Chapter 30

Big Bang

Chapter 30

 

After Sandara left Seungri and G Dragon to attend a management meeting, Seungri found himself standing outside the dormitory. His heart was thumping painfully in his chest as he looked at the door in front of him. He is back to where he belonged, the place where he could find his memories.

"Welcome home, Seungri" G Dragon said warmly as he opened the door, leading Seungri inside the dormitory.

There was a knot in his stomach as Seungri walked in the living room, as stiff as cardboard. He looked around the spacious room and felt his heart settle down a little. He silently observes his surroundings, somehow feeling glad that the dormitory wasn't overly tidy but it wasn't messy either.  

Seungri spent the next few minutes, quietly looking around, totally ignoring what G Dragon was saying.

Instinctively, Seungri found himself standing in front of a room. All the rooms in the dormitory looked exactly the same. But Seungri could not help being drawn by the room right in front of him. It feels as if something is calling out to him, telling him to open the door.

When Seungri placed his hand onto the door knob, G Dragon suddenly placed his hand on top of his, preventing him from opening the door.

“Seungri, don’t open the door. The room had not been cleaned in ages. Let’s wait for the care taker to clean up the room next week before you enter the room.” G Dragon tried to convince Seungri, hoping to prolong the fact that his belongings have been burnt to ashes.

“Go away, is it a crime to enter my own room?” Seungri said with unveiled irritation.

G Dragon swallowed, not knowing what to say.

After a sullen pause, G Dragon spoke up.

"No, it is not a crime. I just wanted you to enter a clean room. I wanted to give you an unforgettable memory of how wonderful this room is when you see it."

Seungri pressed his lips tightly together at G Dragon's lame response. Seungri knew that G Dragon is hiding something from him.

With sudden frustration, Seungri pushed G Dragon away and quickly opened the door. Seungri was silent as he scrunched up his eyes, trying to see what was inside the bare looking room. No matter how hard Seungri looked, inside the room only contains a bed, table and an opened empty closet.

Seungri gnashed his teeth angrily together, becoming more irate by the second as he realized that G Dragon had lied to him that his belongings are still around.

Seungri whipped around to face G Dragon, his face flooding with anger. His jaw was tense, black eyes flashing with dark fire. At his steely voice, G Dragon could feel himself flinching. "Indeed, what an unforgettable memory."

“Seungri…” G Dragon said quietly. It was a plea. A plea that went unheard.

“Why, you also have an explanation for something like this too?" Seungri asked coldly before he walked towards the door to leave the dormitory.

G Dragon held on to Seungri’s uninjured arm, preventing Seungri from leaving the dormitory.

“Where are you going?” G Dragon said desperately.

Seungri turned around, eyes narrowed.

“I need to at least buy some clothing to last me least 3 months shouldn’t I?” Seungri replied coldly.

G Dragon let out a breath of relief. At least Seungri is staying.

“There’s no need to. I can share my clothes with you. You can slowly buy your own clothes after you got used to the new environment.” G Dragon said immediately. 

Seungri gave G Dragon a small humorless laugh.

 “You want to share your underwear with me too? Please, don’t disgust me.” Seungri replied sarcastically as he proceeds to walk towards the exit.

G Dragon flushed at Seungri’s comment before he followed Seungri.

“But, I will be paying the bill for you today.” G Dragon said, trying to lift up the mood.

Instead of answering G Dragon, Seungri glared hatefully at him before walking out of the dormitory.

***

Seungri was feeling overwhelmed when he approached the busy streets of Dongdaemun.Male and females of all ages were everywhere. Their arms bundled with everything imaginable, from magazines to apparels to accessories. Dongdaemun is totally a fashion town.

Seungri would have enjoyed walking around Dongdaemun if only someone isn’t following him around like a puppy.

Seungri growled something under his breath as he walked down the streets of Dongdaemun. G Dragon on the other hand, followed him with a sad smile on his face. In the past, it was Seungri who was following him. Now, it was his turn to follow Seungri.

"Why are you following me?" Seungri asked vehemently,interrupting G Dragon’s thoughts.

"Because I will be paying the bill for you today, remember?" G Dragon answered as cheerfully as he could.

Seungri scoffed at G Dragon.

“I do not need you to pay. Just leave me alone.”

Before G Dragon could reply him, a very large crowd of fan girls started to surround G Dragon.

“G Dragon oppa!! Please take a picture with me!”

“G Dragon oppa!! Please give me your signature!”

G Dragon tried to weave his way through the crowd while giving his signature randomly. When he caught sight of Seungri among the crowd, Seungri turned around and met his eyes, smirking at him and with a wink, he disappeared from G Dragon’s sight as the crowd gets larger.

G Dragon felt his blood suddenly run cold. He didn't like the look Seungri just gave him, not one bit. He pushed his way past the fan girls, too panicked to care now and finally managed to get past the crowd. But, he could not see Seungri at all.

G Dragon ran along the streets of Dongdaemun and looked for Seungri with a frantically beating heart and sweaty palms. He told himself that Seungri won’t leave him like that. After all, Seungri just promised someone that he will stay and get to know big bang for at least 3 months.

But, what does Seungri meant when he gave him that look? G Dragon panicked even more when he realised he didn't know the answer. Fearing of losing Seungri again, G Dragon started to shout.

“Seungri!”

***

After Seungri left G Dragon with the crowd of fan girls, Seungri walked along the streets of Dongdaemun, enjoying the rare moment that he was alone, with G Dragon no longer by his side.

Seungri was busy thinking about which store he would go to when a small voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Seungri oppa?"

Seungri looked for the source of the voice and found a little girl, dressed in a red dress. Seungri looked at the little girl, not knowing how to react.

The girl started to walk closer to him and looked at him, a cute serious look on her face.

"You came back." The girl said to him.

Seungri had to fight to keep his expression clear of pain. He smiled at the little girl.

"Yeah, I came back." Seungri replied.

“But, why is Seungri oppa not happy?” The girl asked him again.

Seungri didn't move. He was frozen in place when he heard what the girl asked him.

“Is he really not happy?”

“Why is he unhappy?”

“Why that girl thought that he is unhappy?”

Seungri was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard another voice.

“I’m so sorry that my daughter had disturbed you.”

Seungri looked up to see a lady standing before him.

“My daughter had always liked a member in big bang, Seungri. However, it is a pity that member died. My daughter is so upset over the news that she started to think that all guys that looked like him are Seungri.” The lady explained as the little girl climbed back into her arms.

Seungri only nodded his head to show that he had understood.

After the lady and the little girl walked away from him, his heart was beating wildly in his chest as he recalled what that lady said to him.

The fact that everyone thought Seungri is dead hit him hard. No wander no one recognizes him when he was with G Dragon moments ago.

Seungri started to run as fast and as far as he could.

It hurt so unbelievably much that Seungri didn't want to stop to accept it. He wanted to forget that he was the 5th member of big bang and the fact that there is no way that he could return when everyone thought that he is dead.