Ski Trip Part 2

Operation: Wallflower (Discontinued)

 

 

Jjjajajjan!!! 2 chappies in one day :3

Jin Ah’s POV:

It was quite shocking to see Suho’s face right when I opened my eyes. I could literally feel my face burn.

“S-so-sorry I woke you,” he jumped out of the car as soon as he said that leaving me sitting there confused.

Slowly I got up and moved. Falling asleep for two hours then having to move around in the cold makes anyone lethargic.

The boys had all headed inside the cabins because it was freezing outside. I stretched a bit as I walked. I could notice a few eyes staring at me and I tried to brush it off. Seriously what type of desperate person would want to stare at me? I quit stretched and rushed inside trying to make sure that none of the boys noticed my discomfort and thankfully no one did.

“Since I think most of you haven’t gone skiing before there are coaches downstairs that will teach you the basics before we got to my private strip of mountain,” I smiled at them. It was amazing how easy it was to warm up to these guys. They made me feel very comfortable which was nice. No one was harping at me for my looks or personality. The fact that none of them really cared made me feel like I could express myself more.

“What if we want to snowboard?” Tao asked after raising his hand like he was in school again.

“The coaches know how to do that as well and you can feel free to pick whatever style of travel you want,” my smile started to become more plastered. I didn’t tell any of them that I couldn’t snow board to save my life because I wanted them to have fun for putting up with this so called ‘vacation’. As expected everyone wanted to snowboard instead. I sighed and grabbed my ski equipment.

When I was about to head out I noticed that Lay wasn’t with the other boys. He was sitting on top of the cabin looking down at the slope.

“Aren’t you coming?” I asked him. He shook his head.

“Can’t. I have hemophilia so my blood is on the thinner side. It’s super cold outside too. That and I could easily get cut here,” Lay looked like her really wanted to go but couldn’t. I felt kind of bad about dragging them here now. Just as I was about to take a seat he kicked the chair I was going to sit on.

“What?” I asked confused at his behavior. I thought he was one of the nicer ones.

“Go have fun. Obviously you didn’t bring us here just because you were thinking of us. You probably want to go skiing too. So go,” Lay gestured to the slope with his head while he kept his arms crossed.

I began to walk away slowly and when I glanced back at him he again gestured to the slope.

“Don’t worry. I’m a big boy. I’ll be fine,” Lay smiled and I gave him a small unsure and halfhearted smile.

This was not at all how I planned this to be. The other boys were probably having fun on their snowboards. I sighed as I went down the slope. I was alone which made this skiing idea the biggest disappointment of the whole trip to Russia.

My head was in the clouds absorbed in my sulky mood when someone called out, “Hey there cutie!”

I turned my head hopefully expecting to see one of the EXO members but I greeted with an unfamiliar face.

“Who are you and what are you doing here? This is private property,” I tried to sound strong and hold fierceness in my voice like Sae Rin and my sister but I couldn’t. The fact that I was beyond scared right now made all the courage in my body evaporate.

The man chuckled as he advanced. I tried to force my body to move back and run away but I couldn’t. It was like the snow had frozen my body. I felt tears forming in my eyes. What the hell was going to happen to me? Sae Rin wasn’t in my reach and nether was Min Seok or my sister. I couldn’t call them for help. I couldn’t call EXO for help.

Hot tears fell from my eyes then froze on my face. I closed my eyes as the man got closer and closer. Suddenly there was a loud thump noise. I turned my head to see Lay along with the rest of the EXO members standing over the guy who they had knocked down by throwing a giant rock.

“H-how?” I asked.

“I noticed this creeper follow you out onto the slope. I remembered you saying this was a private slope that belonged to you,” Lay said while glaring down at the figure of the unconscious man.

“We also felt kind of bad when we noticed that you weren’t practicing how to ride a snow board so we decided to go skiing with you,” Xiumin smacked Tao in the head and forced him to bow to me in apology.

“You guys don’t have to do that for me,” I felt bad now. I always inconvenienced people.

“But we want to,” Sehun said with a bright face.

Suho walked up to me and looked at my face for a while. I just gave him an odd look. There was nothing special about my face. Why was he starting at it so intently? My eyes widened in shock when he lifted his hands to my face and wiped away the frozen tears. Apparently this was shock to a few of the other members as well.

“After we drag this guy to the police I think we can enjoy ourselves a little longer before heading off,” Kris commented while gripping on of the unconscious man’s arms. Chanyeol grabbed the other arm and Tao took the guys feet. The trio hauled the guy onto a snow mobile and rode off to the police station.

All the other boys started heading up while Kai stayed beside me and kept me company. It was nice to have someone next to me after going through something that shocked me that badly. Just wait until I get home… I’m not going to be allowed to leave my house for the next few weeks after I tell Sae Rin and my sister what just happened.

Suddenly I felt Kai put his arm around me.

“It’s okay if you want to cry you know. After going through something like that I don’t think any of us will be surprised if you do. But if you’re too shy to cry in front of all of us you can cry on my shoulder. I promise I won’t tell anyone,” he whispered in my ear as he held me to where my face was hidden from the view of others. At first I didn’t know what to do. But I could feel the shock in my body settle in and tears began to fall out. I sobbed like a baby into Kai’s jacket. After what felt like hours I looked up at him a bit worried about how he would react. I felt bad for making him stand in the cold like this.

Kai was smiling down at me from what I saw. My glasses started to fog up slightly from all the crying. “Thank you for trusting me.” He smiled. I blushed and realized that he was still hugging me.

I pulled back and wiped off my face as best I could. Then the two of us trudged up the slope again.

“What took you two so long?” Luhan asked raising an eyebrow.

“Jin Ah tripped and lost her glasses in the snow so we were looking for them,” Kai immediately answered. That was actually a pretty legitimate reason too.

“Be more careful. We might have to put guards around you,” D.O. scolded me the way my mother would.

“I’m sorry,” I said bowing embarrassed that I had to be such a klutz and attract every possible thing that could go wrong to me.

“It’s fine… now how about we put that whole thing aside and go skiing before we have to leave!” Baekhyun said happily as he ran to the slopes. Most of the boys followed in suit but this time I decided to sit with Lay.

“Thank you for going out into the snow despite your condition,” I said taking a sip of hot cocoa.

Lay just shrugged. “We have to keep an eye on you. Your grandfather said that we are basically in charge of you, which makes us responsible for everything that happens to you while you are living with him.”

“Either way thanks,” I didn’t meet his eyes. After that we didn’t speak at all and just looked out into the snow. It wasn’t awkward to be honest it was more comfortable.

An hour passed and everyone was tired by then. I told them to eat in the cabin’s mess hall before we headed to the airfield to leave. Again I rode in the van with Suho, Kris, Lay, Chen, D.O., and Luhan since Suho and Lay literally dragged me into the van before the other boys could even think about asking me to sit with them.

Finally we all boarded our flight and we took off. I looked down at Russia knowing I’d never forget this trip. It helped me clear my head.

I think I can finally let go of the idea of Won Jung Jin being my prince charming. Looking around I saw the 12 new friends I’d made, just as precious to me as the friends I’ve kept since I was in diapers.

Sighing I leaned back in seat and shut my eyes. I wonder what it’s going to be like when I get home.

You like it? ^.^ 

tumblr_m6ahjifeWz1rn2nxfo1_400.gif

tumblr_m66modqOlT1ro0dzho1_1280.jpg