Chapter 68

Big Bang

Chapter 68

 

Present time…

 

G Dragon shuffled through the snow, his breaths made tiny puffs of air as his footsteps quickened once the church came into sight.

G Dragon walked silently down the last steps towards the great wooden door, reached for the handle, turned it softly, and cracked the door open.

G Dragon scanning every section of the hall before he noticed a man stood in front of a table of candles, arm extended over the sea of flames. He touched the tip of the match to the wick of one of the unlit candles and watched as the action produced a flare of light and then died down. He blew out the match tip and placed it on the table before clasping his hands behind his back and turning his face upward. His eyes fluttered shut and then his lips began to move in silent prayer.

In a darkened hallway, bathed in moonlight, G Dragon watched Tae Yang stand in that same position and pray before he walked over to Tae Yang as silently as he could.

Tae Yang picked up on G Dragon’s arrival but didn't say anything to him for the first few moments.

“G Dragon, after all these years, you never failed to convince me to go back to YG Entertainment,” Tae Yang said in a quiet voice as he continued to look at the sacred cross in front of him. “My answer will still remain the same. I don’t have the confidence to come back and I this is the only way I could do to redeem for all the mistakes I have done.”

Tae Yang forced his expression not to show his guilt but failed miserably.

“Presideny YG had decided to retire,” G Dragon said slowly as he seemed to be searching for the right words. “Somehow, President YG managed to convince Seungri to go back to YG Entertainment and Seungri would be taking over President YG’s position.”

Tae Yang was quiet for a very long time. He looked away, and when he looked back, G Dragon could see his forehead creasing. “It’s great that Seungri is coming back, but I doubt he wanted to see me.”

G Dragon gave a weak smile.

“Rather than hiding, why don’t you show Seungri and the rest of the people that you have changed?”

Tae Yang said nothing for a minute. A few moments of silence passed, Tae Yang finally gave the smallest of nods.

G Dragon smiled a little at Tae Yang’s response before he started laughing.

Tae yang turned towards G Dragon with a raised eyebrow, "What is so funny?"

“Before we debuted, you have never been in a relationship with a girl.” G Dragon replied casually. “After all these years, you are still single.”

Tae yang sighed, before he gave G Dragon a smile.

“Shouldn’t you search for another girl instead of wasting your time on Sandara noona all these years as well?”

G Dragon gave Tae Yang a look before he smiled and put an arm over Tae Yang’s shoulder.

“As long as she is single, I will not give up.”

Tae Yang shook his head, a half smile on his face before turning his attention back to the sacred cross in front of him.

“G Dragon, shall we name our next upcoming album, Still Alive?”

***

After Big Bang’s blue stopped playing, Seungri took out a folded piece of paper from his pocket and opened it.

Looking at your success with Seungri academy, I hope that you could bring Big Bang and YG Entertainment to another level of success as well.

President YG

Seungri’s lips curved slightly at the piece of paper before he placed it back to his pocket.

Seungri stayed sitting for a moment and looked down at the photo for one last time before placing the photo back to the photo stand and surveyed TOP’s living room before he placed the brown envelop on the chair and he left without saying goodbye to TOP.

After TOP left his son’s room, he hurried back to the living room, carrying a tall glass of water for Seungri.

"Seungri..."

TOP stared at the empty room and realised that Seungri had left.

TOP stood in the middle of the room, the glass still in his hand until he noticed the brown envelope on the chair.

TOP had wondered about what this envelope was about and curiously, he walked over to the chair.

As soon as TOP pulled the paper in the envelope, he let out a gasp as he saw what the paper was. His eyes were fixed on the paper and he seemed unable to speak. He looked lost for words before a soft smile graced TOP's features.

It might be tough in the beginning but he knew that Big Bang could dominate the music industry once again.

***

“Thank you for watching and stay tune for the next episode of Night after Night!”

"Cut!" The director called out exuberantly. He smiled in satisfaction. "Alright, I think that was the last one! You can go now! Good job!"

Dae Sung smiled as he bowed to the approaching staffs. "Thank you for your hard work!"

Dae Sung was about walk towards the waiting room until a familiar voice stopped him before he could get out of the recording studio.

"I never thought I would see the day when you would be a host for a variety show once again.”

Dae Sung let a smile spread across his face. He didn't need to turn around and see who it was. He could recognise that voice anywhere.

"And I never thought I would hear your voice again." Dae Sung said as he slowly turned around.

Seungri stepped out into the lit area and both of them stood facing each other, grinning like mad but not saying anything.

"I thought you weren't coming back." Dae Sung asked at last.

Seungri shrugged his shoulders.

"I wasn't planning on it but President YG managed to convince me to come back."

A half-smile tugged at the corner of Dae Sung’s lips. "Want to have a drink while you tell me how President YG managed to convince you to come back?"

"Sure," Seungri smiled.

***

Seungri looked around the recording studio while he waited for Dae Sung. The studio was full of professional people, ready for the next take for another show.

Seungri scanned the studio again until he spotted Sandara in a conversation with the staffs.

There was something about Sandara that made Seungri’s heart beat painfully fast, something that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

Seungri had thought that his feelings for Sandara would fade over the years but that weak rein of control was beginning to slip away. It seemed the more that he tried to keep it a hold of it, the more slippery it became. It was as if whatever he had felt for Sandara before was slowly becoming magnified.

Seungri could feel the warmth of blood rushing to his cheeks as his eyes instinctively moving towards Sandara. The curve of her lips turned up even further so that they revealed a hint of pearly white teeth. Her smile and looks hadn't changed the least bit over the years, and he found himself staring.

When Seungri noticed Sandara looking at him, their eyes locked, and Sandara smiled.

Seungri could feel the corners of his lips lifted into a small smile as he felt a familiar ray of hope in his heart.

It is going to be a start of a new beginning.


 

Thank you everyone for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story!

=)