He oppose

Difficult love.

  For the next few days, you got better and you were no longer feeling sick. Your fever went down and you weren't crying anymore. Why? Because Kai came to see you every day and he stayed for almost the whole afternoon and sometimes even night. Immediately after school, he would visit you. He chose you over EXO because he knew you needed him more and EXO understood. They sent their regards and flowers to you through Kai because they knew your brothers wouldn't allow them to visit you. 

  Daehyun had also informed your school to let you rest for another day and you would return to school after Christmas since tomorrow's Christmas. Kai collected all your homework for you and would sit by your side to teach you what the teacher had taught. He even copied notes for you. Usually, he wouldn't listen in class. He would either pluck in his ear piece, sleep or doodle. But for your sake, he did what he thought he would NEVER do, which was to copy notes. 

-------------------- 

  "Oppa, why did you copy these notes? You didn't copy it yourself, did you?" You twirled the pencil with your fingers as you laid your head on the desk, facing Kai. 

  Kai looked at you and smiled meekly. 

  "I knew it. How much did you pay Ilhoon?" You sat up straight and questioned him. Ilhoon was the smartest boy in your level. He topped your level every year and nope, he's not a nerd. He's a hot boy who is smart, handsome, gentleman, basically everything. But why didn't you fall for him? Because only Kai has the key to your heart. 

  "Hey! I copied it myself. You can ask Suho Hyung! Or Kris. Or anybody! I copied it for you and you only. Unappreciative brat." Kai crossed his arms and pointed his nose in the air, showing that he was unhappy with your words. 

  "Who knows? They might be on your side. You copying notes is just impossible." You shook your head as you chuckled. 

  "Fine. I'll never copy notes for you ever again. I sacrifised my beauty sleep to copy those for you but you don't appreciate it at all. I hate you. You don't trust me anyway." Kai faked a sniffle. 

  "Aww, baby I'm sorry. Okay, I believe you. I really do. I was just joking. Come on, don't be angry." You tugged his sleeve, doing some aegyo which was totally not your type but you would do anything for Kai just like how he would do anything for you. 

  "Your sorry doesn't cure." Kai continued to fake more sniffles. 

  "What can I do to make you accept my apology?" You pouted. 

  Kai didn't say anything but he bent down and pointed to his cheek, smiling slyly. You got it immediately. He wanted a kiss on his cheek. 

  You looked at him disapprovingly but he tilted his body so that his cheek was facing you and he closed his eyes while smiling cheekily. You pouted but moved in to give him a peck but when you were about to peck his cheek, he turned his face, to face you immediately and both of you kissed. 

  Your eyes widened slightly in shock and you saw his satisfied face. 

  "Hey! That's not fair! I'll never kiss you, ever again!" You pushed him away immediately and picked up your pencil to start doing your work again. 

  "Come on baby, don't be angry." Kai cooed at your ear but you pretended to be angry. 

  "Baby baby baby." He hugged your waist. You couldn't help but to smile a little. *My boy.* 

-------------------- 

  "Baby, are you angry?" Kai pouted when you didn't answer his previous question which was if you were going to school after Christmas. He knew you were going to school. He just wanted to ask to test if you were still angry at him. If you were, you wouldn't answer him. And you didn't. 

  You turned your face away from him and pulled your loose pens and pencil case away from him. 

  "Baby!" He pulled your chair out and ran in front of you to pull you up from your seat by your waist so that you were clinging onto him like a baby koala. 

  "Oppa!" You wrapped your legs around his waist to prevent from falling as you punched his chest lightly. 

  "Are you still angry, baby?" He looked up to you, pouting. 

  "No, I'm not, silly." You hugged his neck, looking down into his eyes. You couldn't continue to pretend that you were angry at him. It was just too hard. How can anyone stay angry at such an adorable and sweet boy? 

  "That's great. You scared me. I thought you were angry at me." He smiled, a relieve one. 

  "I can't stay angry at you.." You looked into his eyes and leaned in. 

  You brought your head down, staring at Kai's luscious lips while Kai tilted his head upwards so that he could kiss you better. 

  When both of your lips were about to touch, the door burst open. Both of your eyes flew to the door. Thankfully or maybe not, it was Daehyun. 

  Daehyun gawked at the two of you and you jumped down from Kai's embrace immediately. You blushed a deep red just like Kai. 

  "Were you all about to get on bed?" Daehyun didn't close his mouth. 

  "Oppa! No we weren't and oppa, don't you know there's such thing called knocking the door?" You frowned but the color of your cheeks didn't get any lighter. *My brothers are the number 1 ers.* 

  "I'm watching the both of you. You better behave. Himchan said no skinship right?" Daehyun glared at Kai which made him look away because of the embarrassment. The worse thing was when you are displaying some kind of affection for your partner, your partner's family member sees it. 

  "Get your butts downstairs. We've got some discussion to do." Daehyun gave Kai a last glare and left your room. 

  When he left, you looked at Kai and he looked at you before both of you burst into a huge laughter. 

  "Next time we should lock the door." Kai suggested as he held your hand and you laughed. "We should." 

-------------------- 

  The two of you went down hand in hand and when you saw Yongguk, you held Kai's hand tighter. Kai didn't want to let go either. He wasn't afraid anymore because somehow, Yongguk had already agreed. 

  All your brothers were seated on the sofa. Kai grabbed a chair for you and another for himself. While he was taking the chair, the living room was silent. *Why is the atmosphere so awkward?* 

  You sat on the chair and Kai sat beside you. You grabbed his hand and pulled his hand onto your lap. 

  "Okay. We're gathered here to discuss about the both of you. We should all know. I want the opinions of all of you. Whether or not they should be together." Yongguk pointed to your brothers. 

  "Jongup, you first." Yongguk pointed to Jongup. 

  "You should know. I'm against it." Jongup said it really straightforward. 

  *Expected.* You thought. You squeezed Kai's hand tighter, trying to tell him that it would be alright. 

  "What about you, Daehyun?" Yongguk asked. 

  "I'm fine with it. I think it's about time we give her the freedom she deserves. And I hate to admit it but this boy here, he loves her a lot more than some of us do. And don't you think that our baby girl's recovery is all because of him? It's because of him, ~~~ is recovering. This is something none of us here can do. We ought to thank this boy here. I would never forgive the person who caused her to be like that if she didn't recover. It doesn't mean that I forgive the guy who caused her to fall sick though." Daehyun casted a glare at Jongup who looked away immediately. 

  *Come on, oppa. Don't stir a fight.* You thought worriedly. 

  "Jung Daehyun. Your words are sharp. We don't need such comments. Just tell me if you're for or against. That's enough." Yongguk growled lowly. 

  "But I want to. Because you know that HE went over the line. And so did YOU." Daehyun emphasized on the words 'he' and 'you'. 

  Yongguk curled his fist into a ball but he swallowed his anger hard to prevent himself from blowing up. 

  "Enough. Just move on and ask the others." Himchan spoke up. He was always the one who would step in if things were about to get worse. 

  Yongguk asked your other brothers one by one. They all agreed, in a not so straightforward way. Now it was left with Yongguk. 

  Everyone stared at him anxiously, expecting an answer. Though Kai already knew Yongguk's answer, he was still anxious. What if Yongguk went back on his words? What if Yongguk was drunk just now. There were so many what ifs running in his head. 

  "I'm fine with the relationship." Yongguk confessed. 

  Everyone gawked at him like he just spoke some alien language. None of them expected that. Except Kai of course. Kai was proud of himself because it might be his words that convinced Yongguk. 

  You maintained calm outside but you were excited and elated inside. You were so glad he agreed to it but you didn't want to let it show because you were still angry at him. Remember? That meant that no one was against it. Or maybe just one. 

  "What the hell!" Jongup shot up from his seat. "No way! I'm against it." Your face fell immediately. Kai's face fell as well. He knew you were utterly disappointed. So this time, he was the one who squeezed your hand tighter. 

  "Majority wins, Jongup." Daehyun gritted his teeth. 

  " it. I said no means no." Jongup gritted his teeth as well. 

  "And who do you think you are, Lee Jongup?" Youngjae shot up from his seat too. "Who are you to go against it?" Youngjae made his way to Jongup. 

  "Because I'm her brother!" Jongup shouted. 

  "So am I! So are we!" Youngjae shouted louder than Jongup. 

  "You're in no position to go against it so stop all your nonsense. It's none of your business." Youngjae was right in front of Jongup by now and he was so close to Jongup. They were face to face an Youngjae's eyes pierced through Jongup's. 

  " off! Who says I'm not in the position?I'm her brother for 's sake!" Jongup stood up, pushed Youngjae away with both his strong arms. It was hard but you could tell Jongup didn't use his strength fully. He didn't want to hurt Youngjae. Yet. He was only warning him. 

  "SIT DOWN, BOTH OF YOU. And, mind your language, Jongup." Yongguk warned the both of them. His patience was running out. He hated when brothers fight. He would try not to fight with his brothers and so, he would make sure brothers don't fight as well. 

  "I don't care! I'm against it. That's final!" Jongup sunk back down in the sofa but before anyone could say anything, you exploded. You couldn't take it anymore. 

  "WHY ARE YOU AGAINST IT! I DON'T GET IT! GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON!" You shot up from your seat and everyone was taken aback. Especially Kai, because he hadn't seen you so angry before and you were even screaming. 

  "BECAUSE I AM AGAINST IT. I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE YOU ANY REASON MISSY." Jongup exploded as well. No one knew he was the most protective brother. Over protective brother actually. Everyone thought it would be Yongguk but no, it was Jongup. 

  "It doesn't mean that if you don't have a successful relationship, I can't have it! You're just jealous! She didn't give you the perfect relationship you wanted!" You screamed. 

  Those words pierced through Jongup's heart. Jongup dropped his head and his eyes turned watery immediately. 

  "Lee ~~~!" Himchan frowned. 

  Only then, you realized. *God. What did I just do? I shouldn't have reminded him of his past..* 

  "O-oppa, s-sorry." You apologized immediately. You wished you could take back your words but Jongup remained silent. 

  Jongup had a girlfriend in the past. They were the happiest couple ever. Everyone was envious of their sweet relationship but on Jongup's first birthday that he celebrated after he had gone steady with her, she didn't turn up. Jongup took it well and pretended that she was busy. But she actually left him. 

  Jongup called her and she refused to pick up his call until the next day, she answered. But it wasn't exactly a she. A male picked up the call. He claimed to be her boyfriend. Jongup didn't believe it. He took it as a prank. Until he saw it with his own eyes. They were cuddling and kissing. From that day onwards, Jongup swore to never get a girlfriend and of course, it took him a long time to heal the wound. 

  Seeing Jongup crumble on the floor like that, the anger for him disappeared almost immediately. He looked so fragile. 

  You rushed over to him immediately. Your brothers wanted to go too, but it was better if it was only you. Because you caused it. So, they decided not to. 

  "Oppa.. I'm sorry." You knelt down in front of him and he finally responded by lifting up his head to look at you. "I-I" You stammered. 

  "It's okay, ~~~. You're right.." He whispered softly as his hot tears streamed down slowly. "It's right. But I wasn't jealous that you could have such a perfect relationship. I was just worried. That relationship made me paranoid. It made me felt like all relationships are like that. I was just worried that it might happen to you. Because you're our baby girl." 

  "Oppa, I'm so sorry. I was just angry. I don't understand why you don't want me to be with Kai. He isn't bad. He really isn't bad. He loves me a lot. And I do too." You took a glance back at Kai. 

  "No, I'm the one that's at wrong. I'm sorry. And I was so sorry I laid my hand on you. I'm really really sorry. I don't know what I should do to make it up to you." He caressed your face as a tear slipped. 

  "It's okay, oppa. Let bygones be bygones. Now that it's over, let's put it behind and let's not talk about it anymore alright? And about her, I'm sure you'll find someone better, oppa. Someone who deserves you." You threw yourself into his arms and hugged him tightly. It's been a long time since you felt his tight and strong embrace. 

  He caressed your hair and you pulled away slowly. "We're fine now?" You smiled at him. 

  "Of course, as long as you forgive me." He smiled. 

  "Not yet." You crossed your arms and Jongup's face fell. 

  "Not until you allow me to be with Kai." You broke into a smile again. 

  "Of course I will." He patted your head. 

  "Then we're fine now!" You stood up and gave him a wide smile. 

  "So.. It's a happy ending right?!" Zelo copied Yongguk's smile. 

  "Nope. Not yet." Himchan shook his head and finger. 

  Everyone looked at him, confused. 

  "Now that Jongup had apologized, I'm sure someone else has to apologize as well." Himchan looked in Yongguk's direction. 

  Yongguk dropped his head and took a deep breath before facing you. "Baby girl, I'm sorry." He apologized sincerely as he walked towards you. 

  "It's okay, oppa." You walked towards him as well and gave him a hug. He bent down to your level to give you a peck on your forehead. "You're too nice, baby girl. You need to change your personality." He advised and you let out a chuckle. 

-------------------- 

  "Let's prepare for Christmas!" Yongguk hollered. 

  "You can stay over tonight but you're not allowed in her room." Yongguk warned Kai. 

  "I'm allowed to stay to tonight?!" Kai widened his eyes in pleasant surprise. 

  "You can leave if you don't want to." Yongguk shrugged. 

  "No no no! Of course I'll stay!" Kai grinned and pulled you by your waist, closer to him. 

  *These few days was so hectic I didn't even realize Christmas was nearing. Until now.* 

  Special appearance, Jung Ilhoon. This chapter is really dramatic. Hehe. I know. Oh and the Christmas thing was quite sudden. I know. But since it's gonna be Christmas soon, christmas mood is on! (: MERRY CHRISTMAS GUISE! I LOVE ALL OF YOU SUPPORTERS!

  Song of the chapter : Zia, One year