Chapter 18

Big Bang

Chapter 18

 

President YG was sitting in front of his computer, looking at the picture of big bang when they played the hamburger game during their debut days.

“President YG, it’s time to take your medicine.” Sandara said as she placed a cup of water on president YG’s desk.

However, president YG just sat in silence, eyes still fixed on the picture of big bang in the computer.When sandara bowed politely at YG and was about to leave the office, YG spoke slowly and painfully.

“Sandara, tomorrow, during the Mnet Asian awards, Ji yong is going to announce that big bang is going to move on as a member of four.”

Sandara turned around and looked at president YG with saddened eyes.

President YG took off his glasses, rubbing at his eyes tiredly. So much had happened in such little time. Firstly, it was dae sung’s car accident followed by G Dragon’s incident and now, this.

“President YG, you need to take care of your health. The doctor said that you are currently experiencing symptoms.” Sandara replied worriedly.

President YG took in a deep breath and sighed sadly.

“Life is so unpredictable. Seungri was such a lively boy.” President YG spoke slowly and painfully as he recalled the five reasons Seungri thought of on why he should be part of big bang.

(Flashback)

“Before I start, I have something to say to you.” Seungri spoke politely and looked straight at president YG.

“What is it?” President YG replied curiously.

“I have prepared something. I have thought of five reasons on why I should be in the group.” Seungri replied.

“Five reasons? Go ahead.” President YG smiled and wandered what are the five reasons Seungri would come up with.

Seungri gathered his strength in his throat and opened his eyes as wide as he could to prevent his eyes from darting back and forth and spoke each word clearly to show his true feelings.

“The first reason why I should be chosen is aren’t I the most suitable person to be the maknae of the group? The second reason is dancing. Since I have a lot of experience with performances and choreography, I can use that to help the group in those aspects. The third is image. Tae Yang, Dae Sung, G Dragon and Top use their strong and handsome faces to keep the fans and I am certain I can use my cute, naive and clever appearance to keep fans. The fourth reason is confidence. No matter where I am, I can exude confidence in my appearance and my talking skills. As for the fifth reason, I have no fifth reason. I won’t make you regret anything if you give me a chance. I will definitely use the potential and confidence that I haven’t shown yet to surprise everyone. If you will watch, I will try really hard.”

(End Flashback)

“Seungri, I have never regretted my decision by giving you a chance.” YG thought to himself.

Unknowingly, president YG felt a tear rolled down his cheeks after recalling this memory. Seungri’s audition song, haru haru, playing in his head as if it was an incident that happened recently.

***

G Dragon took out a box under his bed and sat on the floor. While G Dragon sat on the floor and stared at the box for a moment, he used his shaking hands to open the box that contained the remaining things that Seungri and he shared together.

G Dragon felt his heart leap out of his chest when he saw the pictures Seungri and he took together. Among the stack of photos, G Dragon saw a voice recorder in the box. G Dragon picked it up and played it. It was a birthday song version of "Dirty Cash” that Seungri secretly wrote and recorded for his 19th birthday.

“I dedicate this song to birthday boy Jingyo!

I’m happy that Jingyo is with me

Just him smiling prettily makes me happy

I’m really happy

I’m happy that Jingyo is with me

My heart is beating

This is really love

Kwon Jiyong, happy birthday!”

G Dragon holds the voice recorder tightly and brought it towards his body, tears falling down his face.

The thought of him announcing that big bang is going to move on as a member of four during the Mnet Asian awards tomorrow made him felt his heart ache horribly.

G Dragon used his other free hand to cover his mouth to soften the crying sounds he made as he cried hard, feeling his body shaking with sobs.

Suddenly, G Dragon heard a knock on his door.

“G Dragon, can I come in?” Tae Yang spoke.

Recognizing Tae Yang’s voice, G Dragon quickly placed the voice recorder into the box and pushed it under his bed before he wiped the back of his hand over his eyes and cover his body with a blanket as he lay on the bed as if he is sleeping.

“G Dragon, can I come in?” Tae Yang spoke as he knocked on the door once more.

  “Yeah.” G Dragon cleared his throat as he tried to reply in a normal voice.

G Dragon heard the door opened and felt a part of the bed sinking as Tae Yang sat on the bed, G Dragon’s back facing Tae Yang.

“Are you sick?” Tae Yang asked worriedly.

“No, I am just tired.” G Dragon replied softly, back still facing Tae Yang.

After a moment of silence, Tae Yang spoke once more.

“G Dragon, I am sorry for burning Seungri’s belongings…”

"No," G Dragon stopped Tae Yang before he could finish his sentence. “You are right. We have yet released any big bang albums for 3 years. In these 3 years, all four of us have been releasing solo albums. It’s time for big bang to move on as a member of four. After all, what you did is because you cared for big bang and the company.” G Dragon replied as he bit on his lip to prevent himself from crying once more when he mentioned that it is time for big bang to move on as a member of four.

G Dragon felt Tae yang got up from his bed and heard his footsteps walking towards the door.

“Stylist noona is ouside. Do you want me to convey any message to her on what you are going to wear for tomorrow’s event?” Tae yang asked.

G Dragon paused for a moment and answered.

“Just tell her that I will be wearing Seungri’s tuxedo. After all, this will be the last time big bang will be together as five.” G Dragon replied as he pulled the covers closer to himself.

“Okay.” Tae Yang replied before he opened the door and left G Dragon’s room.

***

After conveying G Dragon’s message to stylist noona, Tae Yang went back to his room.  Tae Yang leaned his back against the wall, slid down and sat on the ground,

Tae Yang did not like the current depressed atmosphere the dormitory is having right now.

“Everything will be back to normal and big bang will proceed its activities as a group of four as if nothing had happened after the awards tomorrow.” Tae Yang thought to himself.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOzQN_49cPo

I would like to credit TheSeventhLie for translating the birthday song version of "Dirty Cash” that Seungri secretly wrote and recorded for G Dragon's 19th birthday.

=)