BOOK 14

Black Heart

 

The 14 of them were now in Jieun’s neighbourhood. Left and right, everyone greeted her and at times she was the one who greeted them first.

-Kris POV-

*She must’ve been really famous in this neighbourhood*

I strode behind her as I examined her from top to bottom. I must say she’s kinda cute but her temper...Let's just say that it’s one of a kind. She can be all sweet and innocent one moment and the next minute she’ll be threatening to kill you. It sort of made her a tad bit more attractive. You know? She’s different from other girls.

She does not care that her father is sort of famous, which I don't think she had any clue about it. Heck! She doesn’t even care of what others think about her. The way she protected Baekhui at her school just now. The way she stood up for herself and nearly broke that Soojung girl into half. The way she cared for Kai. It made me realised how protective she is of the people she cares about.

And I wouldn’t mind getting married to her. Life with her would be very entertaining wouldn’t it?

Lee Jieun, I like you just the way you are. Don’t ever change.

--

Without Kris’ realization, they were now at Jieun’s front door. Everything seems to be intact except for the fact that the caretaker wasn’t there.

Jieun walked towards the kitchen, only to find a note sitting at the counter.

Jieun dear, I need to go home for two weeks. My son is sick so I have to take care of him. Make sure to dress warmly and eat on time. Take care of yourself while I’m not there and stay safe. I love you darling.

Jieun placed the note in her bag as she turned to face the rest, “want something to eat or drink?” Xiu Min nodded his head frantically. “There’s some cakes and other snacks in the kitchen. Make yourself at home. If you wanna freshen up, there's one bathroom down the hallway on the right and another one on the 2nd floor. Baekhui if you need a change of clothes, I have some to spare you.”

Baekhui nods her head as she followed Jieun into her room. Both girls entered the room and plopped themselves on the queen-sized bed.

Jieun turned to face Baekhui who was busy fiddling with her bracelet, “Did someone special gave that to you?”

“Huh? T-this? Oh no! It’s just a birthday gift from a friend,” Baekhui replied, looking flustered.

Jieun narrowed her eyes, “Are you sure? Cause Sehun wouldn’t like it if you refer him as just a friend and I’m pretty sure that you don’t see him a just a friend.”

Baekhui could only stare at Jieun. She didn't know who Jieun is able to find out that she kinda maybe has a crush on Sehun.

“Unnie, have you ever liked someone?” Baekhui’s voice trails off as she questioned the older girl, “I mean have you ever liked someone you know shouldn’t have?”

Jieun sat up and made Baekhui face her, “Baekhui, there’s nothing wrong with you loving someone. Especially loving your best friend. Do you know wanna something?”

Baekhui blinked upon being asked.

“The best thing that could happen to a girl is having your best friend as your lover. I’m pretty sure Sehun likes you as much as you like him,” Jieun said.

Baekhui gave Jieun an appreciative smile and gave her a hug. Suddenly a knock was heard.

“Sorry for interrupting,” Baekhyun’s head popped out from behind the door, “Come down once you’re done washing up. D.O cooked something for us. And Jieun, there might be some mess in the kitchen. BYE!”

With that, Baekhyun closed the door and ran off. A few minutes later, another knock was heard.

This time, it was Kris who knocked, “Err, do you have an extra towel? I kinda need to take a quick shower.”

The two girls looked at the tall guy whose clothes was dirtied with kimchi.

“What happened to you?” Jieun asked as she walked towards her closet, grabbing a towel and a hoodie for Kris.

“Your dear cousin and Xiu Min were playing around with their powers and I happened to be their prey,” Kris replied as her tried to get the stain off his shirt.

*Figured* the two girls thought at the same time.

“Take it off,” Jieun said which caught Kris off the guard, “what I meant was take it off when you’re in the toilet and hang it at the door knob. I’ll wash it for you.”

Jieun passed him the towel and shirt. Kris blushed as their hands touched. He thanked her and shut the door behind him.

Jieun turned around only to have Baekhui giving her a mischievous look, “Unnie, he likes you.”

Jieun’s eyes literally went D.O upon hearing the comment.

“Kris oppa rarely acts like that around us. I guess since you’re his soul mate, that’s why his acting that way. But the more I look at it, especially how he examined you while we’re on our way here, I can tell that he genuinely likes you.”

Jieun gave the younger girl a smile as she pushed her into the washroom. She thought about what happened between her and Kris in school just now and she somehow felt something different.

I’m not too sure with what I’m feeling right now but I’m afraid that I’ll need time. I’m sorry…Kris.


I'M BACK! 

Had Computerised Accounting exam just now. It was easy so YAY!

Will be having another round of exam on Monday but I'll try to update if I can.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ^^