BOOK 23

Black Heart

 

Weeks has past and all of them have been busy searching and racking their brains trying to figure out the exact location of the book. It was 11AM in the morning and yet none of them were awake.

Firefinger decided that they deserve the rest and so came to a conclusion to not wake them up while he prepares some toasts for them.

*RING! RING! RING*

“Hyung, answer the call,” Sehun nudge the sleeping boy.

“Answer it yourself,” Luhan replied as he pulls the cover over his face.

Sehun grabbed his pillow, smacking Luhan’s face and reached for the phone, “Hello?”

“Luhan?” the person asked.

“He’s sleeping. Who is this?” Sehun asked back.

“I’m his grandfather.”

*Grandfather? Wait! The Principal!*

Flustered, Sehun sat up and cleared his throat, “Good morning Sir! I’m Sehun.”

“Ah Sehun! Morning son,” the Principal replied, “Can you help me deliver this message to Luhan? Tell him that I’m coming over later in the afternoon. Say around 3PM.”

As soon as he hung up the phone, Sehun shot up from the bed and stood at the hallway, “WAKE UP! THE PRINCIPAL IS COMIING!”

Sehun went around knocking on the doors. At some point he banged hard and yet, there wasn’t any response. *You guys forced me to do this.*

He opened all the doors of the rooms and stood in the middle of the hallway. He concentrated hard and soon a gush of wind enters the mansion via the windows. Soon the winds became stronger and things started flying around.

“OH SEHUN!” the hyungs, Jieun and Baekhui shouted and cursed at the maknae.

“You guys made me do it!” he hurriedly ran down the stairs and shouted, “The Principal is coming!”

Sehun safely locked the toilet before someone kills him.

Everyone else scrambled out of their rooms and fought for the toilets.

“Ji! Let me use your toilet once you girls are done,” D.O asked.

“How bout no?” Jieun replied back, teasing D.O.

“PLEASEEEEE! I beg you! I promise not to annoy you for the rest of the day,” D.O begged Jieun hoping to get a yes from her.

“Fine!”

Now that they’ve all freshen up and full from the brunch made by Firefinger, all of them decided to watch some dramas on the TV while waiting for the arrival of their guests.

Half way through the drama, Lay got up from his seat and collected all the potted plants that were ruined by Sehun earlier just now.

Jieun watched in amazement as Lay carefully and attentively attended to each flowers.

*What’s so fascinating about that? This girl is really one-of-a-kind.*D.O thought.

D.O was caught off-guard as a pillow smacked right into his face, “Hey! What’s your problem woman?”

“Apparently you Do Kyungsoo,” Jieun stuck her tongue out at her friend and said, “Did you forgot your promise?”

D.O has forgotten about the fact that Jieun reads minds and mentally swore himself. He grabbed the pillow and threw it towards Jieun’s direction. However a protective layer was formed around her, Lay and Baekhui.

“Baekhui that’s not fair!” D.O whined, “Kris hyung! Baekhui used her powers!”

“I can see that dummy!” Kris retorts as he focus on the drama.

Jieun and Baekhui giggled at D.O and the three stuck their tongues out at each other.

“Kyungsoo, you need to grow up,” Tao commented.

“Look who’s talking! Mr cry-baby!”

“D.O, he’s not a cry-baby,” Lay chipped in, “Just a little sensitive. Right Tao?”

“Xing Xing ge is right!” Chen added in.

“Ughh I give up on all of you!” D.O then grabbed the pillow on Jieun’s lap and placed it properly so that he can use her legs as a support.

Jieun jokingly kicks his head which earned her a glare from D.O, “Sorry Umma!”

She placed the pillow back to its position and pulled D.O’s shoulders so that he’s leaning on her legs comfortably.

*Do Kyungsoo, I’m watching you.* Luhan, Baekhyun and Kris thought at the same time.

Firefinger was busy looking around the house while the kids were enjoying themselves. He entered the caretaker’s room and examined the room properly.

As he was scanning through the bookshelves, Firefinger’s eyes fell upon a picture frame of a lady, carrying a little boy.

*Oh no! This can’t be true. Jieun’s in danger!*

“Well, well, well, look at you kids.”


Gonna start writing a new fic soon. I've already planned the story out but will only focus on it once I'm done with this one.