Chapter 32

Big Bang

Chapter 32

 

After G Dragon had explained to the rest of the big bang members on what happened to Seungri, Tae Yang threw open the door to G Dragon's bedroom and ushered G Dragon into the room before closing it himself.

He turned to see G Dragon walk towards the bed in a daze as G Dragon sat on the side of the bed and drew his knees up to his chest and stared at the wall.

"Are you okay?" Tae Yang asked worriedly.

G Dragon shook his head, his eyes unfocused and glazed.

"It's just…I never thought…my relationship with Seungri would become like this..." he muttered.

Tae Yang knew that no matter how hard he tried, he could never understand what G Dragon was going through. He walked towards G Dragon and sat beside him on the bed, his arms automatically curled around G Dragon in a gesture of comfort.

"Just give him some time." Tae yang replied while he cherished the moments of G Dragon being in his arms as he wondered when was the last time G Dragon and he sat next to each other and talked about their troubles.

Sighing slightly, G Dragon leaned towards Tae Yang, resting his head against Tae Yang’s chest.

“Tae Yang, thank you for being by my side.” G Dragon whispered and shut his eyes tightly.

When his eyes were closed, he could pretend that Seungri and he were being Tom and Jerry once again. It was nice, for a few moments, to pretend as if nothing would change their world. Even though he knew it had already changed.

"You don't have to thank me, G Dragon," Tae Yang said quietly. "It's like what you said before. It's what best friends are for."

Tae Yang could feel his lips curving. It was a small victory, but nevertheless, a victory. It doesn’t matter that Seungri is back to YG entertainment now. As long as G Dragon and Seungri are drifting apart, he is happy.

***

Seungri walked into Dae Sung’s room and threw himself onto Tae yang’s bed. He hated this feeling, this awful feeling of guilt. Why the hell was he feeling guilty anyway? G Dragon deserved every single bit of the cold behaviour he gave him.

With a sigh, Seungri closed his eyes. His head was hurting. He started massaging his temples to try and ward off the headache before it got any worse. The image of G Dragon’s sad face just wouldn't leave him. He had figured that G Dragon was sad because of how he was treating him. Somehow, that thought only made Seungri feel worse.

He hated the stupid feelings G Dragon made him feel.

“G Dragon injured your arm and he is a drug addict and an abuser!” Seungri thought to himself. However, a small voice at the back of his head tells him otherwise.

Seungri was starting to feel slightly sick now as his headache worsened. He never heard the door open and someone come inside. He only realised that someone was with him when he felt a part of the bed sinking. Seungri opened his eyes and saw Dae Sung looking at him worriedly.

"Headache?" Dae Sung asked.

Seungri tried to smile back, but it came across as more of a grimace. He sat up so he could see Dae Sung the right way up.

"Have G Dragon hyung finished his explanation?" Seungri asked, not answering Dae Sung’s question.

"Yup.” Dae Sung replied as he watched Seungri tried to pretend that he wasn't in pain. Dae Sung sighed mentally to himself. Why do Seungri always like to endure the pain? He was like that too when he injured his ankle.

Dae Sung got up and headed over to the small cabinet that held pain killers. Dae Sung took out a pill from the bottle and walked over to Seungri, who was watching him with a frown. Dae Sung held out the pill and Seungri just looked at him.

"I don't need…"

"Yes, you do." Dae Sung interrupted.

After a few seconds, Seungri admitted defeat and took the offered pill. He gulped it down in one go.

"Better?" Dae Sung asked.

Seungri didn't respond. He just stared at the floor as if there’s something interesting there.

Feeling the awkwardness, Dae Sung walked towards his own bed and read a book about singing techniques.

A few minutes passed in silence before Seungri spoke.

“Dae Sung hyung, I heard that you have encountered a car accident and someone had died due to the accident.” Seungri said nervously. “Can you tell me what happened exactly? Hearing this from someone else’s mouth just feel so wrong.”

Seungri kept his eyes fixed straight in front of him. It was easier to talk sometimes when you didn't have to look at the person.

"You're right. I should explain this to you." Dae Sung replied as he placed the book on the bed.

Seungri didn't react. He didn't even look in Dae Sung’s direction. But he could feel the tense and sad aura beside him.

“At that time, I was on my way to meet my parents after completing my schedules but the accident happened.”

Seungri turned his head and looked at Dae Sung, but Dae Sung kept his sight fixed ahead on to the floor.

“There’s a car in front of me as I was on my way in YangHwaDae Bridge .Suddenly, the car changed lanes and go.When I saw a taxi with emergency light in front, I should have avoided it, but I hit the brake instead. After I hit the brake, I feel like there’s something blocking. The brake did not work and my car crashed into the taxi. After I got off my car and asked the taxi driver if he was injured, I realised that I hit a motorbike driver who was in the middle of the road.”

"I know that everything that happened was my fault." Dae Sung swallowed heavily, gathering all his strength to keep talking.

Seungri opened his mouth to interrupt but Dae Sung cut him off.

"Let me finish, please."

A lump in his throat, Seungri nodded, watching as Dae Sung took a deep breath.

“No matter what I did to repent, I could not redeem my mistakes. Even though the victim’s family members have forgiven me now, I could never forgive myself.”

“Until now, I don’t know whether it is okay for me to laugh like I did in the past.” Dae Sung finished emotionally.

Seungri watched Dae Sung struggle with his words and felt sorry for him. Finally realising why G Dragon do not want him to call Dae Sung a murderer.

“Is G Dragon hyung in a smiliar position as Dae Sung hyung as well?” Seungri thought to himself while thinking of getting to know G Dragon once again.

A few minutes passed in silence and this time, it was Dae Sung who spoke.

“Seungri, did you manage to remember anything after coming back to Korea?” Dae Sung asked as he changed the topic.

Seungri shrugged his shoulders in response.

“Nothing much. It’s just that I kept getting an image of someone saying that if it weren’t for me, that person might be the 5th member of big bang.”

Dae Sung felt his stomach turn as he heard what Seungri said as he recalled what he had witnessed during the Mnet Asian awards. Dae Sung could not believe that Seungri’s disappearance had to do with Hyun Seng and Tae Yang.

"Seungri, when did you come back to Korea?" Dae Sung asked, trying to keep the dread from creeping into his voice.

"I don't know," Seungri replied. "It should be during the Mnet Asian awards."

Dae Sung felt his heart plummet to his stomach.

The realization troubled Dae Sung. He had a feeling that Seungri’s disappearance really had to do with Hyun Seng and Tae Yang. Every single information that he knew just matched perfectly. What Dae Sung is lacking now is solid evidence.

For a fleeting moment, Seungri felt the urge to ask Dae Sung whether there is a sixth member in big bang. But he suppressed it. He had a rough day today and he felt bad making Dae Sung talked about the car accident.

It was nice that Dae Sung was taking the time to talk to him. For now, that was enough.

 


** All credits about Dae Sung's car accident goes to Healing Camp.**