Chapter 40

Big Bang

Chapter 40

 

TOP was standing in the middle of Gwanghwamun Square for an hour.

Biting his lip and glancing at his watch worriedly, TOP tried to stay calm as he waited for Dae Sung even though he knew that Dae Sung would never let him wait for this long. Suddenly, the phone in his hand had started vibrating and it lit up with light. TOP pressed the green button and answered it instantly.

“TOP, come over to the welcome party right at this instant. This is absurd that your maknae is having a welcome party yet, only G Dragon is here.” Se7en reprimanded TOP on the phone.

“What? Dae Sung and Tae Yang are not there yet?” TOP replied, shocked by the information he got from Se7en.

“Yes. What are you people doing? I can’t even contact Tae Yang. Stop playing a fool and come here right now.” Se7en answered before he ended the call abruptly.

After the call ended, the information of Dae Sung being late and missing made TOP even more worried.

With a worried expression on his face, TOP quickly dialed Dae Sung’s number and paced furiously with the mobile phone clutched to his ear.

“Dae Sung, answer the phone.” TOP muttered to himself while the phone kept ringing continuously.

When TOP was about to disconnect the phone, the phone suddenly got connected and TOP paused in his pacing.

 When he was about to speak, he heard strange conversations between Dae Sung and someone else. However, due to the loud traffic on the road, TOP had a hard time listening to the conversation clearly.

“I have no intentions in joining you.”

“Do you still refuse to join me if I start to target Seungri once again?”

Due to the loud traffic on the road, TOP could not hear the rest of the conversation until he heard a crashing noise and a distinctive click that signalled that Dae Sung had hung up. TOP pulled the phone away from his ear and he felt a shiver run down his back.

He knew that Dae Sung is in danger.

With a burst of speed, TOP ran aimlessly, trying to look for Dae Sung.

Dae Sung had to be alright.

He had to.

***

“Still trying to contact Tae Yang hyung?” Seungri asked as he joined G Dragon at the balcony.

G Dragon swore under his breath and ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

“I don’t get it. Why did Tae Yang switch off his phone?” G Dragon said rather crossly. “What is so important that Tae Yang had to miss Seungri’s welcome party?”

Seungri said nothing as he studied G Dragon’s face. G Dragon looked troubled and Seungri could see his forehead creasing worriedly.

Seungri leaned against the black metal railings, looking at the people enjoying the party in the room.

“G Dragon hyung, what is Tae Yang hyung to you?” Seungri asked curiously, not tearing his eyes away from the scene in front of him.

G Dragon smiled at Seungri's question.

“Tae yang and I became friends when we were 13 years old after we got recruited by YG as trainees.During the times we spent together as trainees, we have gone through thick and thin together to fulfil a dream of ours, to be a singer. To be frank, I am very thankful to him for always taking care of the rest of the big bang members when I was harshly blaming them for their mistakes and he would be the one to carry out the leader’s duties when I am not able to do so due to various reasons. He is also the reason for reminding me not to go astray when we are pursuing our music career.”

Seungri looked at G Dragon and he could see the sparkle of happiness and gratefulness in his eyes when G Dragon talked about Tae Yang.

“If I had to choose one person to replace my position after I die, I would definately choose Taeyang, the friend whom I forever feel grateful to have. “ G Dragon said in a decidedly lighter voice.

Seungri felt the cool air whip at his face and hair as he stared at G Dragon for a second, debating in his mind on what he should do.

Taeyang has a very special place in G Dragon’s life.

Seungri could feel his eyes begin to blur when he thought on G Dragon’s reaction if he knew that Tae Yang was involved in his disappearance.Suddenly alarmed that he was about to cry, Seungri blinked back his tears.

When Seungri looked back into the room, he felt himself begin to smile. It was almost impossible not to. The people in the room were laughing hysterically, cheering enthusiastically at how Tablo is learning how to dance like Psy.

For now, Seungri would just enjoy his welcome party even though he didn’t know if keeping G Dragon in the dark about this would be a good move.

But what was certain was, he did not want this incident to ruin the special relationship G Dragon and Tae Yang have together.

***

Tae Yang’s eyes flashed dangerously at Dae Sung.

“What a waste, I thought of letting you go unharmed once you agreed to join me.” Tae Yang said quietly, new menace in his voice. "You will regret it."

"Hyun Seng, take a good look at this person you are following.” Dae Sung told Hyun Seng icily as he pulled himself to his feet, with difficulty. "Actually, I can guess why you would hate Seungri. You're an idiot, Hyun Seng. A complete and utter idiot."

Dae Sung then turned to Tae Yang, his face darkening with revulsion. "Regret?" Dae Sung sneered, his grim amusement sidetracking him for a second. “I don’t think this word exists in my dictionary.”

"Hyun Seng" Tae Yang said, eyes darkened with barely-restrained rage as they bore into Dae Sung.”Show me your loyalty towards me.”

Hyun Seng was silent. He was not prepared for a situation like this to happen. He had never thought of using violence on someone other than Seungri.

Hyun Seng cast a quick look at Dae Sung and saw his pale face and eyes that seem to be pleading him to stop making a wrong decision.

"Why am I feeling guilty?" Hyun Seng thought bitterly.

Hyun Seng felt heart was thumping loudly and painfully in his chest. He was faced with a very difficult decision.He didn't know what to do now. He wanted to be loyal to Tae Yang, yet he didn’t want to hurt Dae Sung.

"Tae Yang hyung, must we drag Dae Sung into this?" Hyun Seng spoke, measuring his words carefully.

“Tae Yang hyung, I have noticed that you are becoming into a pitiful person who only loved yourself. “ Hyun Seng continued after a moment's silence. “But I always pretended not to see it. I did that because of my weakness. I didn’t have the courage to face it. I can see you falling into the depths of darkness.”

“Let’s stop before you regret it. The route of seeking forgiveness is a long and painful journey.” Hyun Seng said at last, trying to sound commanding.

In one swift move, Tae Yang raised his hand and slapped Hyun Seng hard across the face.

Hyun Seng had a hand on his cheek where Tae Yang had slapped him. Hyun Seng could feel a hot and great big red mark forming on his cheek. He was in shock. Tae Yang had never slapped him.

“Stop?” Tae Yang’s voice was full of menace.

“You of all people, actually tell me to stop?!” Tae Yang said harshly.

When Tae Yang was about to throw a strong punch at Hyun Seng, Dae Sung kicked Tae Yang hard in the knee, making Tae Yang groan and fall to the ground. Before Dae Sung could react, Tae Yang’s stood up swiftly and a heavy punch caught him, snapping his head to the side. Dae Sung fell to the ground, his jaw on fire. He hadn't moved fast enough. He looked up and saw Tae Yang aiming another punch at him.

Dae Sung moved away, missing the punch Tae Yang aimed at his head. Tae Yang then, grabbed Dae Sung by the neck and pulled him to his feet.

Dae Sung placed his fingers around Tae Yang’s hand, struggling to free himself while Tae Yang tightened his grip on Dae Sung's throat, lifting him clear off the ground.  

Hyun Seng was still standing where he was as he watched in fear at what happened in front of him. Noticing that Dae Sung’s face was going blue, Hyun Seng instinctively quickly looked around for something to use as a weapon. He had to stop Tae Yang.

 Tae Yang was going to kill Dae Sung if he doesn’t stop!

Noticing the bottle of red wine on the table, Hyun Seng took the glass bottle and hit Tae Yang on the back of his head hard.The sight of Tae Yang lying on the floor completely unconscious, made Hyun Seng stumbled backwards in horror, his eyes wild with fear.

Dae Sung quickly tugged on Hyun Seng's hand and he seemed to snap out of his shock. Both of them hurried out of the room, before Tae Yang woke up.

***

Dae Sung and Hyun Seng ran blindly into the street as fast as their legs could carry, their breaths coming in ragged gasps. It was not until Gwanghwamun Square started to come into view, did the two stopped to catch their breath.

Dae Sung leaned onto the brick wall and took in deep breaths to fill his lungs. He couldn't believe that he could get out of that hotel alive. Dae Sung turned his head to look at Hyun Seng only a few steps away from him, looking at his trembling hands.

“Hyun Seng” Dae Sung approached Hyun Seng but Hyun Seng took a step back, away from him and the look in his eyes was making Dae Sung felt his heart clenched painfully.

“Why do you want to save me? I am an evil person. I harmed Seungri and Tae Yang hyung.” Hyun Seng whispered as he kept his eyes focused on the ground.

"Look at me," Dae Sung demanded with unexpected strength that caused Hyun Seng's eyes to flicker toward him in alarm.

“You are not an evil person. Tae Yang hyung deserved it. As for Seungri, I believe that he would forgive you. Hyun Seng, you have to remember one thing, no matter what happens, you are still part of big bang. We are a group of six boys going through thick and thin together to fulfil our dream.”

When Hyun Seng heard Dae Sung said that he is still part of big bang, tears spilt over, and Hyun Seng wiped them with the back of his hand.

He knew that what Dae Sung said was comforting words. Still, it was because of him that Seungri had lost his memories. It was because of him that everyone in big bang are having a hard time.

The truth was downing on him, merciless and cruel. Even if the rest of the big bang members forgive him, he would not forgive himself. Noticing a car approaching, Hyun Seng inched backwards slowly.

If only he could change what had happened, if only he had the time and the power to make it right somehow. He was going to die looking back on a life in which there was hardly anything that he did not regret. What was the point in feeling regret and remorse if he could do nothing about it any more? Was he a better man now that he understood how he had wasted his life in the service of evil? Would it be easier to die knowing nothing valuable would be lost? He did not know the answers, but there was one thing he felt quite sure about. Even if he was given another chance, if he was given the chance to choose again, he would never join the entertainment industry. He would never become a trainee in YG Entertainment. But it was all in vain now, he would soon pay for everything.

Hyun Seng closed his eyes, waiting for the car to knock him down. Instead, he felt someone pushing him out of the way, making him fell onto the ground.

A loud crashing sound filled his ears and Hyun Seng moved backwards in horror, feeling every last drop of blood drain from his face. His mouth was open in a silent scream as his mind struggled to believe what his eyes were telling him.