First Valentine's Date

Difficult love.

  You stomped your feet hardly on the ground as you mentally cursed Kris. *Aish, Kris oppa. Annoying . Miwoyo! What if oppa doesn't like my messy hair?* You creased your forehead but it didn't last long. As soon as an arm hooked around yours, the lines on your forehead disappeared immediately. *Jongin oppa.* You unhooked your arm, leaned on his shoulder and took his hand instead without looking at him. "What happened sweetheart? Did anyone bully you?" His voice sounded like music to you. "Ani." You grinned at him, forgetting about your anger just now. He nodded as he shook his head and held your hand tighter.

  "So, where shall we go for our date?" He swung your hand excitedly. "Let's go there first." You pointed to the bench near the small fountain. Kai was curious but he nodded and didn't ask why.

-------------------

  "Here." You took out the baby blue lunchbox from your bag and placed it on the bench, between you and Kai. 

  Kai looked at the lunchbox then at you and blinked at you. "Go on, open it." You urged him. He took the lunchbox up and opened it. 

  "Wah.." His mouth dropped open. "Did you make this?" He looked back up at you. You nodded and rubbed the back of your neck. "It's kind of ugly right?" You remembered that you had prepared the lunchbox in a hurry in the morning.

  "It's not about whether it's nice or not. As long as you made it with love, which I'm sure you did, it would be good. And by the way, it's not ugly. It's as pretty as you. Thank you ~~~." You flushed red at the compliment. "Anything for you, oppa. I'm glad you like it." 

  Both of you shared the lunchbox, feeding one another lovingly. "Say ah." You opened your mouth and said 'ah' as you were told. Kai smiled and 'flew' the food into your mouth like an airplane. You chewed on the food, smiling giddily at him.

  After lunch, both of you arrived at a basketball court. "Why are we here, oppa?" "To play basketball of course." You were about to protest that you didn't want to perspir but stopped. *Why not? I'm sure he didn't know I was a basketball player. He's going down!* You thought evilly yet nodded innocently at him.

  Kai was about to walk to the store to borrow a ball when you pulled him back. He blinked at you due to the sudden pull. "Just the two of us? It wouldn't be fun. Why not we call EXO?" You suggested. "Nah uh. No way. Firstly, if EXO comes, the court would be overcrowded. Secondly, no ers allowed. Thirdly, I'm sure they're not available right now because those girls had already dragged most of them away for a date. One-sided date though. Poor guys. They were afraid that they break their hearts if they rejected them." He laughed and you laughed as well, thinking of how their date would be like. "Thank god I'm taken already." Kai patted his chest. 

  Kai borrowed the ball from the ahjusshi and both of you went to the court. "Can you help me hold this for awhile?" He threw the ball lightly to you and you caught it with your fast reflexes. Kai started to take off his shirt. 

  You gawked at him, partly because of his toned abs. "Oppa! What are you doing?" You covered your eyes and flushed a deep red. Kai chuckled. "Sweetheart, I didn't know you were a bumpkin." He teased you earning a nudge from you. "Okay okay. I mean, look at those guys there. They're not wearing their shirts as well. It's normal for guys to not wear their shirts when they're playing ball right?" He pointed to the guys playing at the second court. Indeed, they weren't wearing shirts. 

  "Wait." This time, Kai covered your eyes. "You're not allowed to see anyone not wearing their shirts. Only me." You laughed. "Araso oppa. I'll only look at you." You assured him.

  The basketball match ended soon, and you won the game. Firstly, it was because you had some experiences and you could do some fanciful lay ups and shoot three-pointers. However, you would've lost to Kai, IF he didn't give in to you. The whole time, Kai played without his shirt on. You couldn't help but to admit that he was hot and that you got distracted a few times because of him.

-------------------

  Both of you went to change into some new clothes that you all had bought earlier so that both of you weren't soaked and smelly. In no time, both of you were strutting down the streets with hands locked. Kai was wearing a simple white V-neck shirt with a pair of jeans while you wore a simple white shirt as well just that you weren't wearing jeans like him but a red skater skirt.

  "Oppa, this is really beautiful." You stopped at one of the shops and picked up a pair of couple keychain. It was a pair of Rilakkumas keychain just that they were different in color. One was yellow and the other was brown. Kai nodded approvingly and took the keychain from your hand and headed straight for the counter, obviously not wanting you to pay for it. 

  "Ahjumma, how much is this?" Kai paid for it and left the shop, holding your hands. 

  "~~~-ah, give me your phone." You nodded and handed him your phone. He hung the keychain properly on your phone and smiled satisfyingly. *Something's missing.* He frowned. You noticed his frown and asked him worriedly. "Is there anything wrong, oppa?" Just then, your wallpaper caught his eye. It was a picture of Jung Ilhoon. Jealousy took over him immediately. *So this is the thing that's missing.*

  "Let's take a picture too, shall we?" You nodded and smiled. Kai angled your phone properly and both of you leaned onto each other's head. He captured it and set it as your wallpaper. "Don't change it okay?" You nodded and tucked your phone back into your pocket, leaving the keychain to dangle outside. "I'm sure that I'm much more handsome than that guy in there." He mumbled.

  Both of you continued shopping. And eating, of course.

  The day was soon coming to an end. It was evening already and Kai brought you to one of the posh restaurants. As Kai flipped the menu outside while you were busy peeking inside, fascinated by the interior design. "Oppa, are you sure we're going in there? I think we should go somewhere else." You tugged onto the corner of his shirt.  

  "Are you afraid I'm not able to pay?" He pretended to be offended. 

  You pressed your lips into a line. "You know that's not what I meant." 

  He touched your lips and assured you. "I know. Come on in." He pulled your hand and led you into the restaurant, following the waiter.

  The waiter settled both of you at the cozy corner of the restaurant. Inside, it was dim. The seats were shades of maroon with golden outlines and studded with crystals at the side.  The tables were also the same. Even the lights, they looked like crystals as well.

  The waiter approached to pull the chair out for you but Kai held his hand out. "I'll do it." The waiter nodded and stepped back. You gave him an appreciative smile and he pulled out the chair for you to go in before pushing it in for you to sit on. He took a bow like a gentleman who just finished performing and you laughed.

  "Two medium rare steaks please." Kai ordered. 

  "Any wine for you sir?" The waiter asked politely.

  Kai looked at you and you looked at him before both of you erupt into a huge laughter. The waiter gave you a weird look. "We're underage." You laughed. "I see." He laughed as well. He repeated Kai's order and left to hand the order over to the chef.

  "He thinks we're old." You continued laughing. "It's only you. Don't drag me in. I'm young." Kai stuck his tongue out. You rolled your eyes. "Whatever."   "Anyways ~~~ baby, I've got something or you as well." He snapped his fingers and the waiter came back with a bouquet of red roses in his hand. He passed the bouquet of roses to Kai and left.

  "For you ~~~ baby." Kai gave you the bouquet of red roses. "Thirty-six stems means that my heart belongs to you. And I know you love chocolates. So I added some chocolates here and there myself. It looks kind of messy." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. You stared at him for a long time and did not react. "Why baby? Is it ugly? Do you not like it?" You snapped out of your daze and took the bouquet from him. "No, it's not ugly. It's pretty. And i love it. I love it so much." You took a deep breath of the smell of the roses and hugged it to your chest. 

  You gazed at him tenderly and Kai gazed back tenderly at you. He stood up a little from his seat and cupped your face to give you a quick peck on your lips. *This skinship monster.*

  Just as his lips left yours, a familiar figure at the corner of your eye caught your attention. *Familiar.* You looked slowly to the figure whose side was facing you.

  *Ohmygod. Youngjae oppa.* You ducked your head down suddenly and immediately so that he couldn't see. *I can be caught by anyone. Anyone but Youngjae and Yongguk oppa.* Kai blinked at you, wondering why you were hiding all of sudden. "~~~? Are you hiding from someone?" He stood up a little from his chair and asked you worriedly. "Shh. Y-Youngjae oppa is there." You pointed to Youngjae. "Quick, hide too." You urged him, panicking. Kai ducked his head down as well and chuckled. He looked at you from underneath the table.

  "Shall we leave?" Kai asked. "Can we?" He nodded. "Let's go then." You used one of your hand to cover your face while the other, holding onto Kai.

  When both of you were finally out of the restaurant, you heaved a sigh of relief. "The coast is clear, madam!" Kai saluted. You smacked him lightly and laughed. "That was so close, oppa!" "I'm sure the waiter back there must be really puzzled." Kai laughed.

  "Where should we go for dinner then? Man.. I wanted to eat steak." He pouted. "Sorry oppa. Shall we go for kimchi stew?" You wrapped your arms around his waist and he wrapped one of his arm around your shoulder. "Let's go. I know one famous place here." He nodded.

  When you all finished the dinner, it was already 8pm and Kai decided that he should bring you back home. Both of you took a slow walk, appreciating the comfortable silence and arrived at the front of your house 30 mins later.

  Kai let go of your hand slowly and stood in front of you. "Thank you for spending your time today with me, ~~~. It had been a great Valentine's Day. It was the best I swear. Our first Valentine's Day spent together, I'll treasure it and never forget it. But of course, this wouldn't be our last. We'll still spend many more right?"

  You nodded. "Of course oppa. I'm really happy today as well. I finally found someone to spend my day with."

  Kai bent down to your level. His lips enveloped yours for a long, deep and passionate kiss. He pressed your lips in such a sweet, tender touch that your legs turned jelly. You grasped his waist quickly to keep yourself from falling. You closed your eyes and savored the moment and kissed him for as long as possible until you had no breath. Only then, you pulled away slowly. 

  Kai chuckled as he opened his eyes slowly. "I suggest you should start training to hold your breath. You're always the first to pull away." You pouted and stuck out your tongue at him. "That's because I don't want to kiss you any longer." You made an excuse. Kai pinched your cheeks lightly after hearing your unreasonable excuse.

  "Go back safely, my adorable boyfriend." You gave him a quick peck on his cheek and he kissed your forehead in return. He waved and left.

  You smiled as you saw Kai disappearing into dark. Only when you couldn't see him, you turned to walk into your house. You stopped at the doorstep of your house and kept the bouquet of roses into your bag so that your brothers wouldn't see it. Only when you're done, you knocked the door.

  "Oppa! I'm home!" You hollered and jumped up and down excitedly into the house. Daehyun, who opened the door for you, shook his head and smiled as he could guess where you went and who you went with. *As long as he doesn't hurt her, I'm fine with it.*

  You plunged yourself onto the sofa and realized Youngjae was beside you. The image of Youngjae and the girl earlier popped up in your mind again. You pretended that you didn't see him in the restaurant just now and looked at him. When Youngjae realized you were looking at him, more like staring actually, he turned to you.

  "What?" He asked curtly.

  "So.. About the girl earlier? Any explanations?" You spoke really loud on purpose. "Shh!" Youngjae cupped your mouth and pulled you down. You frowned. *Why Shh? And that was for you speaking so curtly to me.*

  He slowly let go of you soon. "Okay. I'll be quiet but tell me what's the relationship between the girl and you." You kind of demanded. Youngjae sighed and gave in.

  "She's my classmate, Heerin. I liked her ever since I got to know her. So I confessed to her today and she accepted me and therefore, she's my girlfriend. Happy?" Youngjae tried to sound bored but you could tell that he couldn't hide his excitement. You didn't expect Youngjae to spill everything out but surprisingly, he did. Perhaps he didn't want to hide it. "Happy!" Your face lit up. "I would like to see her soon though." You winked and sauntered up to your room. *Thank god Youngjae oppa didn't see me just now. I wouldn't want my relationship to end as soon as it starts.*

  You took out the roses from your bag and settled them on the table and went downstairs to chat with your brothers. The atmosphere was really great. Everyone was extremely happy. *Seems like Youngjae and I weren't the only ones who went on dates.* You shook your head and laughed mentally.

  When it was 11pm, you said goodnight to your brothers and you went back to your room for a warm shower.

  You got the hairdryer out from the drawer after showering and started drying your long, brown and luscious hair. After you finally finished drying it,  which took up 30mins, you plummet yourself on the bed and looked at your wallpaper. Both of you were smiling radiantly and anyone could tell both of you were lovers. *I'm so glad I met you. I love you, my perfect boyfriend.* 

  A message from Kai popped up just before you wanted to lock your phone.

  Hey sweetheart, aren't you asleep yet? Do sleep soon alright? I wouldn't want a panda girlfriend. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you again, I really enjoyed today though it wasn't really long. It's one of my happiest day on Earth. Another was when you confessed to me. Keke. I hope you enjoyed today as well. As long as I'm with you, I don't mind anything. I only want to be with you. Oh, you haven't changed your wallpaper right? You can't change it araso? Or I'll flood your phone with my pictures. Happy Valentine's Day dear! I love you so much. So so much. My love for you is forever. Do dream of me okay? Muacks. Goodnight!

-Your handsome boyfriend

  You smiled to the comforting text and replied.

  Oppa, Happy Valentine's! I love you too. I'm so sorry for all the harms I caused you previously. I'm really sorry. I was so blinded. I thought Kris was the one I love but I didn't notice you, my true love, was always and just right beside me. I'm sorry I didn't found you earlier but I'm glad I found you. Today was a really awesome day. I really loved it. And oppa, thanks for the roses. They're really pretty. Yes oppa, I'm sleeping soon. Goodnight. I'll dream a sweet dream of you! I love you loads loads too oppa! 

-Your pretty girlfriend 

  You smiled, satisfied at your reply and placed your phone gently on the table. You thought of Kai. *As much as I'm happy that I'm with you now, things are bound to happen. And I'm sure oppas are going to find out soon. And I'm worried they might not react well.*

  Song of the chapter: 10cm, fine thank you and you?