BOOK 26

Black Heart

 

Kai opened the half-closed door and bumped into a tall structure, “Ouch!” He looked up and saw Kris standing in front of him.

“Sorry Kai!” Kris apologised.

“Nah it’s okay. But why are you standing in front of the door hyung? You could’ve just went in you know?” Kai asked the older boy.

Kris shook his head and replied, “I heard err…your conversation so I didn’t want to interrupt.”

“You what? How much did you hear?” Kai was flustered. He was hoping that Kris didn’t hear anything especially about Baekhyun liking Jieun.

“Just the part where you said Jieun and D.O are natural born enemies,” Kris lied, “Why are you still standing here, interrogating me? Aren’t you supposed to call those two love birds in?”

Kai made an O shape with his mouth and ran outside. Kris heaved a sigh of relieved and thought *I’m sorry for lying to you Kai. But like I said just now, I’m in love with her too.*

Kris knocked on the door and crept inside the room. Baekhyun was still at the same spot as he was just now. Kris took a seat on the stool in front of the bed and faced Baekhyun, “Baek, can I ask you something?”

Baekhyun nods his head but was soon shocked when he heard Kris’ question.

--

Kai stepped out of the house before he got injured by the flying pots and pans. Apparently D.O had once again annoyed Jieun, causing her to lose her tempers.

“Aish stop it you guys!” Tao was heard, begging the two to stop fighting.

Kai rolled his eyes at the three older kids and made his way towards Sehun and Baekhui.

The two were sitting on the grass while admiring the stars. Kai slowly and quietly crept towards them, “BOO!”

“AH!” the two shouted, “Ya Kim Jongin!”

“I didn’t know you guys can read each other’s mind now,” Kai teased, “So, is it official?”

Sehun face-palmed himself while Baekhui raised her eyebrows in confusion. Sehun shot daggers at Kai before the boy could say anything stupid.

“Chill maknae! I just want to know if my best friends are dating each other now. I’m the want at the losing end okay! You guys will spend time alone together and will leave me out!” Kai pouted.

Sehun rolled his eyes while Baekhui blushed.

“Why are you even here Kai?” Sehun asked, obviously annoyed by Kai’s presence.

“Your future brother-in-law sent me out here. He wants you guys to come in before you catch a cold,” Kai stood up and brushed off the grass from his jeans and held out his hands, “Let’s go!”

Sehun and Baekhui chuckled as they grabbed Kai’s hand.

--

“How did you find out hyung?” Baekhyun asked.

“I figured it out,” Kris replied, “and I heard the conversation.”

Baekhyun felt guilty when Kris found out about his feelings for Jieun.

“I’m sorry Baek. I know that you’ve been looking for her for a long time. So, I’ll give up on her,” Kris squeezed Baekhyun shoulders.

“Hyung no! I don’t even know if she likes me or not. Plus, you’re her fiancé.”

 Kris shook his heads and looked at the younger boy, “I think she likes you too. The way she acts and looks at you is different compared to how she acts around the others and me. She looks at you just like how she looks at Luhan, except with more love.  Treat her well Baek and I hope you’ll tell her the truth. She’s been waiting for you.”

 With that, the two friends hugged and headed out to the living room. Baekhyun stood still when he saw Jieun smiling sweetly at him.

Kris gave him a nudge which woke him up. Baekhyun returned the smile and thought *Wait for me Ji. I’ll confess when the time is right.*


I have no idea what I just wrote...but HOPE YOU LIKED IT! && sorry to all the KrisXJieun shipppers! 

All the SehunXBaekhui shippers rejoice! They're together now~~Poor Kai is scared that he'll be left alone