Chapter 21

Big Bang

Chapter 21

 

While packing the magazines, a magazine cover caught his attention.

Seungri’s eyes widened with shock when he saw a picture of himself together with Tae Yang and 3 other people.

Seungri felt something crash inside him.

“This is impossible. If I am from big bang, Tae Yang would recognize me right away!” Seungri tried to reason with himself.

At that moment, G Dragon’s performance started playing on the TV. The familiar music made Seungri lifted his head to look at the TV.

When Seungri observed the features of the person performing right now, Seungri started to feel pain shooting through him.

Seungri gasped as the pain intensified.

“V.I san! V.I san, what’s wrong?”Jong hyun asked as he rushed to his side.

Seungri did not reply Jong hyun as he let out an agonising scream, while grabbing his head as it erupted in burning pain.

“V.I san, it’s your headache isn’t it? I'll go get help!"Jong hyun replied frantically.

Just as Jong hyun made to go and get help,Seungri grabbed onto Jong hyun’s arm.

"No...”Seungri only managed to choke out this word from his mouth as he rolled on to the floor, screaming.

Jong hyun wished there was something else he could do for Seungri but he couldn't think about anything else that would help Seungri as he continued to witness the painful scene in front of him.

After a few minutes, but what seemed like hours, the pain began to dull, until it was back to normal. Seungri opened his bloodshot eyes and looked around him. He was glad he hadn't passed out.

Seungri sat up and grabbed his head as it felt like it was going to fall off at any time.

"How are you?" Jong hyun asked worriedly as he passed a glass of water to Seungri.

Seungri took it gratefully, his throat felt dry, from the screaming.

"I'm fine." Seungri answered.

"Let’s call it a day, I’ll bring you to your room!" Jong hyun said worriedly.

“No,I want to watch the Mnet Asian award.” Seungri replied firmly.

“What?” Jong hyun replied in disbelief. He just can’t understand why the award ceremony is more important than Seungri’s own health.

Seungri took the magazine beside him and handed it to Jong hyun.

“Take a look at the cover page of the magazine.” Seungri answered weakly as he leaned against the wall.

Jong hyun took the magazine curiously as he looked at the cover page.

Jong hyun’s eyes widened with shock when he saw a picture of Seungri together with Tae Yang and 3 other people.

"Do you know what words can describe what I am feeling right now?” Jong hyun exclaimed.

“Mental breakdown.”

“Holy .”

“What the hell.”

“Totally, what the hell. I will not believe that Tae Yang could not recognize you when you were in Japan since you are one of his band members.”Jong hyun spoke,barely restraining his anger.

“Finally I understand the meaning of the proverb, never judge a book by its cover.” Jong hyun spoke once more as he slammed the magazine on the table.

Seungri sighed as he looked at the TV.

“Whatever it is, I hope that I could remember more after watching this show.”

Jong hyun was instantly at his side.

“Did you manage to remember something?” Jong hyun asked in concern.

Seungri shook his head.

“Nothing much. I just managed to remember that I am part of the boy band, big bang.” Seungri said quietly as he approached to sit on the nearby chair.

Jong hyun nodded his head in response.

"Okay, at least there’s something." Jong hyun answered back simply as he joined Seungri by watching the show together with him.

***

Throughout the entire show, there was nothing that could trigger Seungri’s memories. When they were about to turn their attention away from the show, one of the award winning categories caught their attention once more.

“The best boy band award goes to big bang!”

Seungri kept his eyes fixed on the television screen, feeling his heart beat frantically.

Seungri unknowingly concentrated on a guy named G Dragon. Seungri had a feeling that he is going to say something bad even though he can’t see any signs of unhappiness on G Dragon’s expression.

“As the leader of big bang, I would like to thank all the fans over the world for supporting us. Even though we have not released a big bang album after 3 years, winning such a prestigious award is a very big surprise to us. Of course, I would also like to thank President YG and all the staffs from the company. Without them, we would not be able to be what we are right now.”

After G Dragon’s speech, the audience started to cheer for big bang loudly.

“There’s something I would like to announce.” G Dragon interrupted, making the audience stopped cheering as they wanted to hear what G Dragon is going to say next.

Seungri grabbed on to the table tightly as he sees G Dragon taking a deep breath and closed his eyes before he started talking.

“All of you know that something had happened to a member of ours. As the leader of big bang, I am going to announce that from tomorrow onwards, big bang is going to move on as a member of four.”

Jong hyun was looking at Seungri with wide disbelieving eyes.

"V.I san…" Jong hyun called out, but Seungri didn't answer him.

Seungri’s mind is too confused right now.

“What is going on?”

“Why would G Dragon announce something like this?”

“Why Tae Yang did not recognize him when he was in Japan?”

“Have he been out casted by big bang?

“Jong hyun, do you know the location of that event?” Seungri asked, his voice breaking slightly.

Jong hyun looked uneasily at him but answered.

“I have no idea.”

Seungri shakily got up from the chair and walked towards the door.

“Where are you going in this condition?” Jong hyun exclaimed as he stood in front of Seungri, blocking his way.

“Move.” Seungri spoke firmly as he looked at Jong hyun in the eye.

“No, I am not moving.” Jong hyun replied firmly.

Ignoring Jong hyun, Seungri moved away from him and started walking towards the door.

“It’s late and it is impossible for you to question them due to the high security over there.” Jong hyun tried to reason with Seungri as he held on to Seungri’s arm tightly.

“Move!” Seungri shouted at Jong hyun, looking at him fiercely.

At that instant, Jong hyun gave Seungri a very hard punch on his face.

Seungri stumbled back a few steps, caught off by the sudden attack.

Unable to think calmly, Seungri looked at Jong hyun with his eyes burning fiercely and gave Jong hyun a punch on his face too.

Knowing that no words could make Seungri think properly right now, Jong hyun began to fight with Seungri, hoping that this could make Seungri feel better.

The fight goes on until Seungri stopped punching Jong hyun and fell on to the floor, breathing like he had run for miles, his chest heaving, and tears continued to track down his cheeks.

"Tell me it's not true! Tell me that this is a nightmare." Seungri pleaded.

The pain in Seungri's voice brought tears to Jong hyun’s eyes. Jong hyun continued to hold Seungri's gaze and somewhere in his eyes, Seungri found the answer.

“AHH!!!” Seungri screamed.

At once, Jong hyun moved, closing both arms around Seungri, letting Seungri cry against his chest.