Decision making

Difficult love.

  "Woohoo! Presents time!" P.O yelled out in joy. "Why are you so excited? It's not your presents. It's ~~~'s." Jaehyo spoke in annoyance. P.O pouted and zipped his mouth. He knew he should just like zip it.

  All of you gathered on the floor in the living room. Some of them sat on the floor, some at the dining table and some on the sofa. You sat in the middle of the sofa of course. You're the birthday girl, remember? "Come on, ~~~, which present are you going to open first?" You glanced at the huge stack of at least 20 presents which accumulated on the table. You felt so blessed to have so many presents. It was your first time. And of course, first experiences are the best.

  "I'll open this first." You picked up the small pink polka dot box tied with a purple ribbon on top and sat back down on the sofa. "It's mine!" Himchan raised his hand. You unwrapped the present slowly, not wanting to damage the packaging. 

  "Wah. Oppa.." You looked up softly at him.  It was a hello kitty bracelet, which was similar to the hello kitty necklace that he bought previously. It probably's a set. 

  "Oh! It's Kitty!" Zico exclaimed. He grew excited but his excitement didn't last long. Everyone raised an eyebrow and looked at him. He cleared his throat feeling really awkward, "What?" "Right, Kitty's for real man." You nodded and laughed. "High-five! At least you appreciate kitty!" Zico smacked the palm of your hand and smiled giddily. Everyone else gave both of you the look. No one knew maybe only Zico didn't but you were actually being sarcastic. 

  "Right, anyway, next. Open mine!" Zico tried to make it less embarrassing for him. You laughed once again. "Alright." You picked up the box with kitty as the box cover. *This is definitely his.*   You got the present and opened it and found a bottle of Victoria Secrets perfume. "I figured you would need one." He scratched his head sheepishly before smiling at you. "Aww. Thanks oppa." You smiled widely at him. "Who knows? He might have a hidden meaning behind this." Tao guessed. "Yeah, maybe he thinks you have body odor." Youngjae shrugged. You shot Zico a look immediately. "H-hey, it's not like that. I-" Zico tried to explain. "I know oppa. I was just kidding. I love it a lot." You chuckled and hugged the bottle to your chest. "I knew you would like it!" He shot up from his seat and snapped his fingers. *Not like those brats trying to put words into my mouth.*

  You opened all the other presents one by one, receiving a pair of diamond earrings from Daehyun, a prettier notebook, as usual, from Youngjae, a pair of leather flats from Kyung, Bbomb and Ukwon, etc. 

  Everyone had already given their presents to you. Except Kai. He was the last. You turned to him expectantly. "I'll give it to you later." He smiled. Your brothers gave him the suspicious look but let it go though. "Sure." You couldn't say you weren't upset because you felt that there shouldn't be any reason for him to keep it a secret.

--------------------

  "Give me a minute. I'll get the presents into my room first." You got up and got some of the presents into your arms. Everyone continued chatting and watching the TV. *Aish, why are there so many?* You stacked as many presents in your arms as you can. "I'll help." Two voices said in unison. You looked up to find Kris on your left and Kai on your right. "Erm.. It's okay." You looked away with a flushed expression. With five words 'Are you sure? Alright then.', Kris left. *That's it? He isn't insisting? Never mind anyway.* Maybe he trust that you'll be okay carrying it yourself?

  Unlike Kris, Kai insisted and got some of the presents from your hands and picked up even more and hugged it all towards his chest. He looked at you and gave you a warm smile. Your lips hitched upwards and formed an appreciative smile. "Thanks." You then led the way to your room. The house was so noisy and you doubt anyone would notice you, to help you. But Kai did. *Of course, I know my choice wouldn't be wrong.* You smiled to yourself.

  "Just leave it there, oppa." You closed the door after you with your legs. Kai walked towards the corner of your room and left the presents on the floor. You followed behind him and left the presents on the floor as well. "Let's go." He tilted his head and showed you his puppy face before walking towards the door.   *It's now or never.* You thought as Kai turned the door knob. "Oppa, wait!" You called his name. He turned back to give you a baffled look. He tilted his head once again. "Yes?" You walked towards him slowly, avoiding eye contact with him. "It's you." You whispered softly, your eyes still on the floor. *This a hell of a sudden. He must be thinking that I'm crazy.* 

  "It's me? What is me?" He creased his forehead. 

  "It's you." You repeated. "You're the one I love." You finally mustered the courage to look at him. Kai's eyes twinkled immediately. "It's me?" He pointed to himself, unable to hide his excitement. "Yes, Oppa. It's you." You chuckled.    "You're the one I love too." He smiled in content. "I love you so much." He wrapped his arms arround your waist and pulled you so close to him that both of your bodies were touching. "I love you so so much, do you know?" He whispered into your ear, sending shivers down your spine. In a good way though. His touch warmed your body. You tiptoed and whispered back into his ears. "Oppa, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I love you more." You whispered back into his ears. "No, I love you more." He argued back. Before you could continue to argue with him, he pulled away from the hug. You gave him the confused look but all he did was smile. *Damn, why did he pull away?*

  He started leaning his face closer to you until his face was just centimeters away. "Don't argue with me. I will always win these 'I love you' fights. So don't bother arguing." He whispered again and played a small smirk on his lips. You pouted. "No, I will wi-" He zipped your mouth by planting his lips on yours. Your eyes widened in surprise at first but you soon closed your eyes and started kissing back. 

 It started as a soft kiss but in no time, it became a passionate one. His tongue begged for entrance into your mouth which you allowed immediately. It roamed around in your mouth, exploring the insides of your mouth. Soon, both of you were already out of breaths but no one was willing to give in. Kai hugged your waist tighter and pulled you even closer to him to get a better angle.

  You could feel Kai smiling as he kissed you. Automatically, you smiled as well. When you couldn't breathe anymore, you pulled away first. You grinned at him, breathing hardly. Kai chuckled. "I didn't know your lips tasted so sweet. Cherry flavored?" He teased you. "Oppa." You pouted and buried your face into his suit so that he couldn't see your red cheeks. He ruffled your hair lightly. "Why are you so adorable?" He kissed your hair, breathing in the sweet scent of your shampoo.

  For that moment, all your worries were chucked aside and all you could feel was the blissfulness. Both of you hugged each other tightly and swayed from left to right. You didn't even bother if your brothers would find anything suspicious. You just wanted to treasure the moment with your guy.   

Kris's POV

  I was talking to Suho and Baekhyun when I realized Kai and ~~~ was missing. Jealousy took over me immediately. What if something happened when I'm not there? What if Kai tries to take advantage of ~~~?    I took the opportunity to run up the stairs when everyone was busy with their conversations.

  I walked straight to ~~~'s door and I heard some words exchanging. I leaned closer towards the door so that I was able to hear even clearer. "It's you." I heard ~~~'s voice. "You're the one I love." "It's me?" I heard Kai's voice this time. "Yes, Oppa. It's you." Chuckles were heard, escaping from ~~~'s mouth.   My heart broke into pieces immediately and my face fell. *I guess I took too long to confess.* I opened the door slightly to peek inside, hoping my ears were deceiving me. But I was wrong. I peeked into the room to see Kai hugging onto ~~~ so tightly. My fist curled into a ball immediately. I couldn't help but to feel jealous. My supposed-to-be girlfriend was kissing my best friend. How could it be?  

 "You're the one I love too. I love you so much." Kai wrapped his arms arround ~~~'s waist and pulled her so close to him that both of your bodies were touching. That's when I stopped. I didn't want to see anything anymore. I was afraid my heart couldn't take it. Something was crushing my heart and I couldn't breathe. I clutched onto my heart as a tear escaped from my eye. *No, I can't cry.* I wiped the tear off my face and turned to go.

  "Hyung.." The moment I turned, I saw Daehyun Hyung in front of me. Daehyun walked towards me and gave me a tight squeeze in my shoulders. I gave him a weak smile and dragged my feet down the stairs.

  Daehyun lingered in front of your door, hesitating whether or not to go in. He knew your choice was Kai. He knew it. But he was sort of curious what both of you were doing inside. He contemplated awhile but decided not to in the end. *I guess I shouldn't be a busybody. ~~~ wouldn't like it if I peeked inside.* Woohyun sighed and went downstairs to join the rest.

  Both of you cuddled for a few minutes which seemed like seconds and Kai pulled away again. "Why do you keep pulling away?" *What?! Did I just say that?!* You mentally facepalmed yourself. "I've got something for you." He smiled. He held your hand up and took out a card from his pocket. "For you." 

  You read the words and pictures on the card and a smile formed unknowingly. *Stop making me go crazy over the small little things you do.* "Thank you, oppa. "I drew it and coloured it myself yknow?" He winked.

  He then took something else out from his back pocket and slid it onto your finger. Your eyes widened in pleasant surprise. "I was still afraid you wouldn't accept this. Thank god you confessed to me today." He joked and smiled. "It's carved 'Kai's'." He gazed deep into your eyes. "Will you be mine?" He got down on his knees on a blink of eye.

  "Of course I would, oppa. What are you talking about?" You kneeled down in front of him. "I told you. I love you." This time you took the initiative and kissed him. You let a tear fall, feeling really touched by his actions as well as words as you kissed him passionately.

  He held out his ring which was carved '~~~'s'. "Will you?" "Of course I would, oppa." You took the ring immediately from him and slid it smoothly onto his finger. You pulled him up and both of you sat on your bed side by side.

  "I'm so glad you're mine now." He pulled you by your waist closer to him. "I'm glad as well." You grinned widely at him. "This relationship would be a secret right?" He gazed into your eyes. You nodded sadly. "But it wouldn't be a secret to your rivals though." You laughed. "As long as people don't hit on you, I'm fine." He pecked you lightly on your rosy cheeks. "Of course, oppa. But I promise I'll tell my brothers soon. Just.. Not now." You drew circles with your legs. "It's alright. I understand." He gave you an assuring smile.

  "Let's go now before everyone starts looking for us." You suggested. Kai nodded and stood up. He almost held your hands when he remembered this relationship was supposed to be a secret. He pulled his hand back to his side reluctantly. *I know we can hold hands in the public but not in front of your brothers. Why? I don't want to hide this.. It's alright, I'll wait. As long as you don't want it, I wouldn't do it.* He was referring to exposing the relationship to your brothers. If only you knew what he was thinking, you would be thankful for having such an understanding and matured boyfriend you have. It's not that you aren't thankful now but you'll be even more thankful.

  Song of the chapter : Epik High, UP

  Anybody love this boy like I do? <3 JungIlhoon