BOOK 2

Black Heart

 

School was over and Jieun was on her way home. While walking home, Jieun saw a very weird looking man lurking around their neighbourhood. She had never seen him around before and thought the he was a neighbour’s relative. Jieun decided to mind her own business and continued walking.

Jieun was looking through her phone when a shadow fell above her. Slowly she looked up to see the man standing in front of her.

“Lee Jieun?” he asked, raising his eyebrows as though he wasn’t sure if it was really her.

“W-who are you? H-how do you know my name? What do you want from me?” she asked, obviously afraid of the stranger.

“Calm down Jieun. You’re just like your father. So rushed and I must say brave. Very brave as a matter of fact.”

“Cut the crap. What do you want from me?” Jieun was getting annoyed and pissed off by this dishevelled looking man.

“Feisty. Well I just want to pass this letter to you. It seems like your father is in trouble and the only person who can help is you,” he handed over the letter to Jieun, “and probably another person. You have to act fast Jieun. I have to go now. See you again soon in Black World.”

Jieun stared at the letter, obviously confused by the new information given to her. She began to panic when she remembered that her father was in danger. She made her way home, ran up to her room and locked her doors. Jieun read the letter and she could easily recognise that handwriting.

To my daughter Jieun,

Since you’re reading this, I guess you should know that I’m in trouble. I’m fine actually. I just hope that you won’t panic. Read this letter carefully and follow my instructions.

Do you remember that old bookstore I used to bring you to when you were younger? Byun Bookstore to be exact. I want you to head over to that bookstore and look for the owner, Mr Byun Baekho. I need you to go there fast. Preferably tonight. Tell him your name and say that I sent you over. He will know what to do.

Follow whatever instructions given to you. Do you understand me? And lastly, stay safe my daughter. I’m sorry for not telling you about any of this and for not preparing you for it. I really am sorry.

Love,

your father

Upon finishing, Jieun wasted no time. She grabbed her bag pack and packs all the necessary stuffs and made her way to Byun Bookstore. She remembered to leave a note for the caretaker to tell her that she will be spending the night out.

--

Double update! Hope you're liking the story ^^

& Thanks for subcribing! <3