BOOK 29

Black Heart

 

Baekhyun was about to knock on Luhan’s door when he was stopped by Suho, “I’ll to him. Why don’t you check on Jieun instead? She seemed quite mad just now.”

Baekhyun nods his head and walked to the other room. He knocked on the door, “Jieun ah. Can I come in?” However there was no answer. “I’m coming in okay?” Again, Baekhyun didn’t get any reply.

He walked into the girls’ room calmly although he could feel the tension in the room. The lamp on the table next to the bed was flickering. Baekhyun knew that Jieun was about to lose her tempers and before she could do that, Baekhyun sat next to her and held on to her tiny hands.

It fits perfectly into his and for a moment, he felt like as though Tao had frozen the time.

“I’m sorry.”

That was the only thing Jieun said to Baekhyun. Without thinking much into it, Baekhyun enveloped her into a hug, “It’s not your fault. If I were you, I would’ve reacted the same way as you.”

Jieun smiled at the older boy and said, “I don’t think so. The only time I saw you being grumpy was when we first met.”

Baekhyun chuckled and asked, “And when was that?”

“When we were younger? And also when we met at the bookstore after I woke up,” She replied. Baekhyun was stunned at her answer. He couldn’t believe what he just heard.

“What did you just said? You remembered me?” Baekhyun asked.

“How can I ever forget about you? You’re grumpy face was a dead give-away! I missed you and Baekhui. You guys were the only true friends I’ve ever had but you moved.”

Baekhyun saw Jieun’s pout and couldn’t help but felt guilty for leaving her although it wasn’t his fault, “What about that guy who came over to your house? Wasn’t he your friend?”

“Chunji? Yeah he’s one of my best friends. That guy is just plain weird,” Jieun looked at the friendship band tied around her wrist as she thought of her friends.

“You don’t have a crush on him right?” Baekhyun wanted to reassure himself.

“Me and Chunji? No way! We’re like Tom & Jerry! Plus he’s already attached to my other best friend.”

Baekhyun mentally celebrated when he heard that, “Can I ask you something?”

--

“Luhan ah,” Suho stepped into the room and was greeted by a flying rubik’s cube.

“Mess that up for me,” Luhan said as he stare at the ceiling.

Suho grew confused but did what he was told. “Was I harsh on Kris just now?” Luhan asked.

Suho didn’t know what to reply. A part of him wanted to say yes but at the same time he felt that if he was Luhan, he would’ve reacted the same way. Luhan continued to talk as Suho sat by his side listening to every single thing without interrupting.

Luhan talked about what he read and how they might be able to defeat the Black King. Suho never knew Luhan had this side. He has never seen him so serious before. Everyone knew Luhan as the laziest and one of the playful guys. Seeing him like that, Suho was proud although Luhan was technically older than him.

--

“What is it about?” Jieun asked, curious about Baekhyun’s question.

*Come on Byun Baekhyun! Just ask her!*

“Err…do you like Kris hyung?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah,” Jieun replied.

Baekhyun’s face fell upon hearing her answer. He thought that what Kris told him wasn’t true.

“He’s nice after getting to know him. But he’s just like an older brother to me like Luhan,” Jieun continued.

Baekhyun couldn’t believe what he heard. He wanted to jump up for joy but thought that that’s just weird. After gathering some courage, Baekhyun finally asked her the question he’s been dying to ask, “What do you think of me?”

“Excuse me?” Jieun was caught off-guard. She never knew Baekhyun would ever ask her that question.

“What do you think of me? As a guy not as a childhood friend,” Baekhyun looked so serious, making Jieun a nervous wreck. She has never seen him like this before. Jieun was about to reply when Baekhyun said something she never thought he would say, “I love you Lee Jieun. Will you be my girlfriend?”


EXO WON 2 AWARDS TONIGHT! GAHHH! SO PROUD OF OUR BOYS!!!