BOOK 3

Black Heart

Jieun waited at the bus stop in the cold but no buses were insight. Soon she spots a taxi coming towards the bus stop and hailed it. The taxi stopped in front of her and Jieun opened the door only to see a guy around her age in it.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” she apologised to the stranger.

“No it’s okay. I asked the driver to pull over,” the guy looked at her from top to bottom, “and it seems like you really needed to ride. Come in.”

Jieun quickly entered the taxi and fastened her seat belts.

“Miss where are you heading to?” asked the driver.

Jieun took out the letter and replied, “Err, to Byun Bookstore please. It’s on the West of Seoul.”

The guy beside her straightened up when she mentioned Byun Bookstore.

 *Why does she need to go to the bookstore at this time of the night? Doesn’t she know that it’s closed?*

Jieun turned to face the guy, “Is it fine with you?”

“Err yeah. I’m heading towards that direction too,” he said, “I’m Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. What’s your name?”

“Jieun. Lee Jieun. It’s nice to meet you Baekhyun ssi,” Jieun smiled to Baekhyun.

“Just call me Baekhyun. I think we’re around the same age.”

--

It was a long ride to Byun Bookstore. Jieun is knocked out throughout the entire journey. Baekhyun could tell that Jieun had a rough day today. Soon the driver reached West Seoul. Baekhyun directed him to the bookstore and paid the taxi fare.

He got out of the taxi and slowly carried Jieun out. Jieun stirred a bit went Baekhyun carried her, causing him to stop his tracks. A few seconds later, she calmed down and Baekhyun walked to the door of the bookstore. He rang the bell and was welcome by a teenage girl.

“I thought you forgot the time. I’m hungry. Did you buy dinner for me?” asked the teenager, “and who is she? Your girlfriend?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and made his way in, “Baekhui, shut up before I stuff those bread into your mouth. She’s not my girlfriend. I happened to bump into her. I bought supper for you. Now can you please move so that I can put her down?”

Baekhyun slowly walked into the bookstore. He placed Jieun on the sofa and covered her with blankets. Baekhyun handed Baekhui a plastic bag filled with food, “Clean up after you’re done! I’m going to bed first!”

Baekhyun turned to look at the sofa, or what he refers to as his bed, being occupied by Jieun, “I guess sleeping on the floor won’t kill right?”

Baekhyun grabbed his pillows and two very thick blankets and laid it on the floor. He looks at Jieun who is sleeping with a thinner blanket.

Baekhyun slowly pulls the thin blanket off Jieun and exchange it with one of the thicker blankets. Once he’s done, Baekhyun lay on the blanket and drifted off to sleep.

--

3 subscribers! Thank you for subscribing ^^