Chapter 14

Big Bang

Chapter 14

 

Seungri opened his eyes and saw the white ceiling. Remembering that he was supposed to compete in a dance tournament, Seungri shot up on the bed.

The hospital room door opened as Jong hyun entered the room. The sight of Seungri awake, made Jong hyun rushed over to his side.

“V.I-san! You are awake!” Jong hyun exclaimed as he approached and sat on the side of the bed.

"What happened?" Seungri asked at once.

"Well, you sort of fainted." Jong hyun said looking worriedly at Seungri.

“How about the tournament? Did we lose?” Seungri asked with his eyes fixed on Jong hyun, dreading to hear the answer at the same time.

“Yeah, we lost.” Jong hyun answered quietly. He didn't even dare look at Seungri.

Seungri nodded his head stiffly and diverted his gaze.

“Sorry….” Seungri whispered.

After a few moments of tense silence, Jong hyun cleared his throat and replied.

“Well, look at the bright side. From this tournament, I found out that I still love dancing. I guess being a dance instructor or something like that is not a bad idea.”

Seungri looked up at Jong hyun with a look of surprise in his eyes.

“How about your uncle’s business?”  Seungri asked.

Jong hyun shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, my uncle always hoped that I would pursue something else.”

Seungri nodded his head in agreement.

“Yeah, that’s true.” Seungri said with a smile.

After a few moments, Jong hyun stood up suddenly.

“I almost forgot about it.” Jong hyun said as he took out an envelope from his back pocket and handed it to Seungri.

“The judge with a Mohawk hairstyle asked me to hand this over to you once you are awake.” Jong hyun replied as he put his hands into his pocket.

With a puzzled look on Seungri’s face, Seungri took the envelope and opened it. Inside the envelope, it contains a cheque and a letter.

When Seungri took the letter and read it quickly, Seungri suddenly got out of the bed and dashed out of the room with the letter and cheque in his hand.

“V.I-san!” Jong hyun exclaimed as he saw Seungri dashed out of the room.

***

“That person is Seungri.” Tae Yang said as he joined Hyun Seng by sitting next to him in the hospital waiting area.

Hyun Seng bit his bottom lip, in an attempt to calm himself. He turned his eyes towards Tae yang, fear evident in them.

“But, Seungri had lost his memories.” Tae yang replied before Hyun Seng could open his mouth.

Hyun Seng felt his heart hammer against his Adams apple when he heard that Seungri had lost his memories.

“But, we are at an advantage. All we have to do is to make sure that Seungri will not go back to Korea and he would not regain his memories.” Tae yang replied with determination.

"How?” Hyun Seng asked in a panicked voice.

At that moment, Tae Yang felt his hand phone vibrated. Tae Yang took out his hand phone and read the message sent by his manager.

“I just got an idea.” Tae Yang replied with a smile.

Hyun Seng watched Tae yang with curiosity as Tae yang took a pen, paper and envelope from the hospital counter.

Hyun Seng stared at Tae yang, wondering what the point was to all of this. Hyun Seng gasped when Tae yang took out a cheque and wrote the amount on it.

Looking at Hyun Seng’s reaction, Tae yang handed his hand phone to Hyun Seng as he replied calmly.

“I asked my manager to check the address that Seungri is currently residing in. Based on my manager’s research, Seungri is currently living in a remote village in Japan. A recent natural disaster that happened few years ago, have destroyed all land travelling accessibilities.”

Hyun Seng inclined his head and looked at Tae Yang.

“What does that got to do with Seungri?” Hyun Seng asked.

"As you can see from this, the village is in need of money. With this amount of money, Seungri could revamp the village and he could live comfortably without working at all.” Tae Yang answered.

“Do you think Seungri would accept it?” Hyun Seng asked as he felt his mouth goes dry.

Tae Yang shrugged his shoulders.

“I hope that this plan goes well. Anyway, who won’t love money?” Tae Yang replied simply.

Hyun Seng nodded his head in agreement as he sees Tae Yang approached Seungri’s dance partner.

When Hyun Seng saw Tae Yang handled the envelope to Seungri’s dance partner, he leaned against the chair, trying to calm himself.

“I hope that everything goes well.”

Hyun Seng whispered.

***

Tae Yang and Hyun Seng were walking towards the exit of the hospital. Suddenly, Tae Yang realised that he forgot to return the pen he was holding back to the hospital counter.

“Hyun Seng, wait for me here, I need to return this pen.” Tae Yang replied as he showed the pen to Hyun Seng.

Hyun Seng gave a slight nod as he sees Tae Yang disappeared from his sight.

While waiting for Tae Yang, colour from Hyun Seng‘s face drained at once when he heard a familiar voice echoing along the corridor.

“I’m sorry, have you seen a guy with a Mohawk hairstyle?”

Hyun Seng’s eyes widen with shock as he sees Seungri approached passer bys asking for Tae Yang’s whereabouts.

Hyun Seng darted his eyes to the left and right, not knowing what to do now. He do not want to be seen by Seungri yet, he do not want Seungri to find Tae Yang so that their plan would work.

Before Hyun Seng could think of an answer, Seungri stood in front of him.

“I’m sorry, have you seen a guy with a Mohawk hairstyle?” Seungri asked as he held on to Hyun Seng.

Hyun Seng felt his heart hammer against his chest as his eyes locked with Seungri’s eyes.

Using all the strength he had, Hyun Seng pointed a random direction as he diverted his gaze from Seungri.

After Seungri gave Hyun Seng a polite bow and left to the direction he pointed to, Hyun Seng felt his legs turned into jelly as he fell onto the ground.

At that moment, Tae yang rushed over to Hyun Seng when he saw Hyun Seng on the ground.

“Hyun Seng! What are you doing on the ground? What happened?”

“Hyung, I just saw Seungri.” Hyun Seng replied in a trembled voice as he held onto Tae yang tightly.

“Hyung, I am glad that Seungri is still alive. But, do we have to do this?”  Hyun Seng asked in a panicked voice.

Tae Yang looked at Hyun Seng as he answered.

“Imagine the consequences if Seungri knew that you are the one who pushed him down the cliff. All these years, I have been by your side. All I have done is for your own good. Trust me.”

Hearing what Tae Yang had said, Hyun Seng nodded his head in silence before getting up and left the hospital.

***

“V.I-san!” Jong hyun exclaimed when he saw Seungri entered the hospital room.

Seungri looked at Jong hyun but didn't say anything as Seungri walked towards the bed.

“What happened?” Jong hyun asked worriedly.

Seungri silently placed the envelope on the bed as he pulled his legs towards his body and hugged his legs.

Jong hyun opened the envelope and beganto read the letter.

V.I-San,

I just get to know the current situation your village is facing. I placed a cheque in the envelope. Use it well.

 Jong hyun opened the envelope once more and took out the cheque. Jong hyun looked up at Seungri. Jong hyun couldn't believe it. Who would give someone USD 100 million?

“The problem is not the cheque. I don’t know why, but my sixth sense told me that I knew that judge.” Seungri said tiredly.

Jong hyun sat in silence. He didn't know how to deal with this situation now.

Jong hyun took the cheque and glanced at it. Noticing that the cheque is from a Korea bank, Jong hyun replied with confidence.

“Let’s go to Korea and find him.”

Hearing what Jong hyun said, Seungri looked up at Jong hyun with a look of surprise in his eyes.

“But, I don’t have a passport.” Seungri replied sadly.

This time, Jong hyun smiled.

“I know a person who could solve this.”

***

Somewhere in Korea…

It is already past midnight when Tae Yang got back to the dormitory. When Tae yang walked towards his room, he suddenly stood in front of Seungri’s room. The words that the doctor had said came swimming back to him.

“Do try to expose your friend to things or places that he usually does or goes to before he lost his memories.”

Tae yang took out his phone.

“YG hyung, I need to discuss something with you.”