BOOK 21

Black Heart

 

“Luhan oppa”

All eyes were now on Jieun. Realising that Jieun is now awake; Xiu Min ran out of the room and screamed, “EVERYONE WAKE UP! JIEUN’S AWAKE! AHJUSSI! GUYS! UP NOW!”

“Damn it Baozi! Keep it down before the neighbours complain,” Kris dragged himself out of the room while the rest literally slammed their doors open and ran to Jieun’s room.

“Noona!” Sehun and Kai shouted from the hallway.

Baekhyun and Tao were the first ones to reach since their room is just across the girls’.

“Is she alright?” Tao asked, worried that Jieun might not be able to handle the pain.

“I’m fine Tao,” replied Jieun weakly, giving the boys a reassuring smile.

One by one, they gave Jieun a hug, even Firefinger.

Baekhyun was the last one to step up since he kept being pushed behind by the maknaes.

Out of the blue, someone cleared their throat a little too loudly, signalling his presence.

Baekhyun released Jieun from his embraced, seeing that Kris was in the room.

*Hyung is her soul mate* Baekhyun slowly backed away and gave space for Kris to walk over.

Kris just stood there staring at Jieun. He wanted to hug her but was afraid that he might injure her more.

“Hyung, what are you waiting for?” Chen asked.

“Yeah. We’ve all hugged her except for you,” D.O commented, “Or do you need privacy?”

With that, Luhan smacked D.O’s head and narrowed his eyes, “Do Kyungsoo, shut up.”

Kris rolled his eyes at the younger boy and kneeled down beside the bed *here goes nothing*

Baekhyun couldn’t stand the sight of the two ‘soul mate’ hugging each other and so he decided to leave the room quietly.

Baekhui saw her brother leaving the room and was about to go after him but was stopped by Chanyeol, “I’ll go talk to him. Stay here.”

--

Baekhyun unknowingly made his way to the garden where he and Jieun sat together. It was 7AM in the morning, and the air was fresh.

Baekhyun breathe in some fresh air and stared at the beautiful flowers in the gardens. It was filled with different types of flowers but only a few caught his eyes and one of them is the Calla Lily and the other Daisy.

Baekhyun’s father once told him that this flower symbolizes magnificence and beauty while Daisy symbolizes innocence and purity.

*They’re just like her. Beautiful, innocent and pure.* He thought as he look at the photo of the girl.

“Hey!” a deep voice disrupted his thoughts.

Baekhyun could tell whose voice that was without needing to turn around, “What are you doing here Yeol?”

“Just checking up on you. Baekhui’s worried when she saw you leaving the room,” Chanyeol dusted off the bench and sat down beside his best friend, “I saw what happened just now.”

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, acting like as though he has no idea what nonsense Chanyeol’s talking about.

“You can lie to the others easily but not me, not Baekhui. I know she’s the girl right?” Chanyeol pointed to the old photo which Baekhyun was holding on to, “Have you told her?”

Baekhyun shook his head, “But I found out that she’s also looking for me.”

“Then tell her!” Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hands but Baekhyun didn’t budge.

“I can’t Yeol,” Baekhyun sounded dejected.

“What do you mean by you can’t? The girl you’ve been looking for all these times is now right in front of you! All of us know how much you love her Baek,” Chanyeol was starting to get annoyed with Baekhyun.

“Kris hyung,” Baekhyun sighed, “He likes her too.”


uh-oh!