BOOK 1

Black Heart

 

“Jieun! Wake up! Time for school,” shouted Mr Lee from the kitchen.

It was a typical Monday morning for the Lee family. Mr Lee will get up as early as 5.30am in the morning to prepare breakfast for his only daughter Jieun. Although they have a caretaker at home, Mr Lee would rather prepare breakfast for his daughter on his own to make up for the times he went away for business, which is searching for books.

30 minutes have passed and Jieun is still not in the dining room. Mr Lee couldn’t take it anymore and made his way up to his daughter’s room.

He stood in front of the girl’s room and knocked on the door twice, “Lee Jieun, if you’re not out by the count of three, I’ll confiscate all of your books and ban you from the library! One! Two! Thr…”

“I’m out!” Jieun opened her door and kissed her father’s cheeks, “Morning Dad! So what’s for breakfast? I’m hungry.”

Jieun grabbed her books and stuff them in her school bag while Mr Lee made his way down to the dining room.

“Good morning Ahjumma! You look pretty today,” Jieun greeted the caretaker.

The caretaker served the food and gave Jieun a peck on her cheeks, “You too, look beautiful Jieun. Now eat your food else you’ll be late for school.”

Soon, both father and daughter were done with their meal. Jieun went up to the mirror to check on herself before heading to the front door.

“Do you happen to have a boyfriend because it seems like you’ve been checking yourself out a lot lately,” asked Mr Lee.

“Dad! I do not have a boyfriend. Plus, I am the daughter of Mr Lee Jinyoung right? That means I have to make myself presentable,” she replied with a forced smile.

Jieun was obviously lying about keeping up her image. In fact, she couldn’t care less about it and everyone in school knew about her personality.

Mr Lee ruffled his daughter’s hair while they made their way to the front door. Jieun saw a luggage right in front of the door and looked up to her father, “Again? For how long?”

“2 months? Maybe shorter. I’m going to France & Persia to looks for books. And someone invited me over to look over some books.”

--

very short chapter but I hope you liked it >.<

Do comment so I that I can improve ^^