BOOK 4

Black Heart

 

Sun rays escape in to the bookstore through the curtains, causing Jieun to wake up from her slumber. Jieun reached into her pockets and took out her phone to check the time. It was 7 in the morning. Jieun sat up and examined her surrounding thinking that she was still at home.

“KYAA!” Jieun screamed when she realised that she wasn’t at her room. She got off the sofa and stumbled forward as she stepped on something.

“Ouch!” Baekhyun groan in pain.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you there. Are you alright? Do you need help?” Jieun continued babbling as she felt guilty. She offered her hands to Baekhyun who willingly took it.

“Alright! Alright! I know you’re sorry. Look I’m fine,” Baekhyun spun around in front of Jieun, “See? Now will you please stop apologising to me?”

Jieun nodded her hair and gave Baekhyun a weak smile. Baekhyun looked at the clock and jumped, “Byun Baekhui! Wake up! You’re late for class!”

There was no response from his sister, “Aish this girl. Ya! Byun Baekhui! You better wake up before I make my way up into your room. Don’t make me call Chanyeol or Kris to wake you up.”

*Who the hell are Chanyeol and Kris? The only guy here is him* Jieun thought.

Soon a girl around Jieun’s age came down from the attic.

“I know Chanyeol and Kris will work on you,” Baekhyun gave a victorious smile to the girl.

“Whatever. I just didn’t want them to make a huge fuss again,” Baekhui replied and turned to look at Jieun, “Oh you’re up. I’m Baekhui, Baekhyun’s little sister. What’s your name?”

“Err hi. I’m Jieun. Sorry for intruding,” Jieun apologised.

“Will you please stop apologising?” Baekhyun sounded as though he was annoyed.

“I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Okay, maybe the floor.”

Jieun and Baekhui chuckled, receiving a death glare from Baekhyun.

“Aren’t you late for class?”

“Chill oppa! Sehun’s meeting me before we go. By the way Unnie, why are you here?” she asked.

Jieun was stunned by the question and realised her purpose.

“I’m supposed to go to Byun Bookstore.”

“Well then, welcome to Byun Bookstore. So how may I help you?” Baekhui playfully replied.

Jieun asked for Byun Baekho, who happened to be their father. But she was told that he wasn’t at home.

Soon Baekhyun came out from the back of the bookstore with two letters in his hands. He passed on to Jieun and they both read it at the same time. Baekhui had no idea what’s going on and she was starting to get curious.

--

4 subscribers! Enjoy reading! ^^

Will try to make the future chapters longer cause I realised that the current chapters are kinda short