BOOK 25

Black Heart

Hi!  I'm back~ Sorry for not updating! My exams are over that means....HOLIDAY! Will update more often if I can.

Since I was gone for quite a while, here's a long update! Okay...maybe not that long but enjoy!!!


 

That night, everyone packed all their necessary items. Once they were done, Kris gathered everyone in the living room.

Jieun had a hard time packing especially since she have no idea what the future holds and whether she's able to return to this house again with a complete family. "Jieun ah, let's go," Tao poked his head into Jieun's room and carried her things for her. "Thanks Tao," Jieun weakly thanked the boy and made her way down to the living room.

Jieun stood in between Kris and Baekhyun as she clutched on to the necklace around her neck. Baekhui walked into the living room after putting a protective layer around the mansion.

Baekhyun smiled proudly at his sister as he reached for her, making her stand in between him and Sehun.

"All ready?" Xiu Min asked, "We have to stay together no matter what okay?"

Everyone nodded and formed a circle, holding onto each other's hands as Kai teleported them to the Byun's house, far from where they are right now.

In a swift moment, all 15 of them reached a hut surrounded by trees and flowers. Baekhui held onto Sehun, overwhelmed over the fact that she's back home, the place where her Mom was murdered right before her eyes.

Sehun squeezed her hands and enveloped her with a hug *don’t worry Baekhui. I'll protect you forever.*

A tear slipped down her eyes when Jieun heard Sehun's thoughts. She was proud of the maknae and hoped that Baekhui heard what she heard just now.

"Let's go before you catch a cold," D.O and Tao dragged Jieun into the hut as they left the maknaes outside.

"Baekhyun oppa! Are you okay?" Jieun asked, concerned when she saw Baekhyun standing still in front of a room.

"I'd be lying if I said yes," his voice trailed off, "this was where my Mom got..."

"It's okay oppa. I understand. Why don't you go freshen up while I ask D.O to cook something for us?" Baekhyun nodded as he ruffled Jieun's hair.

"Here let me take that," Kris came from behind and grabbed her bag, "Are you okay?"

Jieun shook her head and Kris gave her a reassuring hug, "trust me when I said that I'll protect you when Luhan can't."

Kris walked to Baekhui’s old room and left the bag on the bed.

“I’m hungry!” Xiu Min grumbled.

“Yeah, me too!” Lay, Chen and Chanyeol said at the same as the three sat on the sofa with their bodies leaning on to each other for support.

“Suho, where’s Kyungsoo? Ask him to cook for us before Xiu Min hyung dies of hunger,” Lay asked Suho and at the same time teased Xiu Min.

At that moment, Jieun entered the living room and chuckled at the sight in front of her. All of them except Sehun and Baekhui gathered at the living room and played some games. Suho suggested that the 93-liners cook since they lost in the game.

“Why?” D.O complained, “Can I not cook with them? They’re just going to be a nuisance.”

“Hey! I cooked just now and you finished the entire thing up!” Jieun protested.

“Why not Kai help us?” Tao suggested, “He always said that he’s part of our line.”

“No! I’m born is 1994 not 1993! Leave me out of this,” Kai protested.

“So now you’re part of the maknae line, Kim Jongin?” Luhan narrowed his eyes at the younger boy.

Everyone laughed when they saw Kai scared expression. Kai pouted at the older kids and covered his face with the pillow.

"Okay that's enough," Kris stopped everyone from further embarrassing the poor Kai, "Why don't the three of you start cooking before Baozi suffers from a mental break down?"

"Hey!" Xiu Min grew angry, "Will you people stop aiming me? Jeez!"

"Look! The Baozi is about to explode!" Luhan pointed to Xiu Min and laughed but ends up falling over the stool.

The 93-liners started cooking and all that could be heard were shouting from the three. As the house was too noisy, Kai went to Baekhyun's room to check up on him.

When he entered, Baekhyun was seen sitting on his bed, holding onto a photo frame.

"You look like your Mom hyung," Kai spoke, causing Baekhyun to look up, "She's pretty. That might be the reason why Baekhui is too."

"Kai," Baekhyun spoke up, "Do you still like her?" Kai raised his eyebrows.

"Do you still have feelings for my sister?" Baekhyun asked again.

Kai shook his head and lay down beside Baekhyun, "She's one of my best friends. And apparently, she's in love with my other best friend who feels the same way as her. The only thing I'm able to do now is to be happy for them."

"I'm so proud of you. If only I could give the girl I love up to my friend," Baekhyun laughed half-heartedly.

"Hyung, what makes you so sure that Jieun noona doesn't have feelings for you?" It was now Kai's turn to ask, "although I'm happy for Kris hyung, I'm sure we'll all support whoever noona choose to love. Who knows she might be in love with D.O hyung seeing how they fight with each other every single day." Baekhyun gave Kai a hard stare at his last comment.

"Okay, maybe they're just natural-born enemies."

"Thanks Kai," Baekhyun gave the younger boy a hug, "Now why don't you be a good friend and call those two love birds in before they catch a cold?"

With that, Kai made his way out to search for his best friends.

*I'm sorry Baekhyun. I didn't know she was the girl you've been looking for. But I have to say that I too am in love with her.*