BOOK 28

Black Heart

 

"I FOUND IT!" Chanyeol's voice filled the entire hut and everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at each other, "I FOUND THE BOOK!"

Jieun and the Byun siblings ran as fast as they could to where Chanyeol is. The three, plus Luhan who just entered the hut, stared at the book and Chanyeol in disbelief.

“I found it there, at the bookshelves in between some books but it was placed the wrong way and I find it weird so I grabbed it and here it is,” Chanyeol explained.

“There must be a clue which will lead us to the Black King or something,” Xiu Min said, “try opening it.”

Luhan grabs the book from Chanyeol and opens it up. He turned it over and began shaking the book till a piece of paper drops on the floor. Suho picked that paper up and read out loud its contents, “To my dear children, please keep this book safe and do not lose it. If it were to fall to a wrong hand, there will be dire consequences.”

“Inside this book are clues as to how you can save those who are being captured by the evil Black Clan and also how you could defeat the King and Queen. There’s a map in this book. It’ll help you find your way to Black World.”

Luhan fills through the pages of the book and true to what was written in the note. A map was found inside it.

Suho continued reading the note, “I know that you kids will do whatever you can to save us. But please, try keeping yourselves out of danger. Love your Father.”

Luhan browsed through the book and scanned through the pages. There were highlighted words, probably some important points, and also notes written all over the pages.

Being the smartest out of all of them, Luhan sat alone in the kitchen reading the book. He had no idea that a children's bedtime storybook has so many hidden meanings.

Luhan paid attention to all of the detailed notes, even the minor ones. He called Sehun, who was busy spending time with Baekhui, into the kitchen.

"Really hyung?" Sehun couldn't believe it when Luhan asked him to create a tiny whirlwind, "Kris hyung will kill me!"

"I'll tell him that it's not your fault. Now will you please work with me?" Luhan was starting to grow annoyed at the maknae.

Sehun, who didn’t want to go against his best friend, who is apparently about to lift him up any moment, did what he was asked to do. At first, Sehun did a small ball of wind with his palm soon it grew bigger and bigger by the seconds.

“That’s it! Make it bigger!” Luhan was thrilled when he saw the fast progress Sehun was making.

“OH SEHUN!” A loud voiced filled the entire hut. Panicked, Sehun lost concentration and the whirlwind was now gone.

Kris stormed into the kitchen and eyed the maknae, “What did I say about using your powers unnecessarily? The neighbours wouldn’t be thankful if they found out that they nearly lost their homes thanks to an immature 18 year old kid who doesn’t know how to control his powers and who has no respect for the rules laid out!”

Sehun looked crestfallen at Kris’ remark. He knew that he was going against the rules but he did it only because Luhan asked him to.

“Kris, let it go,” Luhan stepped in to the conversation. He felt guilty that Sehun was reprimanded for something which is not entirely his fault, “I was the one who asked him to use his powers.”

“Way to be mature Luhan,” Kris said.

“Don’t use that tone on me! I was merely trying to help!” Luhan hollered at Kris for the first time.

Everyone heard their loud voices and hurried to the kitchen were the three were standing. “How was that helping?” Kris asked in a harsh tone.

“Kris, control yourself,” Xiu Min, being the oldest, tried to calm them down.

Seeing Sehun standing in between the older boys, Lay and Kai grabbed his hands and pulled him to the side. Suho asked Luhan what he meant by trying to help. Luhan grabbed the book from the counter table and threw it on the floor.

“Why don’t you guys read these yourselves? All I did was follow what was written in this book. Do you think I’m doing this for fun? Asking Sehun to use his powers just to ‘entertain’ me?” Luhan stared hard at Kris, “My families are in danger. Do you think I’m stupid enough to be playing around at times like this? I know I’m not as serious as you but when it comes to my family business, I know better than to play around.”

With that, Luhan grabbed the rubik’s cube he was playing with and stormed out of the kitchen.

“Hyung,” Sehun called out to Luhan but was ignored.

“I’m sorry for using my powers hyungs,” Sehun apologised to the older boys and head outside. Baekhyun asked his sister to check on Sehun who was sitting at the bench outside the hut.

“Do you guys really have to fight over this right now?” Feeling frustrated, Jieun left the kitchen and slammed the door shut.

“Kris, I know this might now be the perfect time but I guess we should at least allow them to use their powers so that all of us can practice,” Xiu Min said as he pats Kris’ shoulders and stepped out of the kitchen.

“I’ll talk to Luhan hyung. Tao, D.O, Kai, clean up the kitchen please,” with that, Baekhyun went into Luhan and Sehun’s room.

The three boys grumbled but stop when Suho gave them a death glare, “Do it now. Ask Yeol and the rest for help. I’ll follow Baekhyun.”

“Hyung, where are you going?” D.O asked Kris, who was walking towards the door.

“Flying. Use your powers for all I care just don’t hurt yourselves. I’ll be back soon and clean up this mess!” Kris ordered and soon flew away.

“They were the ones fighting and here we are cleaning up the mess,” Kai complained.

“Kim Jongin just shut up and start cleaning,” Lay, being the oldest now, ordered.

--

“Hey,” Baekhui slowly approached Sehun, “Are you okay?” Sehun didn’t look up and continued staring at his shoes.

Baekhui rolled her eyes at her childish boyfriend and kneeled down in front of him. She cocked her head to the side, low enough to see Sehun’s pout. *Cute*

Sehun accidentally made an eye contact with Baekhui and quickly turned his body so that Baekhui is now facing his back.

“Ya Oh Sehun! Will you please stop being such a baby?” Baekhui was now annoyed that Sehun was giving her the cold shoulders, “Fine! Have it your way!” With that, she turned her back on him and elbowed his back.

The two continued elbowing each other. Kris, who was flying above them, watched the cute couple. He couldn’t help but felt guilty for shouting at Sehun but at the same time, he was glad that Baekhui was there to cheer him up.

But never did he expect to see what he was seeing right now, the two maknaes were sharing a sweet kiss with each other.

“I hate you Oh Sehun,” Baekhui was obviously lying about that. “I love you too,” Sehun stole another kiss for Baekhui and gave her a bear hug, “Thank you for being there for me when I needed you.”

Kris was envious of the two *How I wished I have some special like Sehun. Jieun, although you’re in love with Baekhyun, you’re still someone I care for. I love you Lee Jieun.”