Men's talk

Difficult love.

  When Kai stepped in, Yongguk spun the chair around and faced him with a slight surprise look on his face.

  Yongguk cocked an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure it says there 'intruders are not allowed'. Do you not know how to read English?" Yongguk spoke with much hostility as he pointed to the sign at the side of the cardboard. 

  Kai saw the sign and bowed to Yongguk. "I'm sorry if I intruded your private space but I would like to talk to you, hyung." 

  Yongguk did not want to hear a single word from Kai. He felt that Kai was the reason you were behaving that way and that your behavior was ridiculous. 

  "I would not like to listen to you. The exit is that way. Please leave." Yongguk stretched his hand out and pointed to the door. 

  "Hyung, we need to talk. We really have to. Don't you think it's time to come to a conclusion about the relationship between ~~~ and I?" Kai asked. 

  "The conclusion is simple. Both of you break up. It's simple. And that's only right by the way." Yongguk pointed his nose in the air, really arrogant. "Go." He repeated in a flat tone. 

  "Have you not thought about what makes ~~~ happy then, hyung?" Kai asked again. "It's not going to help if you all continue to go against it and if we going on secret dates. I know I'm really shameless to say this but I think I'm the one who makes ~~~ happy. And I'm the only one who can." 

  "Little kid, are you telling me off and are you telling me that we're useless and we can't make her happy?" Yongguk stood up from the chair and walked towards Kai, his eyes piercing through Kai's soul. 

  "No, hyung. But really, have you ever thought about what makes ~~~ happy? Yes, you want her to be happy. I understand. All brothers do. You try as much as you can to make her happy. But have you ever asked her what makes her happy? Have you ever asked for her opinion? You can't always make the decision for her. You have to ask her. I know I'm in no position to say this but you should really give her he private space. She's a growned-up already.." Kai explained. 

  "I don't need to hear your words. I'm glad you know that you're in no position to say that. So why bother to even say that? I wouldn't listen to you. You're just a kid. Get out." Yongguk gritted his teeth. 

  "No, Hyung. I would not go out. Not until you hear me." Kai was really persistent. 

  "Then let me ask you. How do you know you love ~~~? Just how much do you love her? And how much would you sacrifice for her?" Yongguk stepped closer to Kai, forcing Kai to step back a little because Yongguk was somewhat threatening him. 

  "Hyung, love is not about sacrificing. I know it requires some sacrificing and if you want the answer, I would tell you. I would sacrifice anything. I repeat, anything, for ~~~. That includes my time, my heart and even my life. I know I love ~~~ when I can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than my dreams. My heart aches and I am sad when I see her sad. That's love. I'm attracted to others but I stick to her without needing a glue. That's love. I happily accept her because I love her for who she is. That's love. I'd never change anything about her except.." He stopped and Yongguk poked him threateningly. 

  "Except what?" 

  "Her last name." Kai broke into a small smile and Yongguk, for a moment, felt his sincerity. "And I'd definitely give up my life for her. I told you before. That's love, Hyung. I really love ~~~ a lot. I really do. And I'm really worried about her right now. I don't know what exactly happened but I can tell that ~~~'s really upset and disappointed right now. I don't know why though. I didn't want to ask her too much about it. I believe she would tell me if she wants to. I just hope you can understand that we both love each other a lot." Yongguk could see Kai's sincerity in his eyes. 

  "You hurt her and you die." Yongguk warned and left the room. 

  Did Yongguk agreed to it already? His sentence had a hidden meaning. He had already agreed. He just had to keep his pride. He couldn't just agree like that right? 

  Kai tilted his head in confusion.*What does that mean?* It took three seconds and finally, Yongguk's words sunk in. *Hyung agreed?! Woohoo!* He jumped up and pumped his fist up in the air. He didn't expect to convince Yongguk so easily. It was unexpected. Everyone thought he would be the hardest to convinced. And there was someone who was still not convinced. And yes, that's Jongup. 

-------------------- 

  "What took you so long, oppa?" You frowned when you saw Kai step in. 

  Kai rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Stomach ache. Sorry." 

  "I though something happened to you." You continued to frown. 

  "Yeah, as if any of us would mistreat him. And yeah, you can only see Kai. You can't see any of us." Daehyun rolled his eyes. 

  "Ungrateful brat." Himchan ruffled your hair. 

  "Oppa.." You chuckled a little. Though you still felt a little weak, you definitely had much more energy than before. Ever since Kai came, he was the sunshine. He gave you the energy to speak, to laugh and to move about. At least simple movements like tossing and turning around. 

  "We'll leave. Clean her up. Don't try anything funny or I'll skin you. NO SKINSHIP." Himchan threatened. 

  "I know what you're thinking. You better not do that. Just clean her limbs and face is enough. Insides are not needed. If it requires you to remove her clothes, NO." Daehyun reminded. 

  "Oppa!" You blushed while Kai laughed. "No worries, hyung." 

  When both of them finally left the room, Kai commented. "Your brothers sure like skinning me alive."

 

------------------ 

  "~~~ baby." Kai called as he dabbed the wet towel on your forehead. 

  "Neh oppa?" You answered him softly. 

  "Do get well soon okay? I don't want my baby to be sick. My baby should be healthy and not sick. I would definitely not want to celebrate Christmas with a sick girl." Kai tugged the loose strand of hair behind your ear and kissed your forehead. He had decided not to tell you about the talk between him and Yongguk previously yet. He wanted to wait for you to recover before all of you, your 6 brothers, him and you, sit down to discuss together. 

  "Oppa, as long as you promise you wouldn't leave me, I would promise you that I would get well soon. I would recover before Christmas and we can spend a sweet and white Christmas together." You made a deal with him and held up your pinky. 

  "Of course, sweetie. I would never leave you. I promise. Everything will be alright and as long as you're well, Christmas is gonna be fabulous." He hooked onto your pinky tight and kissed your hand. 

  Song of the chapter : DBSK, Humanoids 

  It's Christmas Eve here in my timezone already! Christmas Eve. Teehee. Looking forward to Christmas. Anybody with me? (;