BOOK 5

Black Heart

 

“Give it to me!” Baekhui snatched the paper from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was stunned by the contents of the letter. He looked up to see the same exact reaction from Jieun.

Baekhui read the letter and she too had the same reaction. Without anyone’s knowledge, someone entered the bookstore.

“Hey! What took you so long? I’ve been waiting for 15 minutes!” Jieun, who was the first one to recover, looked up to see a good looking guy standing beside her. *He must be Sehun. Boy does he look familiar*Jieun continued to space out, asking herself where she met him.

“Err, hi? Earth to you guys. Baekhui, are you okay? Baekhyun hyung, are you okay? Err, noona?” the poor boy was starting to panic when none of them move, “this is creeping me out. Luhan hyung! I need your help!”

Soon, a baby-faced guy stood in front of the door, holding a Rubik’s cube in his hands.

*Luhan?* Jieun thought. *Funny how his name is similar to my cousin’s*

“Sehun, what is it?” Luhan sounded impatient.

“Help me move these three people. They’ve been frozen on their spot since I came in. I don’t think Xiu Min hyung is the reason why they’re frozen.”

Luhan rolled his eyes at the maknae’s childish evaluation. Slowly, using his powers, Luhan moved Baekhui away from the circle and made her stand beside Baekhyun. Done, he converted his attention to Jieun who was back-facing him and turned her body, placed her beside Baekhyun, making her face him.  

“Lee Jieun!” Luhan’s eyes enlarged. He rubbed his eyes to make sure that the girl standing in front of him is really his cousin.

“Hyung, you’re eyes are as big as D.O hyung’s,” Sehun chuckled.

Luhan ran towards Jieun, dropping his cube. He stood in front of the girl and examined her. *It’s really you* Luhan enveloped Jieun into a bear hug.

“Lee Jieun, I missed you so much!” Luhan sounded like his about to cry.

With Luhan’s touch, Jieun came back to reality.

“Lu-Luhan?” Jieun mumbled. Jieun recognised his scent and hugged him back, “Lu Lu! I missed you!”

Sehun was taken aback by the sight. He went towards the Byun siblings and shook them hard.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BYUN BAEKHYUN? HOW LONG WAS YOU PLANNING ON HIDING THIS? I’M 18 FOR GOODNESS SAKE!” Baekhui screamed at the top of her lungs, causing Sehun to back away.

The two cousins where also taken aback by her sudden break down. Baekhyun could only hug Baekhui to calm her down. *I’m sorry Baekhui for hiding this from you. I was only trying to protect you.*

 Luhan saw the letter in Jieun’s hands and snatched it from her.

“Uncle’s missing? What happened? Jieun do you know anything about this?” Luhan asked calmly, trying not to scare Jieun.

A drop of tears fell on her cheeks. Luhan panic and wiped away her tears.

“I…I don’t know. I was on my way home when I bumped into this strange man. He told me that Dad’s missing and he passed me this letter from Dad,” Jieun reached into her bags and took out the letter.

Luhan read it, “it’s happening.”

All eyes were now on him.

“Sehun, gather everyone,” Luhan didn’t look up. Sehun was too confused to move an inch.

“NOW OH SEHUN!” Luhan raised his voice for the first time at Sehun.

--

Soon the bookstore was filled by 14 people. Baekhyun stood by the door, took a last glance to make sure no one was watching them, and locked the doors.

Everyone was restless. Nobody was sure as to why there were called. Kris being one of the oldest spoke up to reduce the tension that was rising, “Luhan, why did you gather everyone here?”

Luhan stood up from his seat and pulled Jieun to his side, “This is Lee Jieun. She’s my baby cousin”

Jieun was embarrassed when Luhan called her a baby, “Luhan! I’m not a baby anymore.”

“You were, the last time I met you. Now sit down,” Luhan replied and made Jieun sit beside Baekhyun, “the reason why I asked Sehun to gather all of you here is because we have a very important mission. My family member’s lives are in danger, including Baekhyun’s and Baekhui’s.”