BOOK 12

Black Heart

 

“Sir, may I ask you something?” Kris asked politely.

Jieun is caught by surprise seeing how polite Kris is towards her grandfather unlike her.

“What is it Kris?” the elder replied.

“How do you know that the symbol on Jieun’s necklace represents me?”

Principal Lee smiled and asked Kris to sit by Jieun, “Kris, when you were born a symbol of a Dragon and a Book was seen on the sky. The same thing happened to you Jieun. That was how we figured out that you two were meant for each other.”

Kris and Jieun nodded.

“It was the same thing for the rest of us. Just like the both of you, two other people amongst you are also fated to be with each other.”

Kris’ eyes widen, “Do you mean Luhan and Sehun?”

Jieun smacked his arms, “how stupid can you get? My cousin is not gay!”

Principal Lee smiled at the two and shook his head.

Jieun finally understood what her grandfather meant, “Are you by any chance referring to Baekhui?”

Her grandfather nods his head.

“Baekhui and Sehun?!” Kris and Jieun blurted out at the same time.

“Aren’t the both of a match-made in heaven?”

Kris and Jieun gaped upon hearing the elder’s comment.

“You two should probably find the rest. Oh and tell them not take steal too many stuffs.”

The two young ones didn’t know how the principal found out about them trying to steal some equipment.

“Jieun honey, I’m really sorry. I’ll try my best to locate your father,” with that, Principal Lee kissed Jieun on her forehead and led them to the doors.

 “Guilty much?” Kris teased Jieun.

“Shut up. I didn’t know the truth then so I wasn’t completely at fault,” she tried to assure herself.

“Whatever you say ‘Soul mate’. Let’s go find the rest,” Kris walked off leaving Jieun embarrassed.

--

Luhan and Chanyeol headed off to the potion room to check on the Byun siblings.

“Oppa! Are you trying to kill us? You added in the wrong ingredients!” Baekhui was screaming her heads off right now.

“You’re talking to me?” Baekhyun teased his sister.

“Shut up bacon. Will you stop playing around and be serious?”

Baekhyun ruffled his sister’s hair and started working on a new potion.

Luhan and Chanyeol sneaked into the potion room hoping that nobody saw that. Once they’re inside, the two decided to creep behind the two siblings.

Luhan was behind Baekhui while Chanyeol was Baekhyun. On the count of three the two screamed into the ears of their poor victims.

“What the fu-” Baekhui clamped before she managed to curse in the open, “Luhan oppa! You scared me!”

“Yeol! What was that for? Can’t you see I’m working here?” Baekhyun asked as he clutched his chest hoping that his heartbeat will slower down.

Luhan and Chanyeol high-fived each other.

“Are you two done? We’re running out of time,” Chanyeol asked as he stealthily took some potions and kept them inside his bag. *For safety precautions*

“DONE!” both siblings said at the same time.

With that, the four quietly made their way out of the room to find Lay and the rest.

--

D.O and Xiu Min were busy collecting wushu sticks, some daggers, torch lights, candles, match-sticks and other weapons.

D.O paused and sat down on the ground, “I’m tired! Can the weather get any hotter than this?”

“It will be if Chanyeol finds out that you’re slacking instead of helping me,” Xiu Min commented.

Soon enough the room became colder than it originally was, “better now?”

“Baozi hyung! You’re the best!”

“Why is it cold in here?” Jieun asked as she entered the room.

“Are you guys trying to freeze yourselves in here or something?” Kris walked in as he casually grabbed a pen-knife and twirled it around his fingers.

“Stop that before you hurt someone!” Jieun smacked Kris’ arms as she took the pen-knife away from him.

Xiu Min and D.O were confused as to why the two are together, “Did something happen while we’re here? Why are you two together?”

“Luhan and Chanyeol ditched us,” the two spoke in unison.

“Okay…” D.O replied as he eyed the two suspiciously.