BOOK 15

Black Heart

 

While Baekhui was busy taking a shower, Jieun made her way towards the other bathroom to get Kris’ shirt. She stood in front of the bathroom and heard the water run. Jieun contemplated whether or not to knock on the door since Kris forgot to leave the shirt at the doorknob.

When Jieun was about to walk away, D.O walked towards her.

“Ji! Why are you standing in front of the door? Try to take a peek at our Duizhang?” D.O wiggled his eyebrow as he teased Jieun.

“DO KYUNGSOO!” Jieun narrowed her eyes at D.O who realised that he was about to get killed, “You are so dead!”

Before anything can happen, D.O ran down the stairs as Jieun chased after him. The two were running around the house while the others ignored them.

D.O ran towards the garden and stopped on his tracks when he saw Baekhyun sitting down on the benches staring at a photo. D.O slowly made his way towards Baekhyun while making sure that Jieun is nowhere around him, “Hyung! Why are you out here alone? Aren’t you bored?”

Baekhyun looked up and saw the younger guy standing in front of him. He moved aside, giving D.O a space to sit, “Just taking some breather. It was hectic inside. What about you? Why are you out here?”

“Me? Just running away from Jieun before she kills me,” D.O gave Baekhyun a sheepish smile as he rubbed his neck.

“Hey Kyungsoo, don’t you think that Jieun kinda resembled her?” Baekhyun asked.

D.O looked at the older boy who was still holding onto the photo, “You mean her? A bit. It’s just that she doesn’t have a birthmark on her shoulder.”

D.O pointed at the birthmark which was on the little girl, “I’m gonna go in before Ji finds me. Come in soon. Dinner’s going to be ready.”

The moment D.O went back into the house, Jieun came into the gardens, “I’m sure I saw him running towards this direction!”

Jieun walked further straight and soon she spots a figure sitting at her favourite spot. *I wonder who that is*

She walked towards the person and soon realised that it was Baekhyun. Jieun quietly crept behind him.

“BOO!” Jieun shouted into Baekhyun’s ears.

“What the,” Baekhyun turned and saw Jieun standing behind him, “It’s just you. Looking for Kyungsoo?”

Jieun nodded as she took a seat beside him.

“He went in a while ago. He said that you wanted to kill him or something.”

“Yeah, he’s so dead! But since he is cooking dinner, I shall let him off the hook.”

They sat in silence but it wasn’t awkward at all. As a matter of fact, it was very comfortable and they enjoyed each other’s presence.

“You know what?” Baekhyun broke the silence, “You remind me of someone. Someone I missed dearly. You even resemble her.”

*Her? He has someone he likes?*

“Really? How old is she?” Jieun asked, hoping to find out more about this girl.

“Your age I think. I met her when we were kids. This sounds crazy but she’s the one I’ve been searching for high and low.”

*He must’ve really liked her* Jieun didn’t understand why she felt sad when Baekhyun talked about that girl, “What’s her name?”

“I can’t remember but I used to call her Jiji and she would get mad at me for calling her that,” Baekhyun replied.

*Jiji? That was my nickname when I was younger.*

“I used to like this oppa. His nickname was Hyunnie, but I secretly called him Pikachu oppa. I haven’t seen him ever since his family moved away. His dad and my dad were best friends,” Jieun unknowingly told Baekhyun her secret, “Keep this a secret tho. You’re the only one who knows. My best friends don’t even know about this.”

Baekhyun nod his head and he ruffled Jieun’s hair as they both pink sweared.

“Ji! You have a visitor!” Chanyeol loud voice was heard.

‘”COMING!” Jieun shouted back, “Did he swallow a microphone or something? Let’s go in before we catch a cold.”


Baekhyun and Jieun's moment! 

Sorry for the short chapter.

Have you watched B.A.P's new teaser?!