BOOK 19

Black Heart

 

Jieun, Luhan and Firefinger are now at the backyard while the rest were gathered at the balcony watching them.

“Wear it,” Firefinger ordered Jieun.

Jieun glanced at Luhan who signalled to her to wear it.

Jieun passed the necklace to Luhan who tenderly placed it around her neck.

Out of a sudden, a ray of light penetrates through the necklace. It was so strong to the point where Jieun couldn’t stay rooted to the ground and ended up falling back.

Everyone gasped at what they saw. Baekhyun and Baekhui quickly made their way to the backyard to check on Jieun.

“Unnie! Jieun ah!” Baekhui, Luhan and Baekhyun shouted at Jieun who was curled up on the ground covering her ears.

Jieun was now being surrounded by everyone. The boys and Baekhui were starting to get worried when Jieun still hasn’t moved an inch.

“MOVE!” Firefinger ordered. He kneeled down beside Jieun and held on to her.

Seeing how it doesn’t work, Luhan stepped up and made Firefinger move.

He held on to Jieun tightly as he tried to talk to Jieun, hoping that she’ll calm down. Seeing how it does nothing, Kris decided to give it a try and soon everyone took turns.

All of them was about to give up until they realised that their last hope was Baekhyun.

“Baek, help me please,” Luhan begged.

“I’ll try my best hyung,” with that Baekhyun lifted Jieun’s head and placed it on his lap.

Everyone else were paying close attention, hoping to see some reaction from Jieun but there was none.

Jieun still looked as if she was in discomfort, “AH!”

Baekhyun caressed her face and tug her hair behind her ears and whispered into her ear, “Jieun ah, Oppa is here. Jiji calm down. Hyunnie oppa is here. Shh…”

Baekhyun hugged Jieun tighter, “It’s okay Ji. We’re all here with you. Follow what I’m doing Ji.”

Baekhyun started to breathe in and out slowly as Jieun followed suit.

“Noona, open your eyes. It’s going to be okay,” Sehun spoke up.

“Sehun’s right noona. Open your eyes,” Kai  encouraged her.

Xiu Min couldn’t stand seeing Jieun in pain any longer. He walked towards Jieun and caressed her cheeks, “Jieun ah. Big oppa is here. Don’t be scared. Open your eyes slowly whenever you’re ready.”

Chanyeol and Chen too went up to the four of them. The two sat on the grass and reached out for Jieun’s hands. Both held on to her tiny hands tightly, hoping that she’ll open her eyes soon.

As Luhan was about to walk away, he remembered that he used to sing to Jieun whenever she was sick.

He took that chance and started to sing and Baekhyun joined in.

Baby don’t cry, tonight
When the dark night lit up
Baby don’t cry, tonight
Just treat it as if nothing happened
You will never be like foam
Don’t you know that
So baby don’t cry, cry
My love will protect you and never let go

“Look! She’s opening her eyes!” D.O pointed at Jieun.

“Yeah she is!” Tao, Suho and Lay chimed in.

“I’ll get some water for her,” Baekhui volunteered and ran into the kitchen.

Slowly Jieun opened her eyes, “Where am I?”

“At the backyard…” D.O replied, trying not to sound sarcastic but failed, earning a smack from Tao.

“Let’s get you inside,” says Firefinger as he lifter her up and brought her into the living room and tenderly placed her on the couch.

Baekhui came into the living room and handed the water to Kris. Slowly Lay lifted her up from his lap.

Kris knelt down and placed the straw into . Jieun drank the whole glass of water and fell right back to sleep.

“I guess we’re not going anywhere today. You guys can go train or something. Leave her to me,” says Firefinger.

Luhan was about to protest but was pulled into the backyard by Suho and Lay.

“Let’s start training! Gather at the backyard in 10 seconds or you’re dead!” Kris ordered.

“DUIZHANG!!!” grumbled everyone.

While the rest were at the backyard, the maknaes were still inside.

“DO KYUNGSOO! HUANG ZHI TAO! KIM JONGIN! OH SEHUN!” shouted Kris and Suho.

Time seemed to have frozen out of the blue.

“Tao, you’re the best!” says D.O.

“D.O hyung, Tao, Sehun ah, let’s go!” Kai rounded the other three and teleported them to the backyard while Tao unfroze the time.

“Whoa! What happened?” Chanyeol, who was spinning around a moment ago, came to a stop abruptly.

“Huang. Zhi. Tao. Kim. Jong. In,” Kris eyed Tao and Kai, “You’re grounded! No using of powers unless Suho or I allows it. Understand?”

Tao and Kai nodded their heads and ran towards Suho for protection before they get killed by Kris.

“Let’s start!” Xiu Min shouted.

--

The training continued for 3 hours and they only stopped when Xiu Min realises that it’s time for dinner.

“I’ll go get ready for dinner! Baekhui wanna help?” asked D.O.

Baekhui gave a wide smile and followed D.O to the kitchen.

Luhan, Kris, Baekhyun and Lay made their way to the living room to check on Jieun. Firefinger had doze off on the carpet with a newspaper covering his face.

*Poor girl* thought Kris.

“Lay, do you think you can restore her energy?” asked Kris, who is worried when he saw how drained Jieun is right now.

“I’ll try,” Lay replied and did what he was supposed to do.

“DONE!” Lay fell backwards due to exhaustion, “She’ll wake up soon. Kyungsoo! Is the food ready?”

“Dinner’s ready! Ahjussi! Wake up!” Baekhui shouted from the dining room.

Everyone were no enjoying their meal and at the same time, hoping that Jieun will wake up any moment.


Exams are coming and the credits are so high this semester so I don't think I'm able to update as often since I have to study.