BOOK 11

Black Heart

 

“You crazy old man!” Jieun stormed towards her Grandfather, who’s taken aback by her presence.

Principal Lee blinked hard trying to figure out whether he is imagining things, “Ji? Jieun?”

“Don’t Ji me old man!” Jieun was about to explode when Luhan calm her down.

Luhan pat her back and whispered, “Let me handle this.”

Luhan slowly went up to the elder and looked at him straight in the eyes, “Explain. Now.”

The elder found it amusing seeing both of his grandchildren acting like how he was when he was younger, “What is it that you kids want to know about so badly?”

“Why did you separate us? What is this about them having special powers and you setting up this school to train them but left me alone at a school filled with dumb s? Why didn’t you ever contact your only son who is apparently missing right now? Why are you acting like you’ve done nothing wrong?” Jieun couldn’t contain her feelings any longer and blurted out everything she has kept inside her. 

Her grandfather looked up and sighed, “I have my reasons. I didn’t separate the both of you. You’re Dad and his Mom made that decision. Your Dad didn’t want to return to China. He was hoping that one day your Mom will magically appear in front of him again. Your Mom went missing a day after my birthday. I was shocked to hear the news that my dear daughter-in-law is missing without any traces. We searched high and low for her but she was nowhere to be found.”

“About this school, I wasn’t the only one who wanted to set it up. After something bad happened, all the parents wanted to make sure that their children were taught how to use their powers properly and not misuse it. Everyone agreed and apparently they needed someone who can look after these kids. We had a minor election and they happened to vote for me. That was how I became the Principal of this academy.”

Luhan and Jieun turned quiet and listened attentively to their grandfather.

“The reason why you weren’t in this academy is because your Dad didn’t want you to know anything about your powers as he was scared. He was scared that you wouldn’t be able to control it as it is one of the most powerful powers ever. You have the same powers as you Mom, Jieun. Just like her, you were given a necklace with a book in the middle, surrounded by 12 other different powers. Your Mom’s necklace had a phoenix symbol carved right on the book. That phoenix represents your Dad. As for you my dear,” he held out his hands and Jieun placed the necklace in his palm, “Yours have a dragon symbol carved in yours.”

Principal Lee paused and spoke again, “You may stop hiding behind the door Kris and Chanyeol. Come in.”

Kris and Chanyeol slowly entered the office. *Busted* they both thought at the same time.

“As I was saying, that dragon symbol represents your lover. Your soul mate as a matter of fact. To be more specific, he his close to you right now.”

“You mean Luhan?!” Jieun was appalled by her own deductions.

Luhan’s and Chanyeol’s eyes were now as big as D.O. They too were shocked by Jieun’s deduction. Kris on the other hand was calm. Principal Lee noticed that and so he decided to clear up the misunderstandings.

“Luhan is your cousin silly! If he’s your soul mate, wouldn’t that be ? When I say close, what I meant was physically close.”

Jieun scanned the room and the only two persons physically close to her were Chanyeol and Kris.

*Hmm…I wonder who it would be*

“Kris,” your grandfather motioned him to come forward, “I guess by now you would’ve figured out who your fiancé is right?”

Kris slowly nodded his head. He didn’t expect the principal to know anything about this.

The other three soon figured out what was going on.

Chanyeol was so happy and started jumping around, “Kris hyung and Jieun are engaged to each other!”

Luhan’s seemed pleased that Jieun is engaged to someone whom he can trust. He stood up ruffled Jieun’s hair, who is in a state of shock, and walked towards Kris, “You better not break her heart or I’ll make sure to break you limbs. Yeol, let’s find the rest!”

Kris mentally face palmed himself *what have my parents done to me?*