BOOK 17

Black Heart

“KYAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”  Luhan screamed as an apple fell from the table top.

“LUHAN!” Jieun smacked her cousin’s head as she whispered, “It’s just an apple. Will you please calm down?”

Once Luhan has calm down, Kris once again reached out for the doorknob. Suho squeezed his shoulders, signaling him to open the door.

Slowly, Kris twisted the doorknob. Jieun couldn’t take the suspense any longer and so she held on to whoever is nearest to her.

Everyone fixed their gaze towards the door as Kris bravely opens it.

“OMG!” Suho and Luhan panicked, “Oh !”

 “I’m scared!” Jieun tightened her grip on whoever she was holding on to.

“AHHHHHHH!” all six of them screamed as soon as the door opens.

A dark figure was standing right in front of them.

“Jieun ah! Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked Jieun, who was shaking as she held on to him.

Lay and Suho bravely stood beside Kris and Luhan hid behind them.

“Who are you and what do you want from us?” Suho asked.

The figure took a step forward while they took a step back.

Kris protectively placed his hands in front of the boys as the mysterious figure made another move.

“Lee…Ji…Eun…” the man spoke slowly as he scanned the dark room, “Byun…Baek…Hyun….Byun…Baek…Hui”

“What do you want?” Baekhyun replied.

Baekhyun slowly lit up the place bright enough to see the mysterious man’s face.

“It’s you!” Jieun gaped as the man’s identity was unveiled.

“Nice to see you again Jieun.”

--

All 12 of them were gathered in the living room, standing close to each other and as far as they can from the mysterious guy.

“I don’t think I’ve formally introduced myself to you,” the man spoke up when he realised that nobody dared to move an inch near him, “My name’s Firefinger.”

Everyone’s jaws drop when they heard the guy’s name.

“Firefinger? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Chanyeol laughed hysterically as the guy.

“Your name sounds exactly like the guy who plays with fire in the story Black Heart!” this time round Chen was the one who started laughing.

Soon most of the boys and Baekhui started laughing except for Kris and Baekhyun. Maybe not Baekhyun since he’s trying to suppress his laughter but ended up laughing as well.

Jieun on the other hand stood motionless, having no clue as to why her friends are laughing like wild animals.

“Luhan!” Jieun whispered to her cousin, “Why are you guys laughing?”

“You don’t know the character Firefinger?” Luhan asked while Jieun shook her head, “What about Black Heart? I’m sure you’ve heard of it before.”

Yet again Jieun shook her head. Luhan was baffled as to why his cousin has no clue about the famous story book amongst their kind of people. Soon he realised that Jieun grew up differently compared to them which might be one of the reason why she has no idea Black Heart existed.

“Are kids done laughing about my name?” Firefinger asked, “As a matter of fact, I am THE Firefinger from Black Heart.”

And once again all of them including Kris burst out laughing.

“Are you serious?” Baekhui asked trying to contain her laughter.

“How old do you think we are? 5?” Sehun asked.

Firefinger paused as he narrowed his eyes at the two. He was now playing around with his fire, “You sure do act like one.”

“Hey! Stop that! You’ll burn my house down!” Jieun whined.

A few seconds later, Firefinger was drenched from head to toe. Everyone stopped laughing as they turned to face Suho.

“What? That was dangerous you know? He could’ve burnt down this entire mansion and we could’ve all died!” Suho explained his actions, hoping that they’ll thank him.

Firefinger could only roll his eyes at their childishness.

“Hey kids! Listen up!” he shouted, gaining their attention.

“We’re not kids!” Kai retort.

“Well then, stop acting like one and listen to me. If you really wanna know where their parents are at now, you have to help me find the book Black Heart,” says Firefinger.

“How are we supposed to find a book that is no longer on the face of this earth?” Kris asked, obviously annoyed by Firefinger.

“You’ve got to be kidding me right?” Xiu Min chirped in, “Don’t you know that the book mysteriously went missing years ago?”

Firefinger explained to them that there are still two copies left but one of them was taken by the Black King while the other is nowhere to be found.  He also state that the only way to save Jieun and the Byun siblings’ parents is to find that one book before the Black King catches them.

“Jieun, you better wear that necklace. If not, you’ll be in the most danger since you’re not sure of what you’re capable of. And to make it a little less complex, I’ll be helping you kids. Better get some rest! We’ll head off tomorrow!”

Everyone does not have the guts to go against Firefinger and thus each made their way into their respective rooms.

Jieun and Baekhui in one room, Luhan and Sehun in the room next to them, Kris and Chanyeol in the room next to HunHan, D.O and Kai next to the giants, Baekhyun and Tao in the room in front of the girls, Xiu Min and Suho in the room in front of HunHan while Chen and Lay in the room in front of the giants.

Before going into the room, Luhan stood by the corridor looking down, “Where are you going to sleep at?”

Firefinger pointed to where he is standing at and made his way to the couch.

“There’s another room beside the kitchen, you can sleep there if you want. That’s my old room,” with that, Luhan made his way back into his room and locked the doors.

All 13 of them were now in dream land, hoping to regain all the energy they’ve lost today. 

 


Didn't check for any mistakes...so sorry if there's any typos.

To A_MooNStar, thank you! I'm feeling a lot better right now :D

By the way, have you guys seen TEEN TOP's new teaser photo???

NIEL AND CHANGJO LOOKS FREAKING HOT!

But our dear maknae is too young to be exposing his abs although this noona doesn't mind >.<

Gosh Choi Jonghyun! You're just a year younger than me 

Enough spazzing! BYEEEE~~