04 .

Fictional You

I looked up and found Gikwang staring back at me and his hands was holding onto something familar .

The light shine into my eyes and i avoid it , I stood up and rubbed my eyes , "W-What's that on your hands?"

He smiled and shook it , "What's this ? Isn't yours?"

I gasped and took his hands and looked at the box , "It's mine , " I was about to get it from him but he backs off , "Ani , You should tell me what's in this , Baek Jaekyung ."

I swallowed my saliva and tried to lied , "Sweets ."

Gikwang opened it up and found different colours of pills , "Sweets? They do look like sweets , but they don't smell like one!"

His face expression changed and i felt something wasn't right , but instead , i felt real bad , "T-That's sweets , Really!"

He chuckled and shook his head , "That isn't right , You should knew that lying is a bad habit ."

I clenched onto my bag strap and then looked at him intensely , "T- That's pills ." I gave in .

Gikwang then continued his question , "You're sick?"

I looked up at him , "No , Those are for my mother , " I lied so fast that i thought i was going to be a good liar now .

Gikwang gave me a serious expression and then his frown broke into a big grin , "Araseo , "

I sighed and get it from his hands , "I'll need to go now!"

He nod his head and gave me a uneasy feeling as if he knew i was lying , or something , i didn't bothered much and ran back to the bus stop , this time , i tightly grabbed onto the pill box .

As i arrived at the workplace , I quickly changed into the uniform and walked out of the changing room .

There was a few girls looking at me and smirked , "The boss wants to find you."

I nod my head and when i was about leave , they raised their leg out and i almost tripped over .

They let out a gasp and a sarcastic "Opps" and left .

I pushed my glasses up , "What's wrong with them ..?" , I didn't bothered much and then walked into the office room .

"Come in " He said in a low , deep voice .

I grabbed onto the handle bar and took a deep breathe before opening the door . My palms were sweating and then finally , i got prepared and opened the door .

"Sit down ." He instructed .

I nod my head and did so .

"How many times are you late ..?" He started off with a soft yet stable voice .

I closed my eyes and quickly apologized to him , "Jwaesonghamnida!"  , I took a peek at his face and then he shook his head and then raised out a brown envelope , "In here , are all you pays , i haven't deduct them , But still based on your hardworking , I'm giving you a chance , Tomorrow night , please go to this location and look for this guy , He would ask you do somethings for him and also if you do well , You would be rewarded and keep this job ." He said with a smile .

"Why must it be at night , i wouldn't be ab-" Before i could even continued , he spoke , "If you don't , you'll quit , You'll resign then ."

I shook my head and kept a smile on my face , "Araseo , I'll do it ."

If i don't , i wouldn't able to have money for groceries and won't able to buy present for Umma's birthday .

As the day ended , i walked back home safely , Listened to the songs in my mini mp3 player and envy people who got the modern type , Oh well ,atleast mine could listen songs .

I played the song - Ailee - Heaven .

That song was my favourite and it was so sweet and peaceful .

In the dark , it companied me back home , I always fear the dark , For some reasons .

I have a bad childhood , Or could i say , I was like a lost puppy in the alley?

That day , My parents bought me to a restaurant .

We all sat on the table but due to my playfulness , I wandered around .

I got off the table even though Umma told me not to .

There was a white puppy hidden at the dark , i told it was nice if i could bring it back home , i followed it and it lead me to somewhere else , where i lost them , I lost my parents .

It was so dark , cold , and stinky , I don't know where was i , the lights was flashing on and off , I was scared , i grabbed onto my shirt myself and i kept hearing sounds .

That was when i found my foster parents , they adopted me from there and Ever since then , i'm scared of the dark .

"Jaekyung ah!" a voice appeared in my music ,it interrupted the music ,i paused it and then looked behind .

Umma was running towards to me with a small bag beside her , "You're back?"

I plugged out my earpiece and nod my head , "Ne , Umma ."

She smiled and grabbed my hand , "Let's walk home together ."

"Ne ~ Umma . " I laid my head onto her shoulders , even though i'm taller than her ,but i'm still feel so at ease when i'm wth her , Because she's my mom .

As we nodded onto the door , Appa appeared with a newspaper in his hands , "You guys came back together?"

Umma nod her head , "I saw Jaekyung on bus ."

She put the small bag onto the table and then sat down onto the broken sofa which Appa found it nearby , "So , did you found a Job?"

Appa frowned and shook his head , "I'm cirling them now , so that i could find these jobs tomorrow ."

She nod her head and pat his back , "It's alright , Jagiya , Take it slowly ."

He shook his head , "No , we can't , Next week , the rent will due! We might even get chased out ."

Umma sighed and shook her head , "I just hope that miracle would happened ."

Appa then stared at me , "What are you looking at , Hurry up and do your homework!"

I nod my head and quickly went into my room , After hearing their conversation , i noticed that , everytime Umma mentions about it , Appa seems wanting to say something out but he knew i was there and he kept in , I wondered what he wants to say . Is it that he doesn't want me , or has he regret adopting me ..?

I shook my head , impossible , how could it be! I laughed awkwardly to myself and then changed into my casual clothes and started studying .