Chapter 58

Big Bang

Chapter 58

 

A red haired boy lay on his back on an unmade bed in the shadowed end of the room, one arm behind his head, feigning a stillness that could have been associated with death. He had a thin, pale face with high cheekbones and a hooked nose that gave him a somewhat imperious, disdainful look. There were dark shadows under his eyes as though he hadn't slept in days.

Hyun Seng’s pale face was rigidly still, but his eyes remained fixed on a figure sitting on a chair in front of him, let out a booming laugh before  the figure continues to read the article aloud.

“Public upset over the recent Seungri and Hyun Seng controversy continues as a petition calling for Seungri to not go back to big bang was created. At the same time, another petition was also created calling Hyun Seng to leave Beast after news about a Japan’s famous producing director and several managers from CUBE Entertainment were under investigation and the article in the magazine, having been known to the public.” Tae Yang said the last part in a subtly mocking way.

Tae Yang paused, silent for a moment, lifting his head from the newspaper, observing Hyun Seng’s expression.

Noticing Hyun Seng’s dark eyes looked at him in the relatively calm, emotionless state, Tae Yang continued to read the article aloud.

“Both petitions have a goal set of 100,000 signatures. Both petitions been up for at least two days and have gained 36,281 signatures respectively, reaching 30% of their targeted goal. However, two days after two petitions were created, YG Entertainment CEO, Yang Hyun Suk and CUBE Entertainment CEO Hong Seung-Sung made an official announcement stating that Seungri and Hyun Seng will be present in a press conference to clear all the misunderstandings created by the article. After the announcement made by these two companies, fans and netizens are now anticipating to see what kind of actions Hyun Seng and Seungri will be taking from here on.”

A small smile tugged at the corners of Tae Yang's lips as he carelessly placed the newspaper on the table in front of him.

“That’s a nice way to get back at Seungri.” Tae Yang began evenly and leisurely, leaned back on his chair languorously, “It’s a pity that you didn’t plan it well enough. You could just let Seungri take all the blame on that article, but you fell down with him together.”

Hyun Seng was unable to hold back an unnatural laugh from Tae Yang’s comment.

 

Hyun Seng's eyes narrowed as his grin disintegrated into a slight frown. "You see, dear partner in crime," he ominously said, marring over the word 'dear' with a thick layer of sarcasm, "If you are that good, isn’t it time for you to start your move on TOP Hyung?"

"You are right…” Tae Yang answered with a smile of his own, although it was more scornful than earnest. "Since TOP Hyung is too busy to make a move, I guess, I will be the one to make the first move instead.”

After a lengthy blanket of silence had covered the room, Hyun Seng rolled onto his front, crumpling the shirt he donned on quite efficiently. “What do you intend to do?”

Instead of answering Hyun Seng’s question, Tae Yang stood up and walked towards the chess set on the table taking the delicate little knight in his fingers and pressed the little chess brick in his palm while a dark smile graced Tae Yang's features.

 ***

Sandara was in her bedroom at the dormitory, gazing blankly at the snow whirling outside from her window. Her thoughts raced back to the day when Seungri told her that G Dragon writes songs as a way to express his feelings to the people he loves.

She wanted to believe her own thoughts as what she had explained to Seungri many times before, but unknowingly, she finds this information troubling.

It shouldn't have been so hard to ignore this piece of useless information.

Feeling troubled with her thoughts, Sandara abruptly turned and walked towards Park Bom’s room to seek for advice. Sandara finds it comfortable to confine her troubles with Park Bom due to the and Park Bom had always been there for her, always willing, sometimes too willing, to offer advice. For as long as she could remember, Park Bom had always loved telling her what to do.

When Sandara reached Park Bom’s room, Sandara reached for the doorknob and gave it a firm twist and flopped down on Park Bom’s wrinkled bedspread and waited impatiently for Park Bom to finish reading her novel.

While Park Bom turned a page, Sandara caught a view of the cover. It was of a girl with long, black hair that was interlocked in a tearful embrace with a rather handsome boy. Sandara continued to stare at the cover, a slight frown deepening as she did so. The couple looked miserable. She wondered if that was what being in love felt like.

"I can't read when you're staring at me," Park Bom's narrowed eyes looked up from over the pages of her novel and to Sandara pointedly.

"I need advice," Sandara said, taking Park Bom's complaint as permission to speak.

Park Bom immediately set aside the book, not bothering to mark her page, and sat up. Park Bom raised his eyebrows, “Love advice?"

"No," Sandara said, rolling her eyes. "Friend advice, it's about G Dragon."

Park Bom's perkiness instantly dissipated. "That's still love advice, I suppose."

"G Dragon and I are just friends," Sandara said with as much dignity as she could muster without angering Park Bom. She still did need her help after all.

"There’s no such thing as friendship between a male and a female, Sandara..."

"Park Bom!" Sandara gave her band mate an imploring look.

"Fine," Park Bom said, but her disgusted expression didn't falter. "What had G Dragon done that it's finally making you questioning it?"

“Seungri told me that G Dragon writes songs as a way to express his feelings to the people he loves…” Sandara tried to say.

"Hmm," Park Bom's expression changed into one of neutrality as she considered Sandara's facts. "Go on."

“But, Seungri hinted that G Dragon’s feelings towards me are more than just friends…” Sandara continued and fell silent for a short while. “But, I don’t think it’s true. Even though I knew that some of the songs are inspired by me, that doesn’t mean that his feelings towards me are more than friends isn’t it?”

"If you insist that G Dragon and you are just friends…" Park Bom pressed, "Why are you asking me for advice?"

“I don’t know…” Sandara bit her lip in concentration and her eyes flickered down to see her hands. “What do you think, Park Bom? U support Seungri’s or mines?”

"Seungri’s" Park Bom said after a pensive pause, sounding proud of herself as she gave a decisive nod. "Based on my understanding of G Dragon, I bet that he's in love with you."

"That doesn't even make any sense!" Sandara cried out in frustration. "You can't tell that from just songs that are inspired by me."

"Sandara, why don’t you ask him yourself?" Park Bom replied impatiently.

"Fine! I'll ask him myself," Sandara huffed, rising to her feet. She didn't know what she had been thinking.

Sandara was annoyed, but above that, she was still confused.

She was more confused than ever.