on my way home when my phone rang. Unbelievably it was Mr. Park.

How the hell did he get my number?! I thought but then I remembered it was easy for someone as big as him to get the phone number of a teenager.

I gulped and pressed the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Come to my office right now" he said and hung up.

Who does he think he is?! Treating me as if I'm his servant!

I went to the same luxurious building as the other day. I ran to the elevator and went to the twentieth floor quickly. By the time I reached his office door I didn’t have a good feeling. I had a hollow feeling in my stomach.

I knocked on the door cautiously.

"Come in" he answered from the other side and I did as he said.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, yes" he said and got up. He started walking towards me with his hands behind his back.

"Today is your birthday right?" I nodded in response.

"I have a gift for you" he said and got closer "My sponsorship towards your group is over" he said and went back to his chair.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I think you heard it the first time I said it. My sponsorship towards your group is over"

"Y-You can't do this!" I yelled.

"Of course I can"

"Why?!"

"Because you nosey little boy told my daughter about my affair! My daughter!"

I froze right where I was. I felt dizzy.  

No! This can't be true. Kim wasn’t supposed to find out. It just-it can't be.

"How did she find out?!"

"I think you know better than me"

"Listen. You can't do this to me and my group members! I swear I didn’t tell anyone!"

"Shut up and get the hell out of my office!"

"Can you listen for a minute?!" I shouted and ran over to his desk "That day I was begging you to stop the affair because of your daughter! Because I knew she would get hurt and I didn’t want that! Why would I go and tell her, the only one that wasn’t suppose to find out?!"

I tried my best to convince him but that guy was too proud and indignant to accept he is accusing me for nothing.

I left the office with a fire of rage burning inside me. I ran in the street to calm myself down. I didn’t know where to go, to Kim or to the members. What was I going to tell my group members?

So much for my birthday!

I knew Kim was in her worst state so I headed towards their mansion.

I knocked on her door but heard nothing. I knocked again and again to get nothing but the echo of my own knocking. I let myself inside her room. The white curtains were moving back and forth as wind from the open balcony door blew and I could spot Kim right there. She was sitting there painting with her back facing me. I approached her very slowly because I knew I had to be very cautious since she was probably really sensitive at that moment.

"Oh, hi" she greeted when she noticed my presence. She wiped a few tears and looked at me "Um… what brought you here?" she said as she rubbed her puffy eyes which were red due to crying so much.

She was acting as if everything was fine. But the Kim I knew was always like that, hiding her feelings because she didn’t want pity.

"Kim I'm so sorry" I said and that was when she gave in. she burst into tears she had been keeping inside. I went closer to her and she collapsed in my arms.

"Shhh, it's okay. Everything's going to be fine. This will all pass" I said and made her sit on the bed as I rubbed her back but her tears wouldn’t stop "Please don’t cry. Please."

 "Do you see?! Do you see why I don’t believe in love and all that !" she started yelling as more tears streamed down her face "Do you see why I don’t trust anyone! Because even my own parents betray me Kai"

I couldn’t find any words to comfort her. I could never understand her feeling. She was always in the hope of having a warm family and now the opposite happened.

"Oh god, look at me. It's your birthd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter