BOOK 24

Black Heart

 

All heads turned to the direction of the voice. The boys eyed the intruder as they protectively covered the two girls.

“Ahjumma, what are you doing? Why are you dressed like that?” Jieun asked the woman in front of her who is clad in a black tribe outfit as she took a step forward.

“Jieun stand back!” Firefinger rushed to the commotion.

Luhan grabbed his cousin’s wrist and pulled her back to safety, “Who are you?”

“You must be Luhan. I took care of you for a while before you enrolled into the academy,” says the woman in an eerie voice.

Luhan suddenly remembered about the time when Jieun’s mom went missing and this woman showed up at the doorstep asking for a job.

“YOU WERE THE ONE WHO KIDNAPPED MY AUNT!” Luhan exploded.

Jieun gasped as the scene in front of her.

*My mom was kidnapped by her? Luhan knew about this all along? She’s not dead?*

The woman grabbed Luhan’s neck and lifted him up, “I’m the Black Queen!”

She puts more pressure on Luhan’s neck, causing him to run out of breath.

“Luhan hyung!” the younger boys exclaimed.

“Oppa! Let him go you witch!” Jieun shouted.

“Enough!” the Black Queen screamed as he let go of Luhan, causing him to fall flat on the ground.

“What are you doing to my children?” a voice was heard.

“Sir!” Baekhui and the rest bowed respectfully to the Principal.

Firefinger took this opportunity and pulled Luhan away from the evil witch.

 “Look who have joined the fun? I’m glad to be able to meet you again Lee Jonghwan. Where’s your precious wife? Still in China? Or is she dead? Hahahaha!” the Black Queen’s laughter echoed throughout the entire mansion.

“You witch!” Luhan lunged forward but Kris pulled him back.

“Control yourself!” Kris sternly commanded.

The Black Queen turned around and spotted the Byun siblings standing close to each other, “You must be Baekho’s children. Have I told you that your Dad is being held hostage? Your Mom, she's dead right? Daddy couldn't save her?”

The ground began to shake and thunders were heard. Strong winds gushed into the windows of the mansion as the entire surrounding turns icy cold.

The boys couldn’t contain the angers anymore. Jieun and Baekhui clung onto each other as Baekhyun placed a hand over them protectively.

“Don’t you dare talk about my parents like that you animal!” Baekhyun was now fuming with anger.

“Hah! What are you going to do about that? Kill me? Like what your precious mother tried to do when she wanted to safe the both of you?” the Black Queen mocked. 

Jieun concentrated hard on the Black Queen and out of the blue, the Black Queen was above the ground.

Firefinger took this opportunity and threw a fireball at her direction but missed. The Black Queen disappeared but her laughter could still be heard. 

“Are you guys okay?” Kris being the leader, checked to make sure everyone was fine.

“We can’t stay here any longer. It’s too dangerous,” says Firefinger as he paced back and forth the living room.

“This gentleman is right. You kids need to move out,” the Principal chipped in.

“But where to?” asked Xiu Min, “The only place I can think of that is safe is Baekhyun’s house.”

“Since it’s at the outskirts of Seoul, I think it would be safer for us to stay there temporarily,” Chen and Chanyeol added.

Baekhyun thought for a while. It is true that the place was safe but Baekhyun knew that he and Baekhui wasn’t ready to return to that house yet. Painful memories hunt them each time they thought of the house. How their Mom got killed in front of them by the Black Queen herself.

“Oppa, I think it’s time for us to go home,” Baekhui slipped her tiny hands into her brother’s.

Baekhyun squeezed his sister’s hands and asked, “Are you sure you’re ready?”

Baekhui nodded and gave him a weak smile.

It was decided that they teleport there in the evening when everyone’s asleep.

The 14 of them sat around the Principal as he told them about the purpose of his visit.

He wanted to make sure that all of them were saved and he regretted the fact that he came late. The Principal, being the most powerful one out of all of them, decides to stay with them. He wanted to train all 14 of them himself, to prepare them for a battle with the Black King and his army.

“But the only way for us to get to the Black King is through Black Heart. We need to find that book and also someone who can read us into it,” Firefinger told the Principal.

--

Luhan and Jieun were in the kitchen. Jieun wanted to ask about her Mom but decided not to when he saw the red mark on Luhan’s neck.

“Are you alright? Does it still hurts?” Jieun asked as she reached out for his hands, “I’m sorry.”

“You did nothing wrong silly! Plus, didn’t I promise to protect you? If this is the price I have to pay for, I don’t mind as long as you’re safe. Plus we share the same powers so I think you'll be prefectly fine,” Luhan planted a kiss on her forehead and hugs her.

“Don’t worry Luhan, I’ll help you,” the two cousins turns around only to see Kris standing beside the fridge, “If you’re not there to save her, I will. That I can promise.”

Jieun smiled at Kris, happy over the fact that there are people who would risks their lives just to safe hers.

*Kris, I’m starting to accept the fact that you’re my fiancé but I still need time to fully accept you as my soul mate.*

*Jieun, I too, will protect you when none of them could. Trust me on that.* Baekhyun spoke to himself as he watch the three soon-to-be family.


Updated! Sorry for the long wait *Bows*