Chapter 45

Big Bang

Chapter 45

 

The concert hall was filled with excited screams and enthusiastic yells as Hyun Seng prepares to sing the next segment of the performace.

No need

I no longer need it

I don’t need anyone

Hyun Seng sang as passionately as he could, as his mind conjured up images of his past. He remembered the time when he looked for President YG out of frustration at being eliminated in an audition and was later accepted as a trainee.

I no longer need this white wig

I don’t need it

I want to feel real life

It has red lips which smell like wine

That warms my body and whisper in my ear

I want to know

How do you get rid of your own shadow and refuse your destiny?

Hyun Seng ran to other side of the stage as he thought back to how much effort he tried to improve on his facial expressions when he was a trainee in YG Entertainment.

How do you refuse yourself and become someone else

Who can I ask?

When I don’t understand it myself?

How can I remove my shadow and find freedom?

Who on earth are you?

Don’t restrain me no more

Freely, If I can live that way

Hyun Seng bent down on the stage as he remembered his trainee days in YG Entertainment when the results didn’t show even though he had been trying his hardest by putting in everything he got.  Criticisms about his facial expressions and inability to write lyrics rang in his ears as if it was a recent incident.

I ask for nothing more

It made me cry

That symphony compared to a smooth bossom

Made my heart more tender

Hyun Seng places one hand on his chest emotionally, his eyes gazing at the energetic fans.

I was shaken

I want to know

Hyun Seng then got up slowly on his knees, his eyes sweeping across the audience while he tried to find Seungri among the crowd.

How do you get rid of your own shadow?

How do you leave everything behind?

How did you betray your own coinscience and refuse your self?

How?

If I myself am in the way

How can you remove your shadow and find freedom?

The fear that suffocates me

A burden on my shadows

Silence that asks me but doesn’t answer my questions

There is little time and it chokes me

The shadow that follows me

I believe will kill me one day

Hyun Seng got up on his feet and trailed off the last note with an echo while a scene flashed in Hyun Seng's mind. It was a scene of him being rejected by President YG in a final elimination to form big bang.

Find me the freedom

How can I live

My fate, should I accept it?

I can’t do it

I can’t

Hyun Seng stretched his arms wide, feeling a single tear slipped down his cheek.

Right now I, I want to avoid my destiny

Hyun Seng trailed off the last note with an echo once more and ran to the end of the stage.

Silence reigned over the concert hall as Hyun Seng's last note echoed lightly into the air.

The silence was broken by the sound of a single person clapping. More joined in, the sound sounding scattered at first, before it rose to a unified crescendo. Soon, everyone in the concert hall were putting their hands together for a round of applause at the performance that had exceeded expectations had evoked, amidst whistles and cat calls.

But Hyun Seng wasn't paying attention to the reactions of the audience. He was looking at Seungri, who looked surprised, his eyes wide in shock. He was staring at him as if seeing him for the first time.

Hyun Seng crooked little smile and bowed at the audience with one thought in his mind.

“Seungri, back then, my performance was inferior to yours. What do you think of my performance now?”

***

Seungri watched as Hyun Seng made his way to the back of the stage. His gaze trailed after Hyun Seng’s tall and slender form disappeared from his sight.

What Hyun Seng said to him before his performace had never left his mind and he felt an unknown shiver ran down his back when he realized that Hyun Seng had locked his gaze with him moments ago.

A hand on his shoulder brought him back to reality.

“Seungri!”

Seungri blinked, reluctantly turning his gaze to G Dragon's bright black eyes. "What?"

“I know that Hyun Seng’s performace is spectacular.” G Dragon said softly. “But, we have to leave."

At that, Seungri looked around him and noticed that everyone had left the concert hall except for him and G Dragon. Seungri blinked, seemingly to snap out of his whirling thoughts for a moment.

"Okay…" Seugri murmured softly. Seungri stood up almost robotically, causing G Dragon to remove his hand away from his shoulder. As Seungri made his way to the exit, G Dragon looked at him worriedly before proceeding to follow him.

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQ-reTwwYM

The link above is a song that hyun seng performed in this story. The original performer is Xiah Jun Su from DBSK for his mozart musical.